Northern Bullants vs. Collingwood - Team

The home of conversation about our Reserves team - the second best men's team in the world!

Moderator: bbmods

Woods Of Ypres
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 4 times

Post by Woods Of Ypres »

hey thanks for that WKB much appreciated
Kingswood

Post by Kingswood »

i got there at 3rd quarter time...listed to the huddle. good old browny tried to fire them up, holland was doing well too to try and get the boys fired up

but the last quarter wasnt pretty

impressed with jurrah..he does play from behind a lot but has a good set of hands

i was most keen on seeing Dawes play...I spotted Joffa at the ground and asked him how he was doing (dawes, not joffa lol) and yeh he had a stinker of a day...apparently played in defence a lot too?
on the outer

Post by on the outer »

Thanks WKB for the run down of the game Its good to see you dont forget to comment on the true VFL players who have to wait to see which AFL players get picked before them each week.
that's the thing I love about football :-)
Fire Up

Post by Fire Up »

the caf didnt play. also nor did iles and some other boys. saw them in the seats near the bench
girlpie

The Caf

Post by girlpie »

The Caf rolled his ankle..should be back sat
piegirl
jackcass

Post by jackcass »

-magpies are 2 good- wrote:the caf didnt play. also nor did iles and some other boys. saw them in the seats near the bench
With Rusling, Reid, Dick etc already missing, that's a lot of senior experience not actually on the park.
rand corp

Post by rand corp »

Few missing but I'm also a little concerned we have too many baketballers, athletes and Irishmen and not enough genuine football prospects developing on the list.
3rd degree

Post by 3rd degree »

I can't believe JA was dropped what does a kid have to do? Stanley is not even close to him!
" Ohhh Banksy and out comes the Note Book".

www.facebook/the hybernators
Johnson#26

Post by Johnson#26 »

Dale61

Post by Dale61 »

J26, when did Carmody lose the captaincy?

Also, what has the AFL / VFL player ratio been the last three weeks?
Whale
Oil
Beef
Hooked
Your Joking Me!!

Post by Your Joking Me!! »

A pretty average game of footy for mine. Here are a few thoughts on most of the senior listed guys.

-Wellingham showed glimpses but was in and out of it for most of the day. Probably the best of the senior Pies though.

-I thought Anthony tried his guts out but was beaten for much of the day.

-Dyas impressed given his background, but still a while away from AFL.

-Mcarthy showed enough to suggest he'll make the grade. Solid without being spectacular.

-Lonie was good when he had the footy in his hands but didn't work hard enough to get in, nor did he work hard enough going the other way.

-Holland was pretty quiet.

-Casey-Leigh played on the wing on a midget for a lot of the day but didn't have much of it.

-Thoolen provided a good contest and showed a little.

-Bryan was as frustrating as ever. Shows you a little bit then does something you'd expect from an under 14.

-Egan was OK without doing much. Still too lazy at times.

As an aside, Licca seems to be struggling a little. As bad a game I've seen him play at any level.
Head over the ball or head over to the pine
WKB

Post by WKB »

Your Joking Me!! wrote:A pretty average game of footy for mine. Here are a few thoughts on most of the senior listed guys.

No he wasn't, I know this is an opinion thing etc, but that is like the collingwood jumper, black and white, he was clearly on top of his opponent, in a game when the ball came down regularly and with ease into their forward line.
RudeBoy
Been liked: 73 times

Post by RudeBoy »

WKB wrote:
Your Joking Me!! wrote:A pretty average game of footy for mine. Here are a few thoughts on most of the senior listed guys.

No he wasn't, I know this is an opinion thing etc, but that is like the collingwood jumper, black and white, he was clearly on top of his opponent, in a game when the ball came down regularly and with ease into their forward line.
Tend to agree. I actually thought Jack did better the longer the game went. However, I'm not yet convinced that he's fast enough for the AFL level. Still, he's a determined bloke and gives his all, which can often more than compensate for other deficiencies. I guess I'd personally see Cox as being a better credentialed backman atm.
WKB

Post by WKB »

RudeBoy wrote:
Tend to agree. I actually thought Jack did better the longer the game went. However, I'm not yet convinced that he's fast enough for the AFL level. Still, he's a determined bloke and gives his all, which can often more than compensate for other deficiencies. I guess I'd personally see Cox as being a better credentialed backman atm.
Yeah i'm not so sure, deceptively fast is jack, and beyond that he's got a footy brain, knows when to hold on and wait up and went to get rid of quickly, from defence very rarely wastes a possession.

Whilst Cox is quick, I think he can look quicker as he's playing loose man and generally on his own when he gets possession. Needs to have games where he is forced to play one on one in defence and be more responsible, I'd like to see the coaching staff have him do this at times, just add more strings to already impressive bow. I see why they use coxy as they do as he is creative but there are games at AFL level when he has to just stand a man up back and (although i'm not comparing them in terms of natural ability) we saw what happened to jason Cloke when he was taken out of his comfort zone of being a loose man.