Round 1 v Port

The home of conversation about our Reserves team - the second best men's team in the world!

Moderator: bbmods

eddiesmith
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 16 times

Round 1 v Port

Post by eddiesmith »

I take it we won judging by the radio talking up our last qtr seeing as last score I heard was 6 down at 3qtr time
Magpie_5

Post by Magpie_5 »

Yes

Collingwood 2.2 6.6 8.11 12.15 (87)
Port Melbourne 3.2 7.3 10.5 11.8 (74)
willl

Post by willl »

Yeah we won, final scores were:

Collingwood: 12 15 87
Port Melbourne: 11 8 74
eddiesmith

Post by eddiesmith »

Thanks for that

Also heard Marty played well, bye bye Egan :D
Woods Of Ypres
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 4 times

Post by Woods Of Ypres »

well i heard that Marty wasnt that good
i heard JA played very well
Johnson#26

Post by Johnson#26 »

Marty was alright.

Toovey BOG off halfback, desperation was excellent.

Nicholls very good. 3 gls 3 pts.

Anthony was excellent, Stanley's taken another step as has Iles; Cook also impressed - all promising signs.

Carmody = Glenn Freeborn lookalike (from behind anyway) and playalike. Was also quite good.

Brodie was ok, Licca was good when on, Bryan's first quarter was excellent - got absolutely hammered charging back into Port's key forwards in a pack situation.

Reid was also very good in attack, hit the post twice from the boundary.
Proud Pies

Post by Proud Pies »

was absolutely fantastic to be at the VFL seeing Collingwood play. Disappointed that i didn't hear our song coming out of the speakers at the filth ground!

and not to mention the surprise in the Coaching staff........a certain MM must have either come back after the game last night, or jetting in early today!
Jacqui © Proud Pies 2003 and beyond
eddiesmith

Post by eddiesmith »

Thanks for the report J26

As for Mick, they are always back for a VFL game the day after an interstate match, often come straight from the airport
WKB

Post by WKB »

I personally would have put Jack Anthony BOG he was perfect in everything today. But take nothing away from Toovey as you couldn't split them by much.

Few people haven't mentioned Sharrod who was great today (offered no protection from the umpires but then I guess his name isn't Nahas or f*cking diving little turd as I like to call him)

Marty was very good today, turned it over a couple of times, but he wasn't alone some of the disposal was ordinary but he worked hard all day.

Dyas - I thought he showed a bit today, must admit it took me awhile to pinpoint it was him, still coming to grips with the new players, vfl players etc. But he doesn't take a backward step

Lonie - Still doesn't go in when he has to, but tried to run all day to recieve but couldn't help to notice that he played on too often without looking up and when he did recieve the pill he would stop and prop a lot (which to be fair had something to do with them dropping players back)

Bryan - I thought he was good all day, won't see too many better pick ups and long shot at goals than the first of the day from Bryan. He made contests all around the ground.

Brodie - Still seems slow to me, got caught a lot,

Cox - Is the greatest enigma in the game today, I would say overall he played very well, but there are times he really looks like he was just loping around not involved, then would bust a gut and run and 3 or 4 touches in a minute.

Ried - Led well but some of the delivery was woeful and he was down at his bootlaces. But he led up the ground and kept presenting.

Dawes - was manhandled a lot and got no help from the umpires but tooke some strong grabs and leads, thought a few times his second efforts were below par but really is just nitpicking.

casey-leigh - did some ok things, and to be honest still trying to pick him so didn't notice him to much.

For the VFL players, Licca was Licca, worked hard all day, ran his guts out, and kicked a goal on his right foot which is the highlight of the day.

Nichols was in the best 3 overall for me and the best of the VFL players, kicked goals, did some courageous things and wanted the pill.

Frosty looked a bit knackered at times. Carmody I thought had a solid game.

But again Toovey was incredible today, and John Anthony I honestly thought was close to perfect.

The lowlight, the fact that the shit umpiring we got at Williamstown has transferred on the Collingwood VFL team.

Port had 11 goals and 7 of them were directly from free kicks. Their first 6 goals all came from free kicks.

And i'd pay good money to see someone smack that Nahas in the head, and let him know what it's like to get hit and have to actually stay down, not like he did in that 2nd quarter, which to me is tantamount to diving.
Proud Pies

Post by Proud Pies »

couldn't work out some of the players.....the numbers listed in the book weren't the ones worn by many...didn't even see Kevin Dyas, but your right about Toovey and Sharrod.
Jacqui © Proud Pies 2003 and beyond
Mr. Chairman

Post by Mr. Chairman »

good to hear about danny nicholls!

didnt deserve to be cut imo.
He won't be going anywhere
I have it on good authority
It's a done deal
Fire Up

Post by Fire Up »

yea good win by the boys today. jack played well, tooves did as well, and a few others

pics by die4pies (shane) and me (might be up soon)

if i know how to put pics up on here
Dave The Man
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Dave The Man »

-magpies are 2 good- wrote:yea good win by the boys today. jack played well, tooves did as well, and a few others

pics by die4pies (shane) and me (might be up soon)

if i know how to put pics up on here
Put them on flickr and post the Link to them would be good enough
I am Da Man
MACDAICOS

Post by MACDAICOS »

The VFL Collingwood kit looks great........Got to get my hands on one :x
Last edited by MACDAICOS on Sat Mar 29, 2008 7:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
************ANTI SIG************
die4pies

Post by die4pies »

MACDAICOS wrote:the VFL Collingwood kit looks great........Got to get my hands on one :x
Me too. Crazy Johns front and back and the old 1990/Away black stripes on white.

So here she is guys....

Good win.

All the guys played OK for a first game, but special mention goes to Alan Toovey, Shannon Cox and Jack Anthony who obviously can see a door has opened and have taken the best possible steps to be the one through it first. Full credit for how they ran the game out against last years prelim finalists.

Go Pies!!!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"MAKE COLLINGWOOD GRATE AGAIN"