MATCH REPORT VS WILLIAMSTOWN 5-4-2008

The home of conversation about our Reserves team - the second best men's team in the world!

Moderator: bbmods

Magpie_Dan

MATCH REPORT VS WILLIAMSTOWN 5-4-2008

Post by Magpie_Dan »

Wasnt a bad day heading down to Willi but the weather was typical Williamstown weather, really dark and gloomy and a bit of a chill to the air!

Got down there for the first bounce and pretty much from the get go Williamstown were in control. Collingwood kept on crawlin back and everytime the Pies would get back in it, Williamstown managed to kick away once again.

The scoreline of Williamstown 24-12-156 Def. Collingwood 14-10-94 was very disapointing in the end but with only the 2nd match of the home and away season there are some big improvers for the Pies. Shannon Cox with hes Adam Goodes like running out of defence, Ryan Cook with a fair bot of the footy, Stanley had a swag of the ball and also Isles, Daniel Nicholls and Chris Bryan all chopped in with possies all over the ground. Jason Cloke, an Ex- Magpie had a field day against us and was at every contest spoiling or marking over one of our boys EVERY TIME. How he cant get a crack at AFL again I do not know but he was clearly best on the ground and reminded me of when he used to play for the Pies. HE WAS LOVING EVERY MINUTE OF IT THOUGH, AS IM SURE DAVID CLOKE WAS TO!!!

Best for Collingwood: Isles, Nicholls, Bryan, Cook, Cox and Stanley.

Unfortunately the boys couldnt reel Willi in but im sure next week at home they will give it a good crack against the Northern Bullants. For anyone who is looking at heading down the game commences at 2pm and you will recieve free entry with your Collingwood membership, WHICH IS WHAT I LIKE LOL!

Next Match is Collingwood VS Northern Bullants @ MC Labour Park 2 PM on Saturdau 12th of April. ONCE AGAIN, ENTRY IS FREE WITH YOUR COLLINGWOOD MEMBERSHIP!!!
PAUL MEDHURST'S #1 FAN
NATHAN BUCKLEY- 280 Games 284 Goals
Bucks You Are THE KING

AT COLLINGWOOD, YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE
Dale61

Post by Dale61 »

MD, you might want to edit the score.

Williamstown actually kicked 25.12.162.
Whale
Oil
Beef
Hooked
die4pies

Post by die4pies »

Dan, its actually an away game for us. Collingwood membership gets you in for $5

Preston have relocated many of their games to OtPus Oval too.
"MAKE COLLINGWOOD GRATE AGAIN"
Magpie_Dan

Post by Magpie_Dan »

Dale61 wrote:MD, you might want to edit the score.

Williamstown actually kicked 25.12.162.
Well that might have been the FINAL SCORE Dale but it CERTAINLY wasnt the score that was up on the board when the siren went. I looked down at the scoreboard and it read Williamstown 24.12.156
die4pies wrote:Dan, its actually an away game for us. Collingwood membership gets you in for $5

Preston have relocated many of their games to OtPus Oval too.
I wasnt even aware of that. I just assumed that its our home ground so it would be free entry. Ill just tell them im a property steward for Collingwood. :) GOT ME IN LAST WEEK!!!
PAUL MEDHURST'S #1 FAN
NATHAN BUCKLEY- 280 Games 284 Goals
Bucks You Are THE KING

AT COLLINGWOOD, YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE