#30,#3 Brent Macaffer

Player President threads here thanks.

Moderator: bbmods

Dave The Man
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Dave The Man »

joffa corfe wrote:Dont get me started on wellingham..All this kid has to do is Believe in himself..He is another John Greening!

Settle Down Joffa, Let the boy play 1st
I am Da Man
Johnson#26

Post by Johnson#26 »

Wellingham was awarded the number 21, so on that evidence, he's in the box seat.
Kingswood

Post by Kingswood »

lol
woftam

Post by woftam »

I'm on the bandwagon too.
Love the way he attacks the footy. Really versatile too which will be so important for us.
Albow

Brent Macaffer

Post by Albow »

Macaffer played full forward for Gippy power and did well in that same position in the VFL, why isn't he given a crack at the FF position in our senior team? He seems to have bulked up significantly over the last couple of seasons.
In life there is only BLACK and WHITE, there is never any grey..........and especially not BLUE
AN_Inkling

Post by AN_Inkling »

Um, might be an idea to play him at FF in the VFL first.

How come everyone's all of a sudden looking for creative, new, tall forward options?
Well done boys!
Albow

Post by Albow »

Im pretty sure he has played a whole VFL season at full forward possibly when we were still affiliated with Williamstown.

The reason people are suggesting other options is that it doesnt look as though our tall forwards are performing just yet. Jack Anthony needed to bulk up more in the off season if he was to hold down a key forward post, but he actually looks a little lighter. I think Jack is going to great provided he gets that extra muscle.

Dawes is another option, but will need senior games under his belt before we will see anymore development. Very hard for a key forward to prove himself in the VFL in my opinion, delivery not great, often poorer ground conditions.

Using Fraser leading out of the goal square could work for us as well.

Clokey will be given plenty of games to find form and rightly so but he will not avoid the axe if that form is not found. I don't believe he is or should be a certain selection with the the talls we have coming through.
In life there is only BLACK and WHITE, there is never any grey..........and especially not BLUE
blacknwhiteatheart

Post by blacknwhiteatheart »

Brent... haha wet out with him last saturday night...... off his chops!
DaVe86

Post by DaVe86 »

I reckon Brent is actually a half back flanker. This is where he has played his best footy at VFL as well. Good swing option up forward.
There's more to life than footy.........just not much more.
1eyedpie
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 1 time

Post by 1eyedpie »

DaVe86 wrote:I reckon Brent is actually a half back flanker. This is where he has played his best footy at VFL as well. Good swing option up forward.
Could be a replacement for BJ. Does he have a penetrating kick to get over the zone like BJ?
Never disperse your focus unless absolutely necessary. Face one adversary at a time!

BARRACK HARD!
AN_Inkling

Post by AN_Inkling »

Is a good long kick. Doesn't yet have BJ's ball winning ability or his pace. Didn't have much of an impact in the pre-season games, but did like some of his work in-close.

Much more important than looking for replacement talls: we need to solve our problems in the clearances and contested ball. The return of O'Bree and better form from Jolly will definitely help. But, we also need to look for some stronger bodied players who can come in and have an impact - the three in line would be: J-Mac, B-Mac and Buckley.
Well done boys!
sharrod_theiceman

Post by sharrod_theiceman »

blacknwhiteatheart wrote:Brent... haha wet out with him last saturday night...... off his chops!
Another quality night at splash no doubt
"I spent a lot of my money on booze, birds and fast cars...the rest I just squandered." - George Best
Macgyver

Post by Macgyver »

silver bullets = goals. Thats what i hear sharrod
kickit2me

Post by kickit2me »

DaVe86 wrote:I reckon Brent is actually a half back flanker. This is where he has played his best footy at VFL as well.
He bagged 7 one day in '08 playing for Willy, 45 for the year, 3rd in the league for goal-kicking that year I believe.

Why is it that two of our better medium-sized forward prospects in recent years (The Caff & Rusling) are now considered half-back-flankers?

Collingwood has now got half-back-flankers coming out of its ears.

Shaw
Harry
Rusling
BJ
Caff
Goldsack
Toovey
Daisy was tried there
Rounds and Blight play there in the magoos as well if I'm not mistaken.

FFS!!!
"And that effort by Ezard was pathetic" - Don Scott.
1eyedpie
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 1 time

Post by 1eyedpie »

kickit2me wrote:
DaVe86 wrote:I reckon Brent is actually a half back flanker. This is where he has played his best footy at VFL as well.
He bagged 7 one day in '08 playing for Willy, 45 for the year, 3rd in the league for goal-kicking that year I believe.

Why is it that two of our better medium-sized forward prospects in recent years (The Caff & Rusling) are now considered half-back-flankers?

Collingwood has now got half-back-flankers coming out of its ears.

Shaw
Harry
Rusling
BJ
Caff
Goldsack
Toovey
Daisy was tried there
Rounds and Blight play there in the magoos as well if I'm not mistaken.

FFS!!!

I vaguely remember a game we went into last year with half a team of half back flankers lol
Never disperse your focus unless absolutely necessary. Face one adversary at a time!

BARRACK HARD!