Baby Names

If you want to be able to chat about the really interesting stuff in footy without being hassled by the guys - do it here!

Moderators: Hanskies, foxychick

Miss_Lisey_Molloy

Baby Names

Post by Miss_Lisey_Molloy »

Just wondering what everyone's favourite baby names are? I know most girls have had theirs picked out for years before they have a baby haha! Working in a creche, so many names I once loved are now on the 'DO NOT NAME' list haha!!

I used to love:
Michelle
Tyler
Jarrod
Jackson
Tyson

But, certain children have ruined them for me! Michelle is too old fashioned for me now, and my friend named her baby, Tyson :) My names now aren't your usual names, and that's why I like them :D

I love:
Landon James (L.J for short :))
Austin
Cheyenne
Shylah (Not sure how I would spell it though!)

My dream is to marry someone who's last name is Carter, so my son could be Landon Carter just like his namesake: Shane West's character in 'A Walk to Remember'! I just loooooove him in that movie! :D

And no, I am not pregnant or intending on being so anytime soon hahaha!

Love always, Alyssa xoxo
*~Alyssa's Song Of The Moment~*
I See You - Luke Bryan

Jarrod Molloy's #1 Fan! Pies are Premiers in 2010!!
Fire Up

Post by Fire Up »

^^^ reckon david mite have a say in that (last line) :lol: :lol: :lol: :P
sam.

Post by sam. »

LOL.
hahaah. ahem.

i like the name isobelle.
and not isabelle, not isobelle. hhaha.
i've always loved the name dylan, too.
Sam
"I've had enough of having nothing, I won't take just anything. I got my mind set on something, all I want is everything. All I want is everything."
Kingswood

Post by Kingswood »

my favourite name for a girl is melanie, bianca, and annie. and maybe zoey
Kingswood

Post by Kingswood »

actually maybe not zoey

not sure how i feel about that name
Who'sOnO'Bree

Post by Who'sOnO'Bree »

I used to love the name Sheridan, but then I met called that who I couldn't stand - so there goes that idea.
After Monday and Tuesday, even the calendar says WTF.
John Wren

Post by John Wren »

ummm, all well and good to give a baby a name that seems to suit at the time but wait til they grow up. there are some great names for when you're a kid but as an adult they seem ridiculous and vice versa.

kevin, bruce and wayne would fit in the latter category.

when living in nz i came across alot of samoans who were named after where they were living when born or the month they were born in.
Purveyor of sanctimonious twaddle.
Nutmeg

Post by Nutmeg »

as a schoolteacher....there are plenty of names I would never go for....then again, given the area I teach, I'm not likely to give my kids any of these names anyway (think Hussam, Rouba, Zeynab etc.).

My parents are both teachers and they said they struggled to come up with names for me and my bro and sis - too many students had ruined too many names for them!

I've always like Irish names: Declan, Sean, Seamus, Liam

not interested in having daughters so don't care about girls' names lol

I hate the names of the 'Epponee-Rae' style - the bogan spellings etc.

Re: Samoan names - I've played rugby with a heap of em and some have the funniest names. Often the kids get named by number (i.e. the order in which they were born) e.g. Tasi (one) Lua (two) Tolu (three) etc. I had a mate who's name meant Ocean in Samoan and she was named that because at age 3 she wandered down to the water (often the children remain nameless for years). Another friend's first name is a combination of her grandma's name (Sopo) and the word for Palm Sunday as she was born on Palm Sunday (laupama). I know people with the following names: Destiny, Precious, Harmony, Angel (all girls) but the best is a guy I know who's in his mid twenties - his name is Miracle. A big strapping Samoan thug and his name is Miracle....GOLD
Collingwood es bueno para siempre
Ellos saben como jugar el juego....
John Wren

Post by John Wren »

yeah, you come across these big island fellas and it's hard not to laugh when you hear their name as they're introduced to you. though, due to the size difference, i remain tight-lipped and expressionless.
leonmagic

Post by leonmagic »

daughter will be bella, son will be jackson / thomas
David
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 56 times

Post by David »

I've thought of this before, and can only think of naming my kids after great directors (Ingmar, Jacques, Andrei, etc)... still, I don't think I would actually go through with it. Who'd want to be called Ingmar, anyway? :lol:

I think I prefer simplicity. For boys, there's nothing wrong with names like Andrew, Michael or Paul... a bit commonplace perhaps, but I'd rather that than give them some wanky name like Sky. :P as for girls, I'm really not sure, but once again, I think I'd aim for simplicity. My main concern actually is avoiding names that the kids would have to spell out for the rest of their lives, like, for example, my sisters Shana and Alithea.

I'd be more than happy to give my children middle names after my siblings, however. I reckon that'd be a nice gesture.
Fire Up wrote:^^^ reckon david mite have a say in that (last line) :lol: :lol: :lol: :P
lol, whatever Mike.
"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
John Wren

Post by John Wren »

^ i knew an ingmar once. he was malaysian.
JacJacJacqui

Post by JacJacJacqui »

Sons: Anthony, Michael, Blake, Alex, Jacob, Aaron, Joshua

Girls: Sophia, Olivia, Emily, Ava, Laela, Indiana

Pirate skulls and bones
Sticks and stones and weed and bombs
Running when we hit 'em
Lethal poison through their system
leonmagic

Post by leonmagic »

what about jacqui junior
JacJacJacqui

Post by JacJacJacqui »

Nah, I'm not down with naming kids after ones self. It's a bit.. I dunno..

Pirate skulls and bones
Sticks and stones and weed and bombs
Running when we hit 'em
Lethal poison through their system