29th May 2009!

For all the Queensland Magpies.

Moderators: rez_83, Northern Pie

Northern Pie

29th May 2009!

Post by Northern Pie »

fcain71

Post by fcain71 »

Shouldn't this be 29th May 2010? Can't wait.

Also any chance of getting on the email list? Email is fcain71@hotmail.com
hoggy

Post by hoggy »

Any word on the guest speaker?
Barge
MG77B

Post by MG77B »

I've booked a week in the brissy area, interested in 4 seats with you guys and function tics, email if you have further info, craig.fairbairn@yahoo.com
Join the Sydney Collingwood Supporters Club soon to be the most supported club in Sydney
fcain71

Post by fcain71 »

Craig keep an eye out on here, from my experience questionable weather you'll get an email.

Was just trying to remember your name but doesn't ring a bell. Me and my wife are members of SCSC, used to live in Hunter Valley, now in Brisbane, maybe we'll recognise you at the function.
Northern Pie

Post by Northern Pie »

Sorry for your experience fcain71 - hopefully that will be alleviated with our new web presence and mailing lists....see the topic on new web presences...The issue in the past has been large emails being sent out being rejected by email servers as spam...by joining the Google group you should be getting every update, every email, every time...

I will lift my game in 2010

Cheers
Northern Pie

Post by Northern Pie »

hoggy wrote:Any word on the guest speaker?
Negotiations are well under way Hoggy....As always it will be a Magpie Legend!!!

Patterson Perhaps? (lol)

Barry Mitchell?

Cheers
fcain71

Post by fcain71 »

Thanks mate much appreciated.
Lutts

Post by Lutts »

Coming up for the game this year.
Will be going to the VFL game at Carrara before the big game at the GABBA.

Question: Will the supporters club be running a bus between the two? I'm not sure yet how to make my way up to Brisbane (I can get to Carrara OK).

Also I'll be looking at going to the function at the Pineapple.
(already booked a room over the road at the Southern Cross)
cmfc_82

Post by cmfc_82 »

VFL match is at Southport.
"There's no team we'd rather see winning, and there's no team that likes winning more. When its all said and done, and the Premiership's won, its Collingwood, forever more..."
Lutts

Post by Lutts »

Thanks cmfc_82 for that.
So the Collingwood VFL team is playing Gold Coast at Southport, but my question still remains. Will the supporters group be arranging a bus from the VFL game back to Brisbane?
fcain71

Post by fcain71 »

Lutts the function starts at 4.30, I'm asuming the VFL game will start at 2ish and finish 5ish which would mean by the time you get to Kangaroo Point it would nearly be time for the main game to start.

I checked the VFL fixture and was disappointed to find that the games were the same day as it means you can attend the function or the VFL game only and not both, would have been better if the VFL game was on Sunday.

Not that the AFL would worry about things like supporters groups.
Cangaru

Post by Cangaru »

Lutts wrote:Coming up for the game this year.
Will be going to the VFL game at Carrara before the big game at the GABBA.

Question: Will the supporters club be running a bus between the two? I'm not sure yet how to make my way up to Brisbane (I can get to Carrara OK).

Also I'll be looking at going to the function at the Pineapple.
(already booked a room over the road at the Southern Cross)
I'll I'm in Brissy from Wed 26th till following Tue so want to know as for function not the $200 one but the down to earth supporter and would like to see the VFL at southport then the AFL what is the go here any transport or just get there oneself which is a bit hard and unfair I reckon.. Train is about $25 one way I think hmm!!! From Brissy!
Hello everybody an Aussie livin in Mexico, just wanting to keep up to date with the footy club.
fcain71

Post by fcain71 »

Cangaru, see my comment above regarding going to VFL game and the function, not really possible.

A zone 1-12 daily (what you need to get from Brisbane to Southport and return) costs $21.60, or if you were starting from Southport would only be $10.80.

For public transport info go to http://www.translink.com.au/

I don't think supporters group would be running a bus due to the VFL game conflicting with the function.

Also if you already have a game ticket it would cover some or all of the public transport info on that is also available at above website on the events link.