#25 Jack Crisp

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

bwphantom

Post by bwphantom »

Remember him against Crows...was only decent player for them on the end of a 100 point drubbing.

Voss was pretty excited to pick him up, but the Clayton's Coach didn't see much in him.

We shall see, only 21 a lot of upside.
All this may be summed up in one word - CHARACTER - and if that is not worth developing, nothing is.

Jock McHale
burnsy17

Jack Crisp

Post by burnsy17 »

Posted seom pretty good numbers for the Lions in the last 6 or 7 games and also noticed he was awarded the BOG medal in the NEAFL grand final... Good signs that he likes the big stage which is what he'll get each week at the Pies.

Really excited to see how the kid goes... He's only 21!
Beware the swooping Magpie.
BazBoy
Been liked: 29 times

Post by BazBoy »

Me too !! I cant wait to see the whole lot of young guns wearing the worlds greatest jumper
I'm not arguing--just explaining why i am right
Dave The Man
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Dave The Man »

He is a Type of player we need. A tall Midfielder.

Moves really well but his Kicking needs to be Tided Up
I am Da Man
BazBoy

Post by BazBoy »

My hope is yes Crisp and the young draftee group all get the drive to be in our best 22
But would like some exsisting young ones to take a step --like Alex Fasolo and given
injury plus moved all over the shop in 14 he did not get continuity so his time might be
just around the corner
droversdog65

Post by droversdog65 »

I think Faz has the tools - he certainly has the confidence, as you say plonk him down in the one spot and give him license to create.
Dave The Man
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Dave The Man »

droversdog65 wrote:I think Faz has the tools - he certainly has the confidence, as you say plonk him down in the one spot and give him license to create.
Play him Forward and not Back
I am Da Man
Jezza
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 191 times

Post by Jezza »

Crisp is an unknown player for me in the sense of that he could produce anything. If his last six games with Brisbane are anything to go by there's definitely plenty to work with there and we could easily development him into a valuable contributor for the side. The upside is he's a tall player and could play both half forward and half-back if need be.

My Brisbane Lions supporting friend reckons Crisp is quite a composed player and plays well off half-back but he does have the tendency to panic when entering forward 50 with the ball and spotting a target. That's an area of his game that he will need to improve according to my mate.

Anyway Crisp might be a surprisingly good addition to the squad and it'll be interesting to see how he's utilised in the NAB Cup games but I don't expect him to play in round 1 unless he stars in the NAB Cup and he's too good to overlook for the first game against his former club.
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆
themonk

Post by themonk »

Steak knives, however last time we said that it turned out to be a lot more (Medhurst).

Fingers crossed
Stinger

Post by Stinger »

Jezza wrote: My Brisbane Lions supporting friend reckons Crisp is quite a composed player and plays well off half-back but he does have the tendency to panic when entering forward 50 with the ball and spotting a target. That's an area of his game that he will need to improve according to my mate.
Who could blame him...they don't have much to kick to down there.

As long as he masters the long bomb to the top of the goal square over the summer, he doesn't need much more than that in his arsenal.
Collingwood Crackerjack

Post by Collingwood Crackerjack »

Stinger wrote:
Jezza wrote: My Brisbane Lions supporting friend reckons Crisp is quite a composed player and plays well off half-back but he does have the tendency to panic when entering forward 50 with the ball and spotting a target. That's an area of his game that he will need to improve according to my mate.
Who could blame him...they don't have much to kick to down there.

As long as he masters the long bomb to the top of the goal square over the summer, he doesn't need much more than that in his arsenal.
Gotta agree, that comment doesn't fill me with confidence. We need to change the mindset of 'if in doubt, bang it long to Cloke'. We had a number of passages' throughout last year where we ran it forward with the loose player (assumedly the loose player was created by the Cloke 2 on 1). Until we can make that a constant goal scoring play, Cloke will continued to get double-teamed, and the long bomb will be playing into the oppositions hands
Tannin

Post by Tannin »

Crisp is perfect Collingwood material and will play 200 for us, at least that's what I'm hearing. My #1 source pretty much says it's a certainty as Crisp has the one thing every single true Collingwood player must have:
Jezza wrote:Crisp is quite a composed player and plays well off half-back but he does have the tendency to panic when entering forward 50 with the ball and spotting a target.
Clearly destined for a long career with us.
�Let's eat Grandma.� Commas save lives!
watt price tully

Post by watt price tully »

Crisp has that wonderful Collingwood ability to hit a player on the chest 50 meters away. The fact that the player marking the ball on their chest more is not wearing a Collingwood Guernsey is something he is working on. Should fit right in :wink:

However, who knows. He did really well in those last few games & I hope he takes his opportunity & does really well for us.
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
BazBoy

Post by BazBoy »

Adding to bombing it long as a forward thrust we should evaluate Travs situ so if
the have two defenders on him have a plan B and score without Trav involved
Do that several times for bags of goals then see how long opposition persist with
2 on 1 routine

Post by 3.14159 »

There was a Roy Crisp playing in black and white wae back in 1910.
Anyone know if they are related?