What happened to kent??

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

Brad

What happened to kent??

Post by Brad »

Whatever happened to Kent Butcher, he was a flashy forward pocket player. DOES anyone now.
Damien
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 11 times

Post by Damien »

Went to Sydney, after we got him from Geelong. He never played a senior game for the Swans for memory. He was good for a season but couldn't sustain it, I think he lacked discipline off the field.
Newelly
Has liked: 42 times
Been liked: 7 times

Post by Newelly »

he then came over to W.A. where he played a few seasons with East Perth in WAFL.
Lozza

Post by Lozza »

Who cares anyway???
foxy

Post by foxy »

chad was a bloody champ! he was tough, and he took the best mark against richmond last year, in that brilliant game i always talk about.
Damien
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 11 times

Post by Damien »

Chad was a trier, but unfortunately couldn't get enough ball. If he was so good where is he now?
Mich@el

Post by Mich@el »

I believe Kent Butcher did have 'discipline' problems, including marijuana usage. I was actually a big fan of Chad "Chuck" Liddell, I still remember that weird round robin thing at Waverley, with the blues and the dons(Which we won on aggregate by the way). At the time I was thinking he would be the next Daicos. Oh well so much for that little fantasy.
foxy

Post by foxy »

yeah i thought pitt was a pretty good player. apparently he was a part-time policeman and he moved to WA (or maybe SA) to take up the job full-time.
Newelly
Has liked: 42 times
Been liked: 7 times

Post by Newelly »

Foxy thats a generous assessment on Pitts abilities. Pitt was an average player at best, even during our mediocre seasons he couldn't tie down a regular place in the side.
ZED

Post by ZED »

PITT was delisted at the end of 97. He is a policeman in South Australia. The Bulldogs picked him up in the draft but he returned to South Australia and never pulled on a jumper. He did wear the now famous No 16 if my memory serves me correct.
foxy

Post by foxy »

i just remember him playing a really good game against north when we beat them after we'd lost 8 in a row. that was one of the best matches i've ever seen. he wore the no.16? in that case i'm glad he left. after wasley retires that number should be locked away.
paul

Post by paul »

Wasley's jumper isn't the only thing that should be looked away.