What did you find odd today?

Nick's current affairs & general discussion about anything that's not sport.
Voice your opinion on stories of interest to all at Nick's.

Moderator: bbmods

Kingswood

Post by Kingswood »

Magpie Girl wrote:Ok, so it wasn't today, it was on Sunday..... I was watching the Hawks game on telly with my Dad & Buddy Franklin just kicked a goal. My Dad is a Pies supporter but doesn't mind Buddy as he thinks he's a good player. He turned to me and says "He is the type of guy who I would let ring you three times a day... As long as he was playing for the Pies..." :shock: I just stared at him..... I don't think I've heard anything that weird in my life. I don't think I would WANT Franklin to call me at all!!!! Plus, we don't even know Franklin or anything like that....
Just a weird moment from my Daddy..... :? :P :D
lol thats funny.

i like how he limited it to three calls though - instead of just saying i'll let him call you.

good old dad thing to do haha.
Magpie Girl

Post by Magpie Girl »

Haha, I'm just waiting for the day I bring a boy home.... That'll be one interesting day....
Rather akward. My Dad will probably make an arse of himself & embarrass me.... :oops: but that's what Dad's are for I guess.... :P
"Everyone has their story and mine is unique, but I'm definitely trying to use that to help as many people as I can." - Heritier O'Brien ( 7/7/08 )
Harry, you're a champ!
stui magpie
Has liked: 71 times
Been liked: 73 times

Post by stui magpie »

We have other uses apart from being embarrassing, that's just a bonus :wink:

The first time you bring a boy home isn't too bad. the first time you ask if he can stay the night, is an interesting moment.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
John Wren

Post by John Wren »

Magpie Girl wrote:Ok, so it wasn't today, it was on Sunday..... I was watching the Hawks game on telly with my Dad & Buddy Franklin just kicked a goal. My Dad is a Pies supporter but doesn't mind Buddy as he thinks he's a good player. He turned to me and says "He is the type of guy who I would let ring you three times a day... As long as he was playing for the Pies..." :shock: I just stared at him..... I don't think I've heard anything that weird in my life. I don't think I would WANT Franklin to call me at all!!!! Plus, we don't even know Franklin or anything like that....
Just a weird moment from my Daddy..... :? :P :D
that's brigthened my day considerably. :)
Purveyor of sanctimonious twaddle.
Magpie Girl

Post by Magpie Girl »

stui magpie wrote:We have other uses apart from being embarrassing, that's just a bonus :wink:

The first time you bring a boy home isn't too bad. the first time you ask if he can stay the night, is an interesting moment.
I tried that with my mum once. Looking at buying a tent I go "I can have a sleep over & this side of the tent can be for the boys & this side for the girls...." :shock: her resones "& your father will be standing outside with a shot gun!!" :D (not that my father even has a gun lol, but if the timee came around, I'm sure he could fin one lol!!) :D :D :P
Yes, will be very interesting...... :P
"Everyone has their story and mine is unique, but I'm definitely trying to use that to help as many people as I can." - Heritier O'Brien ( 7/7/08 )
Harry, you're a champ!
sam.

Post by sam. »

stui magpie wrote:We have other uses apart from being embarrassing, that's just a bonus :wink:

oh gosh i can remember that day very very clearly.
so embarrassing! haha.
Sam
"I've had enough of having nothing, I won't take just anything. I got my mind set on something, all I want is everything. All I want is everything."
Miss_Lisey_Molloy

Post by Miss_Lisey_Molloy »

sam. wrote:

oh gosh i can remember that day very very clearly.
so embarrassing! haha.
Haha, I still have not reached that day!! My Dad would flip out!!

My dad is major strict.. Every weekend he says "Are you going out this weekend?"

I go out every weekend, so I just say "Yes, Dad.. You know that!" Then he will do his whole "Don't get into trouble. Don't drink. Don't affiliate with anybody on drugs.. Yada yada yada!"

It's so cute that he thinks I don't drink.. I'm just lucky that when I get in at 6am every Sunday morning, Mum opens the front door for me :D

Love always, Alyssa xoxo
*~Alyssa's Song Of The Moment~*
I See You - Luke Bryan

Jarrod Molloy's #1 Fan! Pies are Premiers in 2010!!
JacJacJacqui

Post by JacJacJacqui »

My parents would kick me out of home if I dared to ask!

Pirate skulls and bones
Sticks and stones and weed and bombs
Running when we hit 'em
Lethal poison through their system
stui magpie
Has liked: 71 times
Been liked: 73 times

Post by stui magpie »

Wow, interesting responses.

FWIW, my daughter is 16 and doesn't live with me any more. She's been dating the same guy for well over 12 months, some of you have met him at the Nicks game earlier this year. He's a little over 2 years older than her.

If they come over for the weekend, they share her room if she wants to. I'd rather be up front than have them sneaking around behind my back.

I like the kid, he's proved he's in for the long haul not just after getting his end wet and I trust my daughter. Before she turned 16, I told him if he did anything I'd break both his legs. Once she turned 16, I told her it was up to her. They didn't need my permission, he just needed hers.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
David
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 35 times

Post by David »

My girlfriend's mum has a similar arrangement Stui, incidentally my girlfriend is 16 too... speaking of which, it's our 9 month 'anniversary' tomorrow :D
"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
JacJacJacqui

Post by JacJacJacqui »

Aww congrats! I'm 24 and from a strict family so.. you know.. We find ways to get around these things (so totally agree with the 'sneaking around' thing, Stui)

Pirate skulls and bones
Sticks and stones and weed and bombs
Running when we hit 'em
Lethal poison through their system
Magpie Girl

Post by Magpie Girl »

There's this dude in my English class & everyone hates him. He is the biggest tool ever! 99% of the stuff that comes out of his mouth is pure sh*t & some of the most innappropriate & weird stuff in the world. Every time he speaks someone is bound to call out "Shut up Jordan!' or start argueing with what he's said.
However, yesterday he said the only good thing he ever has in his life... We were having a discussion about Australian sports & sporting stars. Everyone in the class except 4 like NRL, but Jordan goes (when the topic of badly behaved sports stars came up) "Barry hall has the brain capacity of a hemroid (sp?)" :D :lol: :D only good thing he's ever said!
Harry, you're a champ!
Kingswood

Post by Kingswood »

ah go easy on him

high school kids can be so mean :(
Piethagoras' Theorem
Been liked: 2 times

Post by Piethagoras' Theorem »

If I were a haemorrhoid, I'd be slightly offended
Formally frankiboy and FrankieGoesToCollingwood.
rambopriscilla

Post by rambopriscilla »

^^ If you were a haemorrhoid I wouldn't particularly like to see that head of yours poking out of my arse.
- "Number 42? I see you've got Darren Millane in the Heaven footy side"

- "No that's God. He just tries to play like Millane"