VFL Report: Magpies outclass Tigers

The home of conversation about our Reserves team - the second best men's team in the world!

Moderator: bbmods

Dave The Man
Been liked: 5 times

VFL Report: Magpies outclass Tigers

Post by Dave The Man »

I am Da Man
gobbles21

Post by gobbles21 »

Bryan will possibly get the nod ahead of Cam this week then. I thought Woody looked ordinary against the tiges.
Dave The Man

Post by Dave The Man »

gobbles21 wrote:Bryan will possibly get the nod ahead of Cam this week then. I thought Woody looked ordinary against the tiges.
There is a Chance, Woody 1st 3 quarter where ordinary but he had a Good 4th Quater
I am Da Man
leonmagic

Post by leonmagic »

bryan is better than wood. always has been.
Dave The Man

Post by Dave The Man »

leonmagic wrote:bryan is better than wood. always has been.
BS and you know it if Bryan was better then Wood then why did we trade our 1st Round pick for Wood when he was already on the list :roll:
I am Da Man
optimax

Post by optimax »

Dave The Man wrote:
BS and you know it if Bryan was better then Wood then why did we trade our 1st Round pick for Wood when he was already on the list :roll:
At bryans best he is as equal to what wood has shown dave.

Around the ground aggression etc Bryan is up there. HOs not so much but he defeinetly provides as much as wood has shown when he is up and running.

With wood he should improve being younger and 8cm taller, he keeps playing lazy then well Bryan should play ahead of him
Get presti a goal please donate
Podpicken

Post by Podpicken »

Bryan certainly is better value than Wood at the moment. Expect Woody to change this as the season progresses this year.

Great stuff Dave, thanks for the info
Billy Picken, the great No. 25 in the sky!
Piethagoras' Theorem
Been liked: 2 times

Post by Piethagoras' Theorem »

Please excuse me while I wipe the drool from my mouth :)

Thanks Dave, this thread is why I love your work most of the time. Not that crap you brought up about Dawes! :x
Formally frankiboy and FrankieGoesToCollingwood.
leonmagic

Post by leonmagic »

Dave The Man wrote:
"BS"? you're claiming wood is a better choice than bryan? what has he done to suggest that?

and what does what we traded have to do with it? i guess mckee was even better than wood?

wood has age on his side, and he'll get better. but i'd feel far better going into a game with bryan instead of wood.
gobbles21

Post by gobbles21 »

Trading has nothing to do with it.

We traded for Chad Morrison and only drafted Scott Burns with a late pick
rocketronnie

Post by rocketronnie »

Wood long term should be persisted with ahead of Bryan. Bryan is too prone to being beaten in hit outs, brain fades, sloppy decision making and disposal and the 'Bozo Syndrome'. Wood displays none of those unfortunate traits and only needs to lift his intensity to be a top grade AFL player. Bryan will never be that, even at his best. The Bear is good for one or two cameos per year to sharpen Wood up perhaps but will never be a long term ruck solution.
"Only the weak believe that what they do in battle is who they are as men" - Thomas Marshall - "Ironclad".
DaVe86

Post by DaVe86 »

yer i would keep going with Wood in the pre-season. At least we know with Bryan we can bring him straight back in and he can have an influence. But Wood needs more time in the seniors to gain confidence and ruck against bigger bodies
There's more to life than footy.........just not much more.
rocketronnie

Post by rocketronnie »

DaVe86 wrote:yer i would keep going with Wood in the pre-season. At least we know with Bryan we can bring him straight back in and he can have an influence. But Wood needs more time in the seniors to gain confidence and ruck against bigger bodies
Wood should also be definitely given preference over Bryan in the Home and Away Series Dave. Its the only way he will develop into the player we all expect him to be.
"Only the weak believe that what they do in battle is who they are as men" - Thomas Marshall - "Ironclad".
swoop42
Been liked: 3 times

Re: VFL Report: Magpies outclass Tigers

Post by swoop42 »

He's mad. He's bad. He's MaynHARD!
jackcass

Post by jackcass »

rocketronnie wrote:Wood long term should be persisted with ahead of Bryan. Bryan is too prone to being beaten in hit outs, brain fades, sloppy decision making and disposal and the 'Bozo Syndrome'. Wood displays none of those unfortunate traits and only needs to lift his intensity to be a top grade AFL player. Bryan will never be that, even at his best. The Bear is good for one or two cameos per year to sharpen Wood up perhaps but will never be a long term ruck solution.
Agree!