I am Da Man
Presti35
Has liked: 163 times
Been liked: 59 times

Post by Presti35 »

3. Pendlebury
2. Burns
1. Marty
DaVe86 wrote:Cant believe i am seeing Nick Maxwell's name in the votes. Great 3rd quarter...but when you kicked 8 goals on you, then you got absolutely smashed.
Totaly agree. I remember when people had a go at Presti the night he had 3 kicked on him! And by 'have a go', i mean blame. And the night when J Brown kicked 2 on him and he was 'smashed'.

But 8 goals fkn hell! And to get votes...

I guess people just see the game differently.
A Goal Saved Is 2 Goals Earned!
woftam

Post by woftam »

The Truth wrote:You can't give votes to a bloke who's direct opponent kicked 8 on him.

I don't care what anyone says.
Totally agree.
He got his ass handed to him.
What's the point in trying to paint a different picture?
He is lucky he didn't have 10+ kicked on him.

Having said that I'm probably biased because although I believe he tries hard, for me he is not AFL standard.
Sultan of spin

Post by Sultan of spin »

Why don't you people learn something about the game, the reason Franklin kicked 8 is because Malthouse refuses to paly a man in front of him (its already cost us 2 games with Fevola), every other team does it excpect Collingwood, the only way to stop him is to clog up his space or have a 3rd man up against him. But Malthouse decided to let him be isloated one out with the whole 50 to himself. Franklin would have kicked at least 10-12 against nealry any other opponent, Maxwell did a great job under the circumstances.

I say all this and I don't even like Maxwell.
woftam

Post by woftam »

Sultan of spin wrote:Why don't you people learn something about the game, the reason Franklin kicked 8 is because Malthouse refuses to paly a man in front of him (its already cost us 2 games with Fevola), every other team does it excpect Collingwood, the only way to stop him is to clog up his space or have a 3rd man up against him. But Malthouse decided to let him be isloated one out with the whole 50 to himself. Franklin would have kicked at least 10-12 against nealry any other opponent, Maxwell did a great job under the circumstances.

I say all this and I don't even like Maxwell.

Agree with you except about Maxwell. Every week our coach allows our forward space to be congested whilst allowing opposition gun forwards to compete one out inside their own forward 50. A backmans job however is to beat his man and Maxwell did not come close. If you'd said he tried hard I'd agree with you, but anyone who had 12 to 14 shots at goal by their direct opponent ( 8 of them goals ) did not do a great job or deserve votes under any circumstance. Granted Nick's opponent is a freakish player.
Alec. J. Hidell

Post by Alec. J. Hidell »

Presti#1Fan wrote:
I guess people just see the game differently.
Either that or don't see it at all.

How long did Maxwell play on Buddy?
I bet you don't know?
The one man in the world, who never believes he is mad, is the madman.
Cuthbert Collingwood

Post by Cuthbert Collingwood »

alright then, back to the votes:

3/ pendles
2/ h shaw
1/ burns
McRae for Governor-General!
Piethagoras' Theorem
Been liked: 2 times

Post by Piethagoras' Theorem »

I'm with Frank, I wonder how many of you actually watched the game? Buddy did not kick 8 on Maxy, 2 were on Harry who looked a lot more troubled by him. Would've kicked 4 on Harry in less than a qtr if it weren't for bad kicking. Anyway, back to the voting, sorry ru :)

3. Pendlebury
2. Didak
1. Maxwell
Formally frankiboy and FrankieGoesToCollingwood.