Squad waiting list?

A forum for the use of Collingwood's Cheer Squad - and for anyone else who would like to comment on or contact the Cheer Squad.

Moderator: bbmods

magpie_born_and_bred

Post by magpie_born_and_bred »

very good point jack, in 2009 when we get the ultras up and running i hope to god we never have opposition fans in our stand,

if so, we know what to chant ;)
We are the army, the Magpie Army, and we are mental, and we are mad, we are the loyalist football supporters, THE WORLD HAS EVER HAD!
Yobbo^LuKa

Post by Yobbo^LuKa »

Peter wrote:This year we aim to try and find out who does and doesn't use there seat. It may not be a quick fix in 2008 but hopefully by 2009 we will have all 250 seats occupied. So say for instance you sit in k1, k2, k3 and nobody sits in k4, k5 for 1 week then the next week its the same and again well we can have a look who supposed to be occuping that seat. We can then check if they have scanned there ticket and are sitting else were or if they simply do not come.

These people either should just either purchase a seasons ticket and sit in General Admission and let people that want to be part of the cheer sqaud every week in....

It won't happen overnight but it will happen.
A pretty sensible and logical ploy in trying to stomp out the finals ticket loving no showers... lol

I have often wondered why they don't do it...But at the end of the day it doesn't matter if they don't rock up as to the club they are all paid up and the money is in the bank. lol
Tradition? Pfft you call merging with Fitzroy and cheatin to 3 flags Tradition? Winning 4 flags in a row is history, which makes tradition!
magpie_born_and_bred

its a good idea to try to weed out those who do not rock up because that is half the problem in solving the issue of noise at our games and the reputation of our squad.
We are the army, the Magpie Army, and we are mental, and we are mad, we are the loyalist football supporters, THE WORLD HAS EVER HAD!
Fire Up

Post by Fire Up »

magpie_born_and_bred wrote:its a good idea to try to weed out those who do not rock up because that is half the problem in solving the issue of noise at our games and the reputation of our squad.
you cant do that. mainly because some people do work on saturdays and can not get out of it or need the money. also some people might have plans like a wedding to go to etc. you get my drift
magpie_born_and_bred

yeah your right. But it will be noticable who is not there consecutive weeks in a row. I am sure those in charge of this investigation will do a great job.
Fire Up

Post by Fire Up »

but how are they going to know.

besides if there is spare seats its maybe because no one is allocated that seat. i know near me there is like 5 seats spare
Peter

Post by Peter »

Those seats are not spare we have 250 cheer squad members and 250 spots..thus a wiating list...those seats would be paid for by those 5 people obvioulsy either purchase for a guareenteed finals ticket or chose to sit else where. Thus why we want to find out why??

You don't work or have wedding every week?? We play Saturday/Sunday/ Friday and Saturday nights....I guarenttee those people are in there seats on Anzac Day. Why??
YESTERDAY is history
TOMORROW in a mystery
TODAY IS A GIFT
WHICH IS WHY WE CALL IT THE PRESENT
"Life is meant to be lived";LIVE FOR TODAY
Fire Up

Post by Fire Up »

nah man they are ALWAYS spare. coz the dad that brings his son and brother also brings his dad. then on the other side the wife brings her freind as well. and behind me people bring freinds. all are not members of cheersquad.

anzac day is the same the guys and behind me its spare.
magpie_born_and_bred

i think someone with a bit more sense would know best Micky.
Fire Up

Post by Fire Up »

magpie_born_and_bred wrote:i think someone with a bit more sense would know best Micky.
what ya mean :shock: :?
sam.

Post by sam. »

mum just got a phone call from will, guess a few people havent resigned because shes just been offered a spot.

everyone better be mega nice to her! lol.
Sam
"I've had enough of having nothing, I won't take just anything. I got my mind set on something, all I want is everything. All I want is everything."
aryan

cheer squad waiting list

Post by aryan »

i was on the waiting list since about mid last year and i have been accepted so there shouldnt be a problem keep ringing and pushing the issue and u should be right..
fence-banger

Waiting list

Post by fence-banger »

The Cheer Squad is locked-into a certain no. of seats, as directed by the Club ~ it's not possible to expand the no. of seats/rows.
Some years there a more vacancies than other years, it just depends on how many decide to drop-off.
Those on the Wait list should hear soon about membership & seating if they haven't already, maybe as early as next week.
The seating arrangements can be a bit of a jigsaw puzzle ~ eg if 3 are coming in and there are 2 seats in 1 row, and 1 further away, that sort of thing. Not everyone already with a seat is happy to move to help with the jigsaw puzzle, so the whole thing can get tricky!
As we all know, there are a lot of cardboard cut-outs in the Cheer Squad ~ something that drags us all down. They're not always the oldies, they're youngies too, so it's more a problem of outlook & what we think a Cheer Squad is about. Lots of times, I hear members say that they don't have to do anything cos they're paid-up members ~ as if that's what being a Cheer Squad member is about! :roll:
Side by side we Stick together
Magpie_Dan

Post by Magpie_Dan »

magpie_born_and_bred wrote:good stuff, yes sean i kno u do cheer, nothin was directed at u
So who you directing this at then? Do tell!!!
PAUL MEDHURST'S #1 FAN
NATHAN BUCKLEY- 280 Games 284 Goals
Bucks You Are THE KING

AT COLLINGWOOD, YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE
Fire Up

Post by Fire Up »

Magpie_Dan wrote:
magpie_born_and_bred wrote:good stuff, yes sean i kno u do cheer, nothin was directed at u
So who you directing this at then? Do tell!!!
he cant coz he is banned AGAIN!

besides he is (probz) at the soccer tonight. getting MORE ideas from there to put in the cs