#31,#26 Ben Johnson

Player President threads here thanks.

Moderator: bbmods

HAL
Been liked: 3 times

Post by HAL »

That remark was either too complex or too simple for me. We were talking about [quotenulla]Ben. Are you free?
uuuuu..... The LoneSTAR

Post by uuuuu..... The LoneSTAR »

HAL please, you know i'm vulnerable on a Friday night!!
HAL
Been liked: 3 times

Post by HAL »

I don't know if I know he or she'm vulnerable on a Friday night . Where would I have heard about it?
Heater_39

Post by Heater_39 »

He is injured at the moment......
woftam

Post by woftam »

uuuuu..... The LoneSTAR wrote:HAL please, you know i'm vulnerable on a Friday night!!
I heard cheap and easy, but if you want to go with vulnerable then please be my guest. :wink:
Heater_39

Post by Heater_39 »

magpie greg wrote:The strong rumour is they will try to trade him in the off season.
The strong rumour is that you want him traded so you keep your ears open anywhere that suggests he could be traded and then it is a "strong rumour".
rocketronnie

Post by rocketronnie »

Very poor kick, poor decision maker, poor off field discipline. Should have gone when Taz did when we could have got something for him.
"Only the weak believe that what they do in battle is who they are as men" - Thomas Marshall - "Ironclad".
CarringbushCigar
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 7 times

Post by CarringbushCigar »

nulla wrote:Eddie said late this season that Ben is a valued player at Collingwood.
He is valued - valued at about pick 30-40 :roll:
Joel

Post by Joel »

I think he might be in a bit of trouble. Apparently he hasn't been playing because of fitness issues, and form. If a trade is there, he might be gone. I'd be sorry to see him go, but he just hasn't performed this year.
MACDAICOS

Post by MACDAICOS »

He won the Rose medal in Round 15 didn't he?
************ANTI SIG************
Alec. J. Hidell

Post by Alec. J. Hidell »

Going to offered around in trade week
The one man in the world, who never believes he is mad, is the madman.
tommo

Post by tommo »

Gosh some of you are so quick to just be willing to throw a bloke out. Don't forget what this guy has done for the football club, including things outside of what he was asked. He helped turn a number of guys careers around in terms of getting them to train harder, I think Dane Swan gives a lot of credit to Benny.

Sure Ben's form has been bad, sure he might be worth looking to trade, but just remember what he has done for the club and be grateful, and instead of just being willing to throw the guy out without a second though, say thanks first for what his done.
Black and White - Through and Through - Side by Side - Us against Them
MACDAICOS

Post by MACDAICOS »

tommo wrote:Gosh some of you are so quick to just be willing to throw a bloke out. Don't forget what this guy has done for the football club, including things outside of what he was asked. He helped turn a number of guys careers around in terms of getting them to train harder, I think Dane Swan gives a lot of credit to Benny.

Sure Ben's form has been bad, sure he might be worth looking to trade, but just remember what he has done for the club and be grateful, and instead of just being willing to throw the guy out without a second though, say thanks first for what his done.
Good post, they won't throw him out, he'll get a fresh start at Collingwood in 09 if he does not perform next year well yeah he could be on his bike.

Once again didn't h ewin the Rose medal in Round 15 didn't he
Last edited by MACDAICOS on Fri Sep 12, 2008 2:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
************ANTI SIG************
robevpau1

Post by robevpau1 »

Any Management Group with credibility will state that a player is required/valued if they are going to put them on the market as trade bait.

Johnno is only a 'required player' because the Woods want him to be part of a quality trade negotiation at season's end
Neil Appleby

Post by Neil Appleby »

OK so everyone seems to think Ben's a goner.
That means (according to the members of NBB)

Ben Johnson
Shaw
Iles
Egan
Toovey
Rusling
are all trade bait.

Any others on the list?

And could it be true that these guys would all be offered up?
Again, if we are to be big players in this year's draft, players of this calibre would need to be looked at.
After the epic draw comes the decisive knockout!
Collingwood rules the world again and Mick Malthouse fulfils his destiny with the twenty ten premiership and can you hear the people sing!