5th Test

For all sporting topics - news, discussion, score updates etc. - other than Aussie Rules and Premier League Soccer.

Moderators: pies4ever, bbmods

Kristin5

5th Test

Post by Kristin5 »

Well, after a good start by the Aussies, it seems that England may be in a groove - 2 English batsmen have just passed 50 and thats unheard of!

(This is coming from one who has not seen a ball bowled yet - I am only getting score updates from the baggy green site).

Is anyone actually going to this one at all? If I was in Sydney, I definitely would be there, to see what could be Stevie's last test match for Australia. Image

"I'm sure people see me as a screaming redhead with a big pair of boobs, but I like to think I've got things to say." Geri Halliwell, former member of the Spice Girls
MrsTarrant

Post by MrsTarrant »

England are just lucky that the Aussies dropped 3 catches otherwise they wouldn't be doing so well! It would be nice to be there but the first 3 days has been booked out already!
Kristin5

Post by Kristin5 »

Who has been dropping the catches? And were they easy chances?

"I'm sure people see me as a screaming redhead with a big pair of boobs, but I like to think I've got things to say." Geri Halliwell, former member of the Spice Girls
MrsTarrant

Post by MrsTarrant »

From what I saw MacGill dropped an easy catch off his own bolwing, Gilchrist dropped an easy one and Martyn dropped a not so easy one. That's what I saw there was possibly more but hey these things happen! Butcher is lucky to have scored his hundred and it's about time too he has done nothing all series he should have been out a few times today!
WhyPhilWhy?
Has liked: 23 times
Been liked: 23 times

Post by WhyPhilWhy? »

If you want a slightly more entertaining site, try the live commentary from the www.theage.com.au

It ususally comes up just after 11am and features a semi-live forum that anyone can post to. It is alternatively Kerry O'Keefe funny and port adelaide fan appaling.

It also sits in a small browser window that maintains an up-to-date score on your task bar.

"I am disrespectful to scum! Can you see I am serious!"
Kristin5

Post by Kristin5 »

Cool, thanks! I'll be sure to try it out (hopefully it doesn't make my pc run too slow though - that's what the live commentary on baggy green used to do, which makes it difficult to do any work at the same time! Yeah, I actually do work occasionally...)