Appreciation

A forum for the use of Collingwood's Cheer Squad - and for anyone else who would like to comment on or contact the Cheer Squad.

Moderator: bbmods

jeff corfe

Appreciation

Post by jeff corfe »

For a great cheersquad function last night at the Lexus Centre, Great people, Great food, Great night, Good to catch up with you all once again
seeya all in 08
Go Pies
zoia

Post by zoia »

i would also like to thank the club for putting on a night for us, i already miss everyone cant wait for footy to come back, and thanks again for the beer and and bbq was very nice of the club
Fire Up

Post by Fire Up »

yea i would like to say thanks as well. great nite. good to catch up with people last night.

(how is that joffa) :lol: :lol: :shock:
Yobbo^LuKa

Post by Yobbo^LuKa »

magpie_1983 wrote:i would also like to thank the club for putting on a night for us, i already miss everyone cant wait for footy to come back, and thanks again for the beer and and bbq was very nice of the club
It was nice to see you again Paul, I've missed you dearly lol Can't wait to see you again x hahahahah

Great night, some great people... lol jkz Fantastic night.
Tradition? Pfft you call merging with Fitzroy and cheatin to 3 flags Tradition? Winning 4 flags in a row is history, which makes tradition!
sam.

Post by sam. »

it was a really good night.
heaps awesome catching up with everyone.
Sam
"I've had enough of having nothing, I won't take just anything. I got my mind set on something, all I want is everything. All I want is everything."
cobood

Post by cobood »

It really was a fabulous night, best c/squad function we have had in years...

You know you really are family when you start missing the people that are part of your life for 6 months of the year, and it makes you happy to see and be together again...

Many many thanks to the cfc, Euge and Will for a great night....
....Collingwood Forever....
....Premiers 2010/
Peter

Post by Peter »

Great Night. Like everyone has mentioned was just great to catch up with everyone before Xmas and makes us all that bit more excited for 2008.

To the commitee of 2007 and the rest of the Cheer Squad I would also like to say a big thanks. We achieved alot both on and off the field in 2007. Let's hope we continue on the right direction in 2008.

Fresh faces, new flags and 1 big happy family.....all the best for Xmas and the New Year.

Pete
YESTERDAY is history
TOMORROW in a mystery
TODAY IS A GIFT
WHICH IS WHY WE CALL IT THE PRESENT
"Life is meant to be lived";LIVE FOR TODAY
jeff corfe

Post by jeff corfe »

cobood wrote:It really was a fabulous night, best c/squad function we have had in years...

You know you really are family when you start missing the people that are part of your life for 6 months of the year, and it makes you happy to see and be together again...

Many many thanks to the cfc, Euge and Will for a great night....
Very true Frankie
It had a special feel, In the old days one would go to a cheersquad function with aprehension, a touch of nerves of not knowing what to expect, Eugenes involvement with the squad has been swift and dynamic, In the sometimes explosive history of the cheersquad whichever way you choose to look at it, Eugene has been able to calm the factions, some would say more factions in our squad than the Australian labour party.

It's nice that at long last we have a family feel, a sense of direction, a meaning to our cause, to establish what we did this year was amazing, on the brink of being disbanded ( my opinion ) we were able to turn it all around, Have fun give so much back to the non collingwood cheersquad member, We many times this season opened our squad and hearts to visitors from all over the world and Australia.
In my books we captured the true meaning of Collingwood.

Eugene's involvement in all of this should not be dismissed, A fair person who is very much respected by all, Im still the new guy on the block as far as cheersquad membership years are concerned, But let me tell you all for the first time ever, i can truly say it's bloody fantastic being a collingwood cheersquad member.
To all the team leaders, Euge Will Betts and everyone else a big heartfelt thanks!

And i know i give everyone the shits because no one will sing ' Abide with me' in the cheersquad aisleway...but dont worry im still working on it. :wink:
stik35

Post by stik35 »

Many thanks to the Club for putting on such a good night.
Was great to catch up with everyone and the food was pretty good too, was not just your snag in bread, the salad was good too.

My only disappointment was the fact that there was no Sauvignon Blanc but I'm really not complaining, there was ample of everything else and I was pretty happy when it was served at the Copeland Trophy night.
If you bleed black and white you'll never walk alone.
magpie_born_and_bred

Post by magpie_born_and_bred »

sad that i missed this event!

schoolies rocked!

I look forward to catching up with all of you in 2008, and would not rather be anywhere else!

CMON COLLINGWOOD - Together we march forward....
We are the army, the Magpie Army, and we are mental, and we are mad, we are the loyalist football supporters, THE WORLD HAS EVER HAD!
fence-banger

Post by fence-banger »

Thanks for the great comments.
Yes, the Cheer Squad was re-structured at the beginning of 07 and it showed nicely, didn't it!
We've lost Eugene, a great pity, as he was a tremendous support & advocate at Club level.
William Betts has worked closely with the Cheer Squad too and so, thanks to Will for his support as well.
Just one thing Joff, if I may ~ factions are at play and continue to be an issue for us, yes for sure.
But to compare us with the ALP?
Isn't it the Libs that have turned on each other, aren't the factions alive & well in Blue ribbon territory :lol: :wink:
lesley, cheer squad committee member
See ya soon :!:
Side by side we Stick together