Old medallion??

BUYER BEWARE - goods or services listed for sale or trade in this forum have not been and will not be vetted by the moderators or administration of this bulletin board and no guarantee can be made as to their authenticity or fairness.

Moderator: bbmods

Dragme
Been liked: 2 times

Old medallion??

Post by Dragme »

Hi all.

A friend of mine has found this old medal/coin/token. It belonged to their aunty who was a pies fan and died a few years ago.

They asked me If I knew what it was and unfortunately I don't have a clue. I guess by the magpies symbol it may date to the 70's but I am just guessing.
The date under the VFL symbol is not clear and appears scratched away.

Does anyone else have a clue on what its origins may be. I am guessing it may have been a collectors token given out with newspapers like the HS etc.

Thanks in advance.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Born, Live and Die a Magpie
luvdids

Post by luvdids »

What's the writing under the magpies symbol? Can make out the writing around VFL symbol, not the other..
Dragme

Post by Dragme »

Under the Magpies symbol it just says " COLLINGWOOD FOOTBALL CLUB "

The writting around the VFL symbol is "VICTORIAN FOOTBALL LEAGUE" on top and " 1___ PREMIERSHIP" on the bottom.
Magpie_Dan

Post by Magpie_Dan »

It would be from the late 80's because before that symbol we had the Magpie from 1976 till the mid to late 80's!
PAUL MEDHURST'S #1 FAN
NATHAN BUCKLEY- 280 Games 284 Goals
Bucks You Are THE KING

AT COLLINGWOOD, YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE
raymond35

Post by raymond35 »

It is from a set that you got from the Sun newspaper ( i think) aroundabout 1980.
Somewhere in my footy stuff i have the set. There are all 12 clubs and the coins fit into a cardboard folder.
Dragme

Post by Dragme »

Thanks guys.

The new owners are non Collingwood people and thought it may be an official club medallion.

They were disappointed to hear that it is a newspaper freeby. Oh well.
Cangaru

Post by Cangaru »

Dragme wrote:Thanks guys.

The new owners are non Collingwood people and thought it may be an official club medallion.

They were disappointed to hear that it is a newspaper freeby. Oh well.
Yes I have the same the collingwood cupboard set of the Pies lists all premiership before 1990 etc!!! Here's a pic I think this it? Looking at it its a different one but from same newspaper and era!!
Canga
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Hello everybody an Aussie livin in Mexico, just wanting to keep up to date with the footy club.