What did you find odd today?

Nick's current affairs & general discussion about anything that's not sport.
Voice your opinion on stories of interest to all at Nick's.

Moderator: bbmods

Post by 5150 »

JacJacJacqui wrote:I'm not sure if 'odd' is the word for it but this new Dance Your Ass Off show. Why? Why? Why? I don't know what else to say.
JJJ, I would only watch this show if it was a competition to find out which dancer was a leper.

Although the show would only last one week, at least one of the dancers would have lost 50kgs of ass fat.
fan4collingwood

Post by fan4collingwood »

Faulty Phone Lines!

Picked up the home landline based phone on Monday night, and NO DIAL TONE!

Rang Telstra, and they sent someone out within 4 hours of my call, I thought that was pretty good response.

Anyway, we have been having trouble with the line off and on for 6 months. They came out a few months ago, and had to replace the lines from my home to the connection box 200 metres up the road. Today they had to do the same, and for the same reason.

White ants are in the connection box, 200 metres up the road( and they can stay that far away). The little buggers are pooing and weeing in there (do termites wee?) and that is breaking up the wires. This happened 6 months ago, and again now. I wonder if Telstra have done something to get rid of those little buggers?
luvdids

Post by luvdids »

lol, how would mother nature fit a bladder and a bowel in that tiny little body?!?!
That's funny, Telstra having faults because of white ant wee!! hahaha
JacJacJacqui

Post by JacJacJacqui »

I'm ashamed to say that I watched a bit. My housemate had it on when I got home from work. It's official - it's embarrassing to watch. And who is responsible for wardrobe on that show? Seriously, all that PVC! Imagine how much that would make you sweat and then add to that being overweight and dancing. That must have been why there was so much bare flesh as well.

Pirate skulls and bones
Sticks and stones and weed and bombs
Running when we hit 'em
Lethal poison through their system
leonmagic

Post by leonmagic »

luvdids wrote:
JacJacJacqui wrote:I'm not sure if 'odd' is the word for it but this new Dance Your Ass Off show. Why? Why? Why? I don't know what else to say.
Agreed. Seriously, if this show lasts more than 1 episode I don't understand anything. I can't believe Ch 9 would even put it on - who would look at it and then think "wow, what a great show, we'd better buy that, what a ratings smash this will be!!" :roll:

SURELY no one will watch it?! I would rather watch re-runs of Kingswood Country! (first lame show I could think of!! Don't know where that came from :?: :shock: )
no joke, i think i said the bolded bit word for word when i saw the add for it.
Black_White

Post by Black_White »

I think 9 are warehousing their best shows.
http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/ ... 22,00.html
tcnthat

Post by tcnthat »

luvdids wrote:
SURELY no one will watch it?! I would rather watch re-runs of Kingswood Country! (first lame show I could think of!! Don't know where that came from :?: :shock: )
Boo for bagging Kingswood Country.

Surely Ted Bullpit was the first Australian of the Year. If not he should have been.
Black. White. Forever.
stui magpie
Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 74 times

Post by stui magpie »

^

Yup, and for the time he was very focused on indigenous issues, just look at the care he put into Neville.

:lol: :wink:
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
stui magpie
Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 74 times

Post by stui magpie »

Not sure if it's actually Odd - but.........

i'm wondering where all these people are who bash people in the city. After the game last night Gav and I walked into the city and walked around for a while looking for a suitable spot to go for a drink. A couple of times, we bumped into other groups of blokes - each time we had a yak with them and they with us. All friendly.

Went to Young and Jacksons until stumps, they had a really good 80's cover band going. Again, absolutely no agro. Rather than getting any "what are you looking at?" from any one I looked at, I had a chat with quite a few people.

Is it really as bad as the media makes out or are there just a handful of peanuts giving everyone else a bad name?
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
David
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 37 times

Post by David »

Probably has a lot to do with where you go. Even in Canberra, you get the seedy nightspots (Shooters, Mooseheads) and the more laidback places (e.g. higher quality clubs, alternative/indie bars, pubs). But even then I reckon the violence is overblown by the media. I was walking around an absolutely packed King's Cross in Sydney for a couple of hours last Saturday night (with purple hair, no less), and don't even recall getting any dirty looks. It's a minority, I reckon, who go out hoping for a fight, and a minority within that minority who will actually get into fights without at least some sort of provocation.
"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
luvdids

Post by luvdids »

What I found odd was washing my hands with 'soap' that says on it it's 'soap free' :?

When you go to buy soap, why do you buy something that's soap free??
I've used it for ages, but it's just dawned on me that that's what it says.

What should it be called then? You can't call it soap, if it's soap free - can you? Hmmm. Odd.
Piethagoras' Theorem
Been liked: 2 times

Post by Piethagoras' Theorem »

You shouldn't be paying for it either :wink:
Formally frankiboy and FrankieGoesToCollingwood.
Buttsy-Bells

Post by Buttsy-Bells »

stui magpie wrote:^

Yup, and for the time he was very focused on indigenous issues, just look at the care he put into Neville.

:lol: :wink:
But I think he lost points for treatment of his "ethnic" son-in-law
ex : You love Collingwood more than you love me
b-b: I love Carlton more than I love you
David
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 37 times

Post by David »

luvdids wrote:What I found odd was washing my hands with 'soap' that says on it it's 'soap free' :?

When you go to buy soap, why do you buy something that's soap free??
I've used it for ages, but it's just dawned on me that that's what it says.
What it probably means is that it's a soap-like substance without the actual soap ingredients (for people like me with sensitive skin :P). I still use actual soap to wash my hands, but have other stuff for the shower.
"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
luvdids

Post by luvdids »

Cameron Ling being voted sexiest footballer in the fan survey thing. It's obviously crap, who would find Cameron Ling sexy.

Oh....

Sorry rambo :wink: