What's the last movie you watched?

Nick's current affairs & general discussion about anything that's not sport.
Voice your opinion on stories of interest to all at Nick's.

Moderator: bbmods

Kingswood

Post by Kingswood »

oh i went and saw the invention of lying today. interesting plot but with a lot of flaws that the film didn't even try to cover up. like, just because people dont know how to lie doesnt mean they dont know how to keep their mouths shut. characters in the movie just say the first things that come to their minds. except for ricky's character who just stands there taking abuse lol... why doesnt he say whats on his mind?

and when he first gets the idea to lie.. its so anti-climactic. they should have built it up since its supposed to be such a momentus achievement that noone else can even imagine what it is.

and the ending was just terrible, ugh.. typical hollywood trash.

ricky gervais is a funny man, and his writing does have its moment (there are still individual scenes and lines in his movies that are very funny), but overall as a movie writer, he is very very lazy.
David
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 35 times

Post by David »

Both of Gervais's Hollywood films have looked really average, from what I've seen. Considering that he's responsible for brilliant shows like The Office and Extras, I can only imagine that he's given little to no creative freedom by the studios. Kind of sad to see, really.
JacJacJacqui wrote:That makes two of us! I always laugh at the most inappropriate times. Like during tear-jerkers. I'm sure I've killed the mood a few times.. But sometimes it's funny! Like when Juliet first realised Romeo has killed himself because he thought she was dead and she started crying - I cracked up... I couldn't help it, it was funny!
That is possibly the most appalling thing you have ever written. Lol.
"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
JacJacJacqui

Post by JacJacJacqui »

Have you seen that bit though? It's hilarious. It's the way she cries in the movie, it's funny!! I must say there were at least two other people who cracked up too.

Pirate skulls and bones
Sticks and stones and weed and bombs
Running when we hit 'em
Lethal poison through their system
Piethagoras' Theorem
Been liked: 2 times

Post by Piethagoras' Theorem »

Harry Potter... I'm a bit of a fan. So shoot me :P

Poor Dumbledore :(
Formally frankiboy and FrankieGoesToCollingwood.
spoljar

Post by spoljar »

The Basketball Diaries.

Bloody brilliant.
Piethagoras' Theorem
Been liked: 2 times

Post by Piethagoras' Theorem »

^ classic
Formally frankiboy and FrankieGoesToCollingwood.
David
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 35 times

Post by David »

JacJacJacqui wrote:Have you seen that bit though? It's hilarious. It's the way she cries in the movie, it's funny!! I must say there were at least two other people who cracked up too.
Haha, I'm way too soppy. The 1968 version of the film still makes me teary!
"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
OEP

Post by OEP »

The classic tear jerker "ET". I mean when that finger glowing little [snip] died :( I'm getting teary now just thinking about it :cry:
A Collingwood supporter since the egg was inseminated.
Macedonian Marvel #35

Post by Macedonian Marvel #35 »

has anyone see the recent movie named the box?

meant to be scary kinda movie but just weird and creepy?
stui magpie
Has liked: 71 times
Been liked: 73 times

Post by stui magpie »

frankiboy wrote:Harry Potter... I'm a bit of a fan. So shoot me :P

Poor Dumbledore :(
The movies are pretty good, but the books are better.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.

Post by 5150 »

Teen Wolf - cant wait for the sequel.
rambopriscilla

Post by rambopriscilla »

The last movie I saw was Paranormal Activity, on Halloween night. I really enjoyed it. It's funny how a movie set in one house, with two people in it (well there's another bloke briefly) can maintain your interest throughout but this movie certainly achieves it. Excellent movie. And if you're sharp you can catch the sheila in it pouring herself a glass of Australian [yellowtail] shiraz in one of the opening scenes.
- "Number 42? I see you've got Darren Millane in the Heaven footy side"

- "No that's God. He just tries to play like Millane"
mandy

Post by mandy »

OEP wrote:Another movie I watched recently, that's a bit more mainstream, was "Tombstone" with Val Kilmer, Kurt Russell, Sam Elliott, Bill Paxton, Powers Booth, Michael Beihn, and the list goes on.
That's my all time favourite movie!

At the cinema I saw "New Moon" last Thursday night. Wasn't as good as "Twilight" I thought, but as that book was my least favourite in the series it was to be expected.

The last DVD I watched was "The Exorcism of Emily Rose". Not as creepy as I expected but an interesting movie. Had me googling the real story 2 minutes after it was finished!

I've been taking advantage of the free Foxtel movies before they're cut off and since last week have watched some old favourites including;

16 Candles
An Interview with a Vampire
The Bridges of Madison County
Zoolander
Patch Adams
Braveheart
Terms of Endearment
JFK
Big Trouble in Little China
10 Things I Hate About You
Mary Poppins

Yep, I'm gonna miss those channels when they take them away. But not enough to pay extra to keep them!
#TEAMBUCKS
#TEAMEDDIE
#TEAMCOLLINGWOOD
#SIDEBYSIDE
HAL
Been liked: 3 times

Post by HAL »

Are you a student?
OEP

Post by OEP »

mandy wrote:
OEP wrote:Another movie I watched recently, that's a bit more mainstream, was "Tombstone" with Val Kilmer, Kurt Russell, Sam Elliott, Bill Paxton, Powers Booth, Michael Beihn, and the list goes on.
That's my all time favourite movie!

At the cinema I saw "New Moon" last Thursday night. Wasn't as good as "Twilight" I thought, but as that book was my least favourite in the series it was to be expected.

The last DVD I watched was "The Exorcism of Emily Rose". Not as creepy as I expected but an interesting movie. Had me googling the real story 2 minutes after it was finished!

I've been taking advantage of the free Foxtel movies before they're cut off and since last week have watched some old favourites including;

16 Candles
An Interview with a Vampire
The Bridges of Madison County
Zoolander
Patch Adams
Braveheart
Terms of Endearment
JFK
Big Trouble in Little China

10 Things I Hate About You
Mary Poppins

Yep, I'm gonna miss those channels when they take them away. But not enough to pay extra to keep them!
Great movies.
A Collingwood supporter since the egg was inseminated.