What did you find odd today?

Nick's current affairs & general discussion about anything that's not sport.
Voice your opinion on stories of interest to all at Nick's.

Moderator: bbmods

stui magpie
Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 74 times

Post by stui magpie »

^

Apparently 75% of the people who voted Cling as sexy were blokes. :shock:
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
fan4collingwood

Post by fan4collingwood »

stui magpie wrote:^

Apparently 75% of the people who voted Cling as sexy were blokes. :shock:
aND BLIND!
JacJacJacqui

Post by JacJacJacqui »

Of course, more blokes would fill out that survey than women and they have three choices when they come to that question - a small percentage will give a proper answer (either their own opinion or from a girl they asked), a large percentage would not answer, and another large percentage would take the piss.

Pirate skulls and bones
Sticks and stones and weed and bombs
Running when we hit 'em
Lethal poison through their system
Buttsy-Bells

Post by Buttsy-Bells »

Damian Peverell must be gutted !! Believe they both went down to the beach last summer and the tide refused to come in..
ex : You love Collingwood more than you love me
b-b: I love Carlton more than I love you
Buttsy-Bells

Post by Buttsy-Bells »

Heard an ad on AW's footy coverage this afternoon for Cricketers Arms lager. At the end of the ad they named several hotels where the lager was available. The Cricketers Arms wasn't one of them ?? :? :?:
rambopriscilla

Post by rambopriscilla »

What I found odd at the Pies/Carlton game was sitting next to someone decked out in black and white, posts on here and calls herself a Collingwood supporter shouting "Go Blues!" when the scum threatened to deliver the pill to their forward line from a centre clearance. Thankfully she corrected herself with "I mean... Go Pies!" straight afterwards but it was a bit of a shock to begin with.
- "Number 42? I see you've got Darren Millane in the Heaven footy side"

- "No that's God. He just tries to play like Millane"
Buttsy-Bells

Post by Buttsy-Bells »

Channel 10's version of 20 to 1 last night, The Spearman Experiment, the top 20 funny people in Australia. Saw about no.14 down to no.4 before nodding off. During this time of introducing each comic Magda Szubanski failed to smile once. Can't blame Kyle, this would have been recorded weeks ago. Only smiling on the Jenny Craig ads ??
JacJacJacqui

Post by JacJacJacqui »

Buttsy-Bells wrote:Channel 10's version of 20 to 1 last night, The Spearman Experiment, the top 20 funny people in Australia. Saw about no.14 down to no.4 before nodding off. During this time of introducing each comic Magda Szubanski failed to smile once. Can't blame Kyle, this would have been recorded weeks ago. Only smiling on the Jenny Craig ads ??
I didn't watch it. I thought what Kyle said was hilarious. She did well to deflect the attention from her lack of weight loss to the poor concentration camp victims. Good one. Truth hurts, I guess. My brother and I used to laugh when she would claim on the ad to have lost so much weight and that her weight loss journey was now over. Over? Are you kidding me? Keep going! You've got at least 8 dress sizes to go!
Last edited by JacJacJacqui on Wed Sep 09, 2009 3:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pirate skulls and bones
Running when we hit 'em
luvdids

Post by luvdids »

^^ ha ha to both posts above.

Is she funny really??

And yes, I was shocked to hear her say she'd reached her goal weight.... Why have a goal weight that's still fat?!?! :shock:
JacJacJacqui

Post by JacJacJacqui »

:lol:

She's about as funny as cancer. She's a comic who has built her humour on her weight - once she doesn't have that, she has nothing. That's why her goal weight is still fat.

Pirate skulls and bones
Running when we hit 'em
fan4collingwood

Post by fan4collingwood »

Is it true that Jenny Craig are paying Kyle for his comments? They have had the best advertising this week, with all news reports stating Magna and her Jenny Craig diet!
JacJacJacqui

Post by JacJacJacqui »

fan4collingwood wrote:Is it true that Jenny Craig are paying Kyle for his comments? They have had the best advertising this week, with all news reports stating Magna and her Jenny Craig diet!
You would hope not. It's all negative press about how inaffective her diet was!

Pirate skulls and bones
Running when we hit 'em
Kingswood

Post by Kingswood »

absolutely hate the guy but i found his comments funny.
David
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 37 times

Post by David »

FFS, I'm so sick of this whole Kyle Sandilands thing.

The man is paid to be a dumb, ignorant, politically incorrect stirrer. So, when he crosses the line that he is paid to constantly push, the tabloid media (together with their special friend John Brumby) gets to exploit the 'hand-wringer' demographic, the station lays down some token Good Public Image suspension (or even sacking, if the advertisers are getting restless), and Kyle's back on air in some capacity faster than you can say holocaust.

Here's how the Herald Sun and friends want you to read this situation: Kyle is a Bad Man; radio station is a little morally ambivalent but have responded appropriately; and the Herald Sun shares your righteous indignation.

The truth, of course, is slightly different: Kyle gets a little free publicity and a short holiday; radio station gets a little free publicity and more listeners upon Kyle's inevitable return; Herald Sun sells a few more newspapers; and you are the biggest sucker in the world for caring about this tripe.
"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
John Wren

Post by John Wren »

David wrote:FFS, I'm so sick of this whole Kyle Sandilands thing.

The man is paid to be a dumb, ignorant, politically incorrect stirrer. So, when he crosses the line that he is paid to constantly push, the tabloid media (together with their special friend John Brumby) gets to exploit the 'hand-wringer' demographic, the station lays down some token Good Public Image suspension (or even sacking, if the advertisers are getting restless), and Kyle's back on air in some capacity faster than you can say holocaust.

Here's how the Herald Sun and friends want you to read this situation: Kyle is a Bad Man; radio station is a little morally ambivalent but have responded appropriately; and the Herald Sun shares your righteous indignation.

The truth, of course, is slightly different: Kyle gets a little free publicity and a short holiday; radio station gets a little free publicity and more listeners upon Kyle's inevitable return; Herald Sun sells a few more newspapers; and you are the biggest sucker in the world for caring about this tripe.
oh i'm outraged. :twisted: :lol:
Purveyor of sanctimonious twaddle.