who to trade and keep

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

foxy

Post by foxy »

i'm thinking wasley in the best 22, i'm thinking this is good, this is good.
Fletch

Post by Fletch »

I honnestly don't like Mal Michael in the forward line his tremendous defensive awareness would be wasted if he plays on smaller forwards he would completely shut them down, also I would'nt put Prestigiacomo at FB because

-his soft
-easily beaten
-lacks speed
-stupid looking and unreliable kick.

Furthermore his a disgrace to the 35 guernsey, Richo would be handy on the bench in the Reserves.

[This message has been edited by Fletch (edited 29 September 1999).]
foxy

Post by foxy »

presti easily beaten? were you watching the games against hawthorn, richmond, the bulldogs and the kangaroos this year? or the second half of the game against carlton? holland, richardson, grant, carey have little influence in those first 4 games respectively, and beaumont was completely shut down after his 'amazing' 8 goal effort against godden, a guy half his size, in the first half. now, who was the opponent of all these 'big name' players? mr. presti himself. and if you reckon he lacks speed, take a look at the game against essendon; presti easily kept up with lloyd on the lead. you have to take these kind of things into account before you can say he looks stupid. and mal is wasted in the back line. but for a few nice spoils he was never brilliant as a defender; he has easily played his best footy at HFF. he and tarrant make a potent combination across half-forward.
^*Cl|T*^

Post by ^*Cl|T*^ »

Lets just all agree that Mals in our best 18 whether it up forward or down back. Of course it all depends on which team we are playn or which players are cuttin us up in the game.
Pugsville

Post by Pugsville »

Presti - is much under rated. He is not pretty but has been very effective this year. Has put his hand up and taken the next step. He has shut down and beaten soome good players (chris grant, richardson, that bloody hawthorn CHF whose name escapes me you knwo the one) His decsion making process is much improved on last year ( we could see the cogs wirring and it took a long time ) but still needs to improve his dispoal both in choice and skill. But he has come a way this season, he needs to conitue to improve but is our best tall defnder right now. Schubale had a bad year, A Rocca was good down back but finished up front, Mark Richardson defnsive form has dropped on, Cameron veanables unabl eto make much of limted chnaces, Michael Gardiner is yet to show much but in one of the games showed his speed and agility.

Mal Michael - his freakish agility makes him an asset anywhere. He was a good backman, if a liitle small against many opponets. Mal and Rowdy have been apble to lock the ball in the forward line and provide harder contests up forward than has happened before. Mal could be used in a large number positions and has good running stamina reasonble speed and quickness with disposal. Defnitely in our best 18 forward or back and is improving.

pugs.