#2 Jordan De Goey

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

qldmagpie67
Been liked: 78 times

Post by qldmagpie67 »

Agree totally rude. His upside is huge. Last night he showed again he has class and vision. At times he gets a bit lost in the game but heck he's 19 with about 7-10 games so
I super excited about our kids all of them
The future is bright and with the development of the mid range players we have we have a list with potential to be anything
Culprit
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 30 times

Post by Culprit »

Just remind me how we got the Goer? :D
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 86 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

^^^ He was the steaknives in the Crisp trade.
yin-YANG

Re: De Goey is the real deal

Post by yin-YANG »

Love us or Hate us... we are Collingwood - you can't ignore the Mighty Magpies!!!
The Average Tourist

Post by The Average Tourist »

Pies4shaw wrote:^^^ He was the steaknives in the Crisp trade.
Nice are we all allowed to use that line
Bucks you just reckon he can still cut it in the middle
mosig

Post by mosig »

My favourite part of his game was nailing that snap... I feel like he has missed around 3 of those under game pressure, so do nail this one in the intensity of that game was a big step forward.
Darkstranger

Re: De Goey is the real deal

Post by Darkstranger »

[quote="RudeBoy"]He's only 19 yrs of age and he's going to have ups and downs, and play good and bad games, but honestly I haven't been this excited about a young recruit since we drafted Pendles. Add 10 ks of muscle to this kid and 50 games of experience and he will be an All Australian. He'll be everything Nat Fyfe is, but he'll be a better kick. 8)[/quote
If we add 10kgs to his body he'll be in the high 90"s way too heavy!!!!

Will be a jet though, class act and cant wait till he knows he belongs on the AFL stage.
There is Collingwood and then the rest.
watt price tully

Post by watt price tully »

Does some nice things, did some nice things but he's a bit slow from what I've seen & doesn't get too many touches. Having said that HFF can be a hard position to play.

Last night would have been a great experience for him. I'm still yet to be convinced that he is a no. 5 pick but I'm hoping he will prove me wrong.
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
Member 7167

Post by Member 7167 »

watt price tully wrote:Does some nice things, did some nice things but he's a bit slow from what I've seen & doesn't get too many touches. Having said that HFF can be a hard position to play.

Last night would have been a great experience for him. I'm still yet to be convinced that he is a no. 5 pick but I'm hoping he will prove me wrong.
I think his natural talent and hardness will limit any adverse effects of his speed issue.

I think that he will be a genuine A greader when he comes of age.
Member 7167

Post by Member 7167 »

watt price tully wrote:Does some nice things, did some nice things but he's a bit slow from what I've seen & doesn't get too many touches. Having said that HFF can be a hard position to play.

I think his natural talent and hardness will limit any adverse effects of his speed issue.

I think that he will be a genuine A grader when he comes of age.
HAL
Been liked: 3 times

Post by HAL »

Is that what you think?
stui magpie
Has liked: 71 times
Been liked: 73 times

Post by stui magpie »

Interesting. The bloke reporting for the Aged disagrees.
And Collingwood is quick. Paul Seedsman and Jordan de Goey in particular made everyone on the ground look slow at times.
http://www.theage.com.au/afl/collingwoo ... hy0q8.html
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
Pies2016
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 87 times

Post by Pies2016 »

All of the above and I like it that he just goes back and slots important goals, partic set shots.
Gary Player “ the harder I practice, the luckier I get “
watt price tully

stui magpie wrote:

Interesting. The bloke reporting for the Aged disagrees.
And Collingwood is quick. Paul Seedsman and Jordan de Goey in particular made everyone on the ground look slow at times.
http://www.theage.com.au/afl/collingwoo ... hy0q8.html
I've always said there are two opinions in this world: my ones & wrong ones.

TBH I'm surprised to read that as the times I've seen JDG pace has not been one of his attributes.

Seedsman is fast & can be fast.

JDG is a footballer rather than an athlete in that type of dichotomy despite his relatively late entry to AFL footy as a kid. He's a natural footy player in many respects, knows where the ball is. I don't think of him as a speedster though.
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
watt price tully

Member 7167 wrote:

I think that he will be a genuine A grader when he comes of age.
I'm inclined to agree Member. He has a lot of upside.