What happened to kent??

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

foxy

Post by foxy »

we don't want to trade orchard! he's too good to be traded. and i don't know why everyone automatically thinks godden is crap. the guy was a regular for the last 2 seasons until he played one bad half on beaumont, who was twice his size anyway. let's not forget the fact that luke claimed the scalps of ronnie burns and jeff farmer this year. plus he does link well out of the backline.
Neil Appleby

Post by Neil Appleby »

Foxy, Godden can't kick.
Have a look at any tapes you foolishly kept from this year.......whoops, of course you kept all the Wasley bits...all 4 highlights!
But although I agree that Godden was a regular for the past 2 seasons he really is just making it at AFL level: can't kick, not athletic, is loose, not skilled on both sides of the body; we'll keep him though and I think we should. He tackles well and adds some grunt in what must be one of the 'whimpiest' back halves CFC has ever produced.
Shown to the door??
Crow, Wild, Patterson, Rasso, McDonald, Smith
foxy

Post by foxy »

i wouldn't say it's a whimpy back half with burnsy back there. and it's not as if godden needs to be a brilliant kick for the role he plays. basically when he kicks the ball he kicks it short to a target, and he's good at that. plus he led us in shepherds this year.