Welcome to Collingwood - Dayne Beams - Selection Number 29

All trade and draft talk here thanks..... this means you DTM!!!!

Moderator: bbmods

raymond35

Post by raymond35 »

Awesome!
I watched this guy play several games this year, and he effortlessly gathers posessions through the midfield.
Was the number 1 player on GCFC's list, although i still insist theres a guy at Broadbeach who is even better.
Should be great.
swoop42
Been liked: 3 times

Post by swoop42 »

His nickname will surely have to be "Jim".
He's mad. He's bad. He's MaynHARD!
jack_spain

Post by jack_spain »

think better wrote:WE now have Steele Beams

Get it ??? Steele Beams

Oh okay sorry 'bout that
No, but we like Dane/Dayne as a name. We have two now and one might be our captain.

But like most people I couldn't be happier with our first two picks. It shows that Hine and his team have seriously considered our greatest need - a gun midfield. Alright we might have to wait a year or two, but this is a great start. Assuming O'Bree retires after 2009, we will have these guys to build our engineroom around (in no particular order):
Pendlebury, McCarthy, Wellingham, Sidebottom, Beams. Throw in there Dale Thomas and Alan Didak, and we are looking much stronger in the middle. We may actually start winning some ball!
RudeBoy
Been liked: 73 times

Post by RudeBoy »

jack_spain wrote:

Get it ??? Steele Beams

Oh okay sorry 'bout that
No, but we like Dane/Dayne as a name. We have two now and one might be our captain.

But like most people I couldn't be happier with our first two picks. It shows that Hine and his team have seriously considered our greatest need - a gun midfield. Alright we might have to wait a year or two, but this is a great start. Assuming O'Bree retires after 2009, we will have these guys to build our engineroom around (in no particular order):
Pendlebury, McCarthy, Wellingham, Sidebottom, Beams. Throw in there Dale Thomas and Alan Didak, and we are looking much stronger in the middle. We may actually start winning some ball!
You can add Leon Davis, Brad Dick, Jaxon Barham and of course Swanny to that list too. Our future's looking good to me.
jack_spain

Post by jack_spain »

^ Absolutely! Stupid me talking about Dane but not listing Dane Swan in our midfield. He's there! So's Leon! And that will free Didak to play across the half forward line. Lots of options now. :D

The one question might be whether Barham will come in for Wellingham. It'll be a ding-dong battle (as Lou used to say) to see which of those guys can cement a place in the side. That's what we've been needing, real competition for places. Don't know about Brad Dick - he could be the real surprise packet or give us nothing (based on injuries). A lot like Rusling. There's suddenly a lot of upside for the team next year. This draft might just be a cracker to ignite our fortunes.
piedys
Has liked: 281 times
Been liked: 66 times

Post by piedys »

DaVe86 wrote:I am absolutely rapted. Couldnt be happier.

They were the 2 on my wish list as i said in another thread pre-draft.

My day is going to be a good one.
Dave, as i've PM'd yourself and a few posters, i'm as relieved as you are.
You cannot punch the smile off my dial right now!
I've been sitting on this news for months now, and keeping it under wraps.
I work with Dayne's mum Sharene, and his sister.
They have kept me informed of Hine's interest in Dayne throughout the 2nd half of this year. Not wanting to draw attentention to the lad, i was about to post any threads on him prior to the draft.
Mich@el wrote:Nickname "Beamer" according to team mates at Southport. Another Dane Swan in the making...right down to the tattoo ;)
So who's going to be the one who starts the thread:

Dane vs. Dayne: who has the better tattoos?

Anyway, standby for a piccy or two from Sharene's work-station this monday, as it is going to get a Magpie Makeover!

Dyso :wink:
M I L L A N E 4 2 forever
rocketronnie

Post by rocketronnie »

Sound a little like Greg Williams in his attributes also. Can't wait until Mick and Scott teach him about intensity and committment. He could be very good if he picks up on those lessons...
"Only the weak believe that what they do in battle is who they are as men" - Thomas Marshall - "Ironclad".
rocketronnie

Post by rocketronnie »

jack_spain wrote:

Get it ??? Steele Beams

Oh okay sorry 'bout that

Great! That means its the perfect time to sack the Board!
"Only the weak believe that what they do in battle is who they are as men" - Thomas Marshall - "Ironclad".
On the March
Been liked: 1 time

Post by On the March »

http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/g ... -29,00.htm

Sensational look ......and this guy is only 18.

pity he's so shy :wink:
kambarker

Post by kambarker »

SO not impressed with the Ink work but welcome Dayne and may you play as well as your Namesake Swannie!!
kam
DaVe86

Post by DaVe86 »

yer i don't love the tatts either but who cares...the kids going to be a gem.
There's more to life than footy.........just not much more.
medders#7

Post by medders#7 »

seems like a tough nut
he looks pretty tank for a young fella
Dave The Man
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Dave The Man »

I am Da Man
swoop42
Been liked: 3 times

Post by swoop42 »

Great to read how he hoped that he was drafted by Collingwood and how excited he is to be at our football club.
He's mad. He's bad. He's MaynHARD!
Northern Pie

Post by Northern Pie »

I guess that makes the selection for player sponsorship for the QLD Magpies pretty easy :)

Cheers