#22 Steele Sidebottom

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

Ronnie McKeowns boots

Post by Ronnie McKeowns boots »

piedys wrote:
Boot wrote:DeGoey was ok last night, especially when you take into account Sydney tagged him with their best player Parker.
Parker one of the few players in AFL who have the aerobic capacity in their tank to go with JDG, and physically restrain him from taking clean possession.
I thought he got to the contests okay last night, just couldn't break away cleanly with ball in hand, thanks mainly to Parker?
That was certainly my impression Piesdys
"You hate a mean man, a grasping man, a man who wants everything and gives nothing. That’s Collingwood. They are a law unto themselves"

Jack 'Captain Blood' Dyer
stui magpie
Has liked: 71 times
Been liked: 73 times

Post by stui magpie »

^

Agreed. Jody tried hard all night but the Swans put the planning in to curtail him. You don't make 8 tackles in a game when you're not trying.

Back to Sidey, he's been very good this season. No coincidence that after a few years of being made to fill holes where he's not suited, but did the team thing, he's back where he belongs and back to his best. Whether he plays on beyond next season is anyones guess but it would be great to see him get to 300.

The other player who's not that quick but seems to have a good tank is Ginni. Obviously watching on TV your field of vision is limited but the number of times he would be part of the play in our forward pocket then a few seconds later he's involved in the back pocket was quite amazing.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
Ronnie McKeowns boots

Post by Ronnie McKeowns boots »

Geez I totally forgot about that screamer he almost took, got hands to it and probs should have brought it down, life in the old legs yet!
"You hate a mean man, a grasping man, a man who wants everything and gives nothing. That’s Collingwood. They are a law unto themselves"

Jack 'Captain Blood' Dyer
watt price tully

Post by watt price tully »

Mihocek gives his all but NQR for a few weeks now. Not sure what it is but shoulders a big physical burden each week and hasn’t put it on the scoreboard as much as you would want / expect from a major forward.
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
Presti35
Has liked: 163 times
Been liked: 59 times

Post by Presti35 »

11 games to reach 300.

Will turn 32 in January and there was talk about him retiring earlier in the year. I think he can play at least 1 more season.

If he didnt stuff up in 2020 he'd have played 300 already. Had a few suspensions along the way too.

Either way, he's been a great player.

https://afltables.com/afl/stats/players ... ottom.html
A Goal Saved Is 2 Goals Earned!
Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 48 times
Been liked: 113 times

Post by Mr Miyagi »

He needs to play for as long as possible because he has no clue about farming
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 86 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

Top 5 again, in the Copeland Trophy for 2022. That's a top 5 finish in 9 of the last 11 seasons. In the other two, he finished 6th in one and only played 9 games in the other.
slangman
Has liked: 23 times
Been liked: 9 times

Post by slangman »

Well done to Sidey for his top 5 finish but i thought Maynard was unlucky to not make top 5.
I thought that he was second best after Crisp.
- Side By Side -
RudeBoy

Post by RudeBoy »

Sidey is a legend. A well deserved top 5 finish....again.
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 86 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

slangman wrote:Well done to Sidey for his top 5 finish but i thought Maynard was unlucky to not make top 5.
I thought that he was second best after Crisp.
Maynard was second last year. This year he wasn't in the top 10, was he?
Mr Miyagi

Post by Mr Miyagi »

Fly asking Sidey where he thinks he plays his best footy and what he enjoys was a turnaround. No, “you’re plugging holes here, here and here, don’t argue”, just a “what do you love about playing footy?” “Played my best on the wing and I loved it” alrighty, you’re playing wing, go enjoy it. Steele’s lost a few kilos this year too, must be all the farm work. ;)
BazBoy
Been liked: 29 times

Post by BazBoy »

Liked Sidey,s by play with Fly and the age thing ,something about 26

His answer that the was having fun and wished he could do more

That’s the feeling right thru the club
I'm not arguing--just explaining why i am right
Presti35
Has liked: 163 times
Been liked: 59 times

Post by Presti35 »

Interesting reading in this thread.

Will be here in 2023. Looking forward to his 300th. I hope it isn't interstate, although that didnt stop me going to Pendles 350th.
A Goal Saved Is 2 Goals Earned!
stui magpie
Has liked: 71 times

Post by stui magpie »

[quote="Mr Miyagi"]He needs to play for as long as possible because he has no clue about farming
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
Mr Miyagi

Post by Mr Miyagi »

If I were a teammate, when Sidey retires I’d give him a rocking chair for his farmhouse porch