2022 Trade Period. (COMPLETED)

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

Presti35
Has liked: 389 times
Been liked: 178 times

Post by Presti35 »

Mr Miyagi wrote:Walshy’s at St Kilda now, we could pull some strings for a trade. Anyone there we’d want?
Josh Battle
A Goal Saved Is 2 Goals Earned!
Presti35
Has liked: 389 times
Been liked: 178 times

Post by Presti35 »

THATS DAY 3 DONE

We didnt manage to bring anyone in today, but what will Day 4 bring?
A Goal Saved Is 2 Goals Earned!
Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 93 times
Been liked: 179 times

Post by Mr Miyagi »

Repeat: how the eff can Geelong afford Bowes’s salary for the next 4 years?! If Gold Coast can’t afford him, how can Geelong possibly fit him in? Dangerfield has convinced him to join Geelong, which is in itself questionable. So they get a decent player plus a top ten pick after just winning the flag, wtf. And I’m hearing that pick will go for Bruhn. This is just wrong. And Geelong are seriously lowballing us on Henry.

And we’re getting a packet of chips for AA Grundy.
Big T
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 74 times

Post by Big T »

Mr Miyagi wrote:Repeat: how the eff can Geelong afford Bowes’s salary for the next 4 years?! If Gold Coast can’t afford him, how can Geelong possibly fit him in? Dangerfield has convinced him to join Geelong, which is in itself questionable. So they get a decent player plus a top ten pick after just winning the flag, wtf. And I’m hearing that pick will go for Bruhn. This is just wrong. And Geelong are seriously lowballing us on Henry.

Apparently Danger is on 500k for his role in the AFLPA and Bowes will be his assistant on 800k
Buon Giorno
piffdog
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 73 times

Post by piffdog »

Went a bit early on day 3 trades being over. Couple other trades announced just after 6.

Settle down on Geelong - seriously. I think we all recognise they’re good at this. Don’t forget Selwood has left - big boots to fill. Lots of dad’s army to retire next year.

Bowes will probably only end up on exactly the same total but spread over 4-5 years. Not sure

Everybody making out like Bruhn, Henry and Bowes are Brownlow medallist’s… None of them could get a game in the clubs they are coming from.

I’m focusing on our list, who we get and who’s already there who can improve. No use sooking about other clubs.
Last edited by piffdog on Wed Oct 05, 2022 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It's never as good/nor bad as it seems...
Mr Miyagi

Post by Mr Miyagi »

Big T wrote:
Mr Miyagi wrote:Repeat: how the eff can Geelong afford Bowes’s salary for the next 4 years?! If Gold Coast can’t afford him, how can Geelong possibly fit him in? Dangerfield has convinced him to join Geelong, which is in itself questionable. So they get a decent player plus a top ten pick after just winning the flag, wtf. And I’m hearing that pick will go for Bruhn. This is just wrong. And Geelong are seriously lowballing us on Henry.

Apparently Danger is on 500k for his role in the AFLPA and Bowes will be his assistant on 800k
Mr Miyagi

Post by Mr Miyagi »

Using pick 7 on a local midfield young gun. Hope he gets picked by another club at 6.
stui magpie
Has liked: 110 times
Been liked: 135 times

Post by stui magpie »

My view on Geelong is that they have a relatively simple concept executed well over an extended period.

They target locals and other country kids who they can sell a lifestyle to
They have a program that offers a greater work/life balance than several other clubs
They don't pay overs to retain players, they have a structured approach that every player is aware of, you get paid according to where you fit in the heirachy. Once they're in, they can scale that salary downward as they age.
They have the "small town" vibe that possibly only Adelaide can match but with a century of history on their side that opens doors to off the books cashies, advice and other support to players that no other club can match.
They have a culture which makes them a destination club which has been maintained for over a decade.

A club like Collingwood could theoretically offer everything they do except the regional lifestyle, we just need to get better at setting the expectations and executing on it.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
Pies2016
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 163 times

Post by Pies2016 »

piffdog wrote:
Settle down on Geelong - seriously. I think we all recognise they’re good at this. Don’t forget Selwood has left - big boots to fill. Lots of dad’s army to retire next year.

Bowes will probably only end up on exactly the same total but spread over 4-5 years. Not sure

Everybody making out like Bruhn, Henry and Bowes are Brownlow medallist’s… None of them could get a game in the clubs they are coming from.

I’m focusing on our list, who we get and who’s already there who can improve. No use sooking about other clubs.
Couldn’t agree more. They will make their list changes and we will make ours and the outcomes for both clubs will look after itself next season.
Piesnchess
Has liked: 228 times
Been liked: 94 times

Post by Piesnchess »

Presti35 wrote:
Mr Miyagi wrote:Walshy’s at St Kilda now, we could pull some strings for a trade. Anyone there we’d want?
Josh Battle

Jeezus, HOW many Clubs has that prick been too, ?? Must be six at least. :o :shock:
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Piesnchess

Post by Piesnchess »

Mr Miyagi wrote:Oh Jake. Instead of asking the hard questions how the eff Geelong can afford Bowes, you lament Gold Coast never making finals.

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/the ... 5bn74.html

Smell the coffee mate , the Handbaggers dont have a salary cap, dodgy as all hell down there, has been for quite some time. :?
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Piesnchess

Post by Piesnchess »

stui magpie wrote:My view on Geelong is that they have a relatively simple concept executed well over an extended period.

They have a program that offers a greater work/life balance than several other clubs
They don't pay overs to retain players, they have a structured approach that every player is aware of, you get paid according to where you fit in the heirachy. Once they're in, they can scale that salary downward as they age.
They have the "small town" vibe that possibly only Adelaide can match but with a century of history on their side that opens doors to off the books cashies, advice and other support to players that no other club can match.
They have a culture which makes them a destination club which has been maintained for over a decade.

A club like Collingwood could theoretically offer everything they do except the regional lifestyle, we just need to get better at setting the expectations and executing on it.

I thought when Ford folded down there, the whole town would have literally died in the arse, so many of them worked at Ford for decades, generations of them. :P

Piesnchess

Post by Piesnchess »

stui magpie wrote:My view on Geelong is that they have a relatively simple concept executed well over an extended period.

I thought when Ford folded down there, the whole town would have literally died in the arse, so many of them worked at Ford for decades, generations of them. :P

lazzadesilva
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 87 times

Post by lazzadesilva »

I term the current Collingwood attack based strategy “Unceasing Waves” like on a stormy and windy day with rough seas. A Perfect Storm ☔️
23 YIPPEE!!!

Post by 23 YIPPEE!!! »

I expect today we pick up Frampton and get the deal done.