VFL Season 1

The home of conversation about our Reserves team - the second best men's team in the world!

Moderator: bbmods

Dave The Man
Been liked: 5 times

VFL Season 1

Post by Dave The Man »

Well with the Win/Loss Ratio was not that great, Started slowly but We got some good Couple of Wins - Espically beating Reigning Premiers down at Kadina Park.

Those the Idea of the 1st Season was Development of Players and I caught that a Success with Deubting Players coming in and Doing well in:
Dawes
Wellingham
McCarthy
Cook

So I think was Good Season but I would like the VFL Team to be a Finals team because if the AFL team is Going for a Flag then I would like the Reserves to be still playing for just in case.

Your Thoughts on the VFL Team 1st Season?
I am Da Man
favourites 2008

Post by favourites 2008 »

Take your point about Ressies playing now.. how is Johno/R Shaw ect going to push there way back. How can Rocca/Reid get some game time... pretty annoying really.
swoop42
Been liked: 3 times

Post by swoop42 »

It's a success in terms of being able to play young players in the positions the club wants to further there development and having them play to a game plan which allows them to step straight into the senior side and feel confident.

I feel that a rise up the ladder next season will have alot to do with the talent of the non Collingwood listed players we have available and the amount of injuries we receive, it's all about depth really.

Priority one though still remains having young players who come into the senior side, being able to make an impact straight away.
That has been a success over the last 2 years thanks mainly to Alan Richardson,Brad Scott and Gavin Brown in there role as development coaches. Derek Hine should also take a bow for getting the talent to the club in the first place. MM has obviously also played his part.
He's mad. He's bad. He's MaynHARD!