What did you find odd today?

Nick's current affairs & general discussion about anything that's not sport.
Voice your opinion on stories of interest to all at Nick's.

Moderator: bbmods

Piethagoras' Theorem
Been liked: 2 times

Post by Piethagoras' Theorem »

Had my car washed just down the road. For a Wash/Wax/Dry, on the board it says $14 for a sedan and $17 for 4WDs and vans. I have a ute and they charge me $17. Go figure :?
Formally frankiboy and FrankieGoesToCollingwood.
Kingswood

Post by Kingswood »

David wrote:The satirical facebook group I created a couple of days ago just passed 1000 members. :|

wtf?

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=84098276762
that is an awesome group i had no idea about.
im a part of your other one

..something about saving the world? :P
David
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 37 times

Post by David »

yeah, save the world. :lol: That's still my personal favourite.
"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
luvdids

Post by luvdids »

What I found odd was: Watching the countdown they had on MusicMAX all over the Easter weekend. Countdown was Top 1000 80s vs 90s songs. So can anyone tell me, why, at number 3 was a song from 1978?!?!?! Khe Sanh at number 3 from 1978 in a 80s vs 90s countdown :shock: :?

Maybe after 997 songs they forgot what they were meant to be playing.

That was odd.
luvdids

Post by luvdids »

Finding out I'm not as 'worldly' as I thought... At a work dinner last night I was told about a former employee who went on about being "donkey punched".... OMG & WTF?!?!

One of the other managers looked it up on his iphone in Wikipedia coz he couldn't bring himself to explain out loud what it is exactly.

Goodness, & WTF again!! :oops:
nomadjack

Post by nomadjack »

luvdids wrote:What I found odd was: Watching the countdown they had on MusicMAX all over the Easter weekend. Countdown was Top 1000 80s vs 90s songs. So can anyone tell me, why, at number 3 was a song from 1978?!?!?! Khe Sanh at number 3 from 1978 in a 80s vs 90s countdown :shock: :?

Maybe after 997 songs they forgot what they were meant to be playing.

That was odd.
According to Wiki the song was released twice. First time around in 1978 on Cold Chisel's debut album 'Cold Chisel'. Second time around in 1980 on the international version of 'East'. So technically I suppose it squeezes in. Although the squeezing might be more difficult following a donkey punch WTF :shock: ouch. :shock:
stui magpie
Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 74 times

Post by stui magpie »

luvdids wrote:Finding out I'm not as 'worldly' as I thought... At a work dinner last night I was told about a former employee who went on about being "donkey punched".... OMG & WTF?!?!

One of the other managers looked it up on his iphone in Wikipedia coz he couldn't bring himself to explain out loud what it is exactly.

Goodness, & WTF again!! :oops:
Ummmm Ditto :shock:
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
fan4collingwood

Post by fan4collingwood »

When driving off to work the other morning, I noticed a cat over in the park, well this cat turned out to be a rabbit, with nearly the same markings as my cat, black and white! What is odd is that we have 3 dogs in the back yard at the moment, (puppy sitting ) and our cat, but this rabbit has taken up residence in the carport.

We have a cat door for the cat to go in and out of the carport, so the rabbit is using it now, much to the cats amusement. The rabbit won't let us get too close to him/her, but will take apple and carrot off the plate we leave for him. It has to be someone's pet, but it keeps returning to our place. He isn't locked up, and still hops around the front yard eating the nice green grass.
EBB

Post by EBB »

The weather.

..and I too thought khe sanh was released twice. Who's the other guy who released a solo album, with a song called 'telegraph line'. His music haunted me for yr's. I'd rather listen to drowning cats.
understanding stuff, with endeavour to overstand..
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

^

You don't mean "telegraph road" by Dire Straits?
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
EBB

Post by EBB »

stui magpie wrote:^

You don't mean "telegraph road" by Dire Straits?
No. I'm talking about the other guy in cold chisel.
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

Ian Moss?

Song "telephone booth", written by another cold chisel member in Don Walker (who also wrote "Tuckers daughter" for him)?
EBB

Post by EBB »

stui magpie wrote:Ian Moss?

Song "telephone booth", written by another cold chisel member in Don Walker (who also wrote "Tuckers daughter" for him)?
Yeah that's him and that other song 'tuckers daughter'. Shit I'm not gonna sleep now without hearing the friggin loopy loop loop loop loop song over and over and ...
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

EBB wrote:
stui magpie wrote:Ian Moss?

Yeah that's him and that other song 'tuckers daughter'. Shit I'm not gonna sleep now without hearing the friggin loopy loop loop loop loop song over and over and ...
Here ya go, sleep tight mate.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FKEIQQs6qO8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=42_cIT6R ... re=related
sharrod_theiceman

Post by sharrod_theiceman »

Was on facebook and was looking at the suggested friends section and there was someone on there that i have never met, or heard of that has 25 mutual friends with me, weird.
"I spent a lot of my money on booze, birds and fast cars...the rest I just squandered." - George Best