#12 Shannon Cox

Player President threads here thanks.

Moderator: bbmods

punkologist

Post by punkologist »

look at burnsie being held by the arm in that pic, bet there wasn't a free paid then. The apes hands arn't far from coxy's back either.
Didcos435

Post by Didcos435 »

He is just a work in progress at the minute. Once he finds himself and his best position he will be a very handy player. He reeks of class.
Johnson#26

Post by Johnson#26 »

Reported by Dr Larkins on The Sunday Footy Show as suffering an ankle complaint, and is 'in doubt' for next Saturday.
fan4collingwood

Post by fan4collingwood »

That was such a huge job at 6foot 2 to be our Ruck while Josh rested. Good onya Shannon for stepping up to the task and you did a fine job too!

Hope your ankle injury isn't serious, and we see you again next week for th mighty Collingwood football team!
Tannin

Post by Tannin »

No no no no no no .... I can see next week now ......

Out: Cox (ankle)
In: Holland

No no no no no!
�Let's eat Grandma.� Commas save lives!
Brown26
Been liked: 2 times

Post by Brown26 »

what about

Out: Cox (ankle)
In: Rocca

.... ;)
Tannin

Post by Tannin »

That's actually more likely, you would think, Brown26. And a much better change with the Cats to face next week.
�Let's eat Grandma.� Commas save lives!
Cakewalk

Post by Cakewalk »

Cox is a true utility , probably best suited as a half-back/wing , but he has the ability to be a footballer who can plug gaps when needed.
"Are you an angry man? Are you envious? Do you get envious? I have competition in me. I want no one else to succeed. I hate most people. At times, I look at people and I see nothing worth liking. "
jeff corfe

Post by jeff corfe »

nomadjack wrote:What a bloody leap he has on him. What's his contract situation? Loved the way he moved in traffic in the midfield last week. Reckon he's going to be a special talent for us over the next decade.
Will be a 200 gamer and played most of his junior footy up forward..will turn out to be our version of Daryl White, carries the ball with class!
Pa Marmo

Post by Pa Marmo »

I thought he did a fantastic job on the weekend. Certainly seems to have a flair about him. Looks as if he Just needs to convince himself he deserves to be out there and he will be a ripper me thinks.
Genesis 1:1
rand corp

Post by rand corp »

Cox played a lot of ruck coming through the junior ranks.
Didn't do a lot today -conditions obviously didn't suit him but, he did win more tap outs that I would have expected.

Looks well suited to the sweeper, quarter back role to me, reads the play very well, has good hands, decent speed for his height and is a beautiful kick.

Went off with an injury on Saturday, ankle I believe.
DT
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 6 times

Cox - the new Shane Morwood?

Post by DT »

Is it just me or does anyone see a bit of Shane Morwood potential in Cox.
Morwood was a super player who used skill and class to beat his opponent and create options off the backline.

If Cox can keep developing, I can see he has a bit of the freakish ability that Morwood had.
Daicos, impossible angle ... Goal!
perthmagpie

Post by perthmagpie »

Yes I can. Morwood was a gun sweeper, heaps of time and anticipation and not many mistakes. Cox has same laconic style and cool head. I hope his character and passion match Shane's, because he's a damn exciting prospect.
Magpies love pies(Lol)
Piethagoras' Theorem
Been liked: 2 times

Post by Piethagoras' Theorem »

I reckon they're different players. I don't think Cox has Morwood's footy smarts, finesse or skill but has more strength, dash and athleticism. Probably has a bit more mongrel about him too
Formally frankiboy and FrankieGoesToCollingwood.
jeff corfe

Post by jeff corfe »

Shannon Cox could be anything but he tends to lose himself a bit, very much a flash in and out player. When everything is going good he gets better, tends to drop head when things dont go well. He is very much like Daryl White from Brisbane in the sense how he carries the ball. In 2007 we saw things that showed this kid has so much class and with a bit of teaching in the self discipline area he will go a long way.
Nice bloke and keen to succeed, This has to be shannon's year if not he might find a new home someplace in 09.
Needs to keep out of strife and grab his chance now. Powerful player, can read the play and take a nice mark and can play both ends of the ground, with the absence of Clement one would expect Cox to be a regular senior player...I hope so!