Parliament House sexual assault and harassment allegations

Nick's current affairs & general discussion about anything that's not sport.
Voice your opinion on stories of interest to all at Nick's.

Moderator: bbmods

Pies4shaw
Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 86 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

stui magpie wrote:The wording may be gendered but the common usage isn't.
What's the common usage? It's routinely used to describe the differing accounts of the complainant and the defendant in rape cases where the accused is male. This was - wait for it - a rape case. It has a very particular usage in that context. It's scarcely the worst thing Dutton has done but one assumes he knew exactly what he was evoking when he used the expression.
stui magpie
Has liked: 71 times
Been liked: 73 times

Post by stui magpie »

The common usage is to describe any situation where you have one persons word against another. I think I covered that in my earlier post.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
Pies4shaw

Post by Pies4shaw »

stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

That's a persons opinion. It's perfectly valid as an opinion and is believed by a reasonable minority but that doesn't mean it's right.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
Tannin

Post by Tannin »

We don't "all know" that.

"He says she says" means "he says she says". You want to read something else into it, that's your problem.

(I don't have a problem believing Dutton meant something bad by it. But then I don't have a problem believing that that barstard means something bad if he says "good morning". He is a nasty piece of work and no two ways about it.)
�Let's eat Grandma.� Commas save lives!
watt price tully

Post by watt price tully »

doriswilgus wrote:What has that got to do with a liberal party staffer being allegedly raped by another liberal party staffer in federal parliament?Answer:absolutely nothing.
Correct weight. Don't worry about Eddie: he and facts lie in separate beds
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
watt price tully

Oh the little turd happy clappy Scotty from marketing is resembling Sgt Schultz "I know nothing"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UmzsWxPLIOo

was giving a speech on International Womens Day. Oh the irony.

Everyoneone else in his party knew seemed to have known but not poor old Scotty re the alleged rape of the staffer.

Peter Dutton knew but thought he shouldn't need to tell Scotty about it, interesting decision.

Scotty thows his female defense Minister under a bus for not telling him ealier & who ends up in hospital but kid gloves to Voldemort who doesn't tell the PM.

One rule for men another for women?
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
Pies4shaw

Post by Pies4shaw »

eddiesmith
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 16 times

Post by eddiesmith »

watt price tully wrote:Oh the little turd happy clappy Scotty from marketing is resembling Sgt Schultz "I know nothing"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UmzsWxPLIOo

was giving a speech on International Womens Day. Oh the irony.

Everyoneone else in his party knew seemed to have known but not poor old Scotty re the alleged rape of the staffer.

Peter Dutton knew but thought he shouldn't need to tell Scotty about it, interesting decision.

Scotty thows his female defense Minister under a bus for not telling him ealier & who ends up in hospital but kid gloves to Voldemort who doesn't tell the PM.

One rule for men another for women?
Isn't it funny how when Dan throws his female ministers under the bus its good leadership, when Dan says he knew nothing of the vitally important information that was sent to him and his secretary failed to pass any of it on, you believed him.

One rule for Scotty, one rule for Dopey Dan
watt price tully

Pies4shaw wrote:https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-02-26/pm-senators-afp-told-historical-rape-allegation-cabinet-minister/13197248
This is huge. Which cabinet minister (allegedly) (yeah right) raped a staffer and the staffer suicided.

<Please don’t engage in potentially defamatory speculation. Thanks, David for BBMods.>

Apparently the little turd Scotty knows.
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

^

Of course he fkn knows, didn't you read the article?

So do Penny Wong, Sara Hanson Young and Malcolm Turnbull. :roll:
Pies4shaw

Post by Pies4shaw »

think positive
Has liked: 212 times
Been liked: 85 times

Post by think positive »

You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
think positive
Has liked: 212 times
Been liked: 85 times

Post by think positive »

Pies4shaw wrote:https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-02-28/scott-morrison-has-a-man-problem-in-cabinet-rape-claim-letter/13200288
Hmm fair point, you would want to sit there wondering, what’s the answer? I bet DeGoey wishes he was afforded the same anonymity
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
watt price tully

And the beat goes on...la de da de da.....

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/amp.the ... e-and-cash

One party and so much abuse