COLLINGWOOD VS WILLIAMSTOWN VFL

The home of conversation about our Reserves team - the second best men's team in the world!

Moderator: bbmods

jackcass

Post by jackcass »

favourites 2008 wrote:It was always going to happen when you take out Lonie, JA, Toovey and Reid our best four players from the previous week.
Finally some common sense! That's four very good players taken from the team. All would have been very handy.

Dawes impressed with his attack on the footy and he didn't get much from the umps given the number of times his arms were chopped in a marking contest, Clarke was impressive but still making errors, Cox does some very good things and then balances that with some very ordinary and he can be a little slow, Cook and Isles were consistent, Holland, Egan and Bryan need to do more to justify promotion. Dyas, Thoolan and Casey-Leigh showed some promising signs but are still a fair way from senior selection

All in all, I didn't see anybody performing to a level that demands a spot in the senior line-up.

Of the VFL listed players, Walsh was the stand out. Frost, Nicholls, Colbert and Carmody were all disappointing. Sadly Lica showed why he waqsn't retained on the senior list.

Cloke was impressive with his attack on the footy, particularly his contested marking but I still didn't see anything that would justify having hiom on our list ahead of any of the kids we currently have.

Rose clearly BOG!

Barring injuries, you would imagine that this team will improve over the winter. Add the four omissions, Rusling and McCarthy to the team and you'd imagine they will be very competitive.
cfc2009-10-11-12

Post by cfc2009-10-11-12 »

Was everyone watching the same game i was? Dawes didnt do anything special looked a bit slow actually... Cook, Clarke & Cox were our best... Stanley was just okay. Holland was disappointing. The VFL players were pathetic besides Walsh who was good.
Daicos, this is when he's at his best, the MAAASSSTTTTTEEERRR!!!
panga

Post by panga »

Can someone give a performance analysis for each Collingwood-listed player? :)
collingwood.. bowl them over
John Wren

Post by John Wren »

cfc2009-10-11-12 wrote:Was everyone watching the same game i was? Dawes didnt do anything special looked a bit slow actually... Cook, Clarke & Cox were our best... Stanley was just okay. Holland was disappointing. The VFL players were pathetic besides Walsh who was good.
i thought dawes was good early on. needs to hold his marks a bit better, one grab. the vfl players were pretty ordinary as you say. that can't be inexperience can it?? sloppy disposal and decision making.

i still notice clarke getting caught out on the odd occasion, nothing major but not as silky as we've seen.
Purveyor of sanctimonious twaddle.
Mr. Chairman

Post by Mr. Chairman »

same i agree with cfc comments on dawes,

his turning circle looks slow and his running style a bit agricultural.

two goals big deal, should be annihilating this level.
He won't be going anywhere
I have it on good authority
It's a done deal
RudeBoy
Been liked: 73 times

Post by RudeBoy »

I only saw the second half, but in terms of the VFL boys I was impressed with Shane Mcdonald who is the strongest player for his height I've ever seen. He took 2 strong marks in the forward pocket in the 3rd quarter and calmly slotted them through for goals each time. He's a beautiful kick.
tcnthat

Post by tcnthat »

I am afraid I was a little worse for wear for most of the afternoon to be able to give a solid analysis of the performances.

I seem to remember Stanley being prominent, along with Clarke and Egan as well. Bryan was pretty ordinary from memory.

The fresh sea air down at Morris St conspired with the cold cold VB cans to remove any real perspective I could offer.

On another note, good to see some Nicksters on Saturday, and who would have thought I have been talking footy (and cricket) with the collingwood turtle for 15 years or so!!! His HS blog will be worth a look as the year goes on - he knows his footy that fella.
Black. White. Forever.
die4pies

Post by die4pies »

Some pics from the action...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"MAKE COLLINGWOOD GRATE AGAIN"