Buyers Remorse

Use this forum for non-Collingwood related footy topics that don't relate specifically to any of the other forums. For non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar and for non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

qldmagpie67
Been liked: 74 times

Re: Buyers Remorse

Post by qldmagpie67 »

The Big O only got 5 coaches votes schooling a VFL standard ruck
If it wasn’t for Rayner and McCluggage having near career best days he would have likely polled more votes
Sooner or later youll just have to face the undeniable facts Grundy is at best a second rate player playing in a team where they can cover for his many weaknesses
As I’ve said many times when there midfield is held he doesn’t have the skills or ability to lead them out of trouble
But I’m sure at his 4th club in as many years they’ll appreciate his budding new career as a sculptor
qldmagpie67

Post by qldmagpie67 »

Another week another insipid performance by the games most underwhelming ruck
English isn’t a world beater we all know that but geez he made Grundy look like the VFL standard player he is
The dogs mids fed off any hitout Grundy got because Treloar fed them the info. It goes to his feet and his feet only so just get in close you’ll get the ball every time
What the swans wouldn’t give to have a Cameron or a competitive ruck in there side
Oh well I guess kinnear Beetson will be on the phone to port to see what it will cost for them to take Grundy off there hands now
Adelaide won’t take him not with o’brein performing like a AFL ruck
qldmagpie67

Post by qldmagpie67 »

Please tell me how good Grundy was yesterday!!
The game was so close he must have been the reason the swans where in the hunt all day !
Oh and why did they pick another ruckman in lanhams ? To take on the powerhouse Jordan Sweet I’m guessing
Seriously please go watch the game. It shows exactly why Grundy is a large part of the reason the swans are getting beaten most weeks for the past 6 weeks.
Watch when Sweet kicks a scrappy goal and look to see where his opponent Grundy was
He was over 50m away hands on hips standing going nothing
You see a Gawn or Cameron or Big O would have early in the game when there side was under the pump dropped back constantly in defence looking for intercept marks or at least close down a leading lane making it hard for the opposition to score
Nope not Grundy he knows he can’t mark and is worse than useless in contested marking and he doesn’t want to do the team thing he only want soft touches to pad his stats and make people look after a game and say oh he had 25 he must have gone well
I thought the $450k swans where paying him was about right
Now it’s obvious it’s about $100k overs
qldmagpie67

Post by qldmagpie67 »

There’s a book in the works for his career
It’s titled
The Million Dollar Disaster
Willing to admit now that Wright in his absolute desire to set Collingwood up for premiership success knew that the 1st move that had to be made was rid the club of its biggest liability in Grundy
It was never about the money it was because Wright knew first hand what it takes to be a premiership player and he knew Grundy had none of those traits
qldmagpie67

Post by qldmagpie67 »

Just a new view on Grundy
Over the past 6 weeks
He’s ranked the 508th ranked player in the game (602 players used)
He’s ranked 15th rated ruckman
His kicking efficiency is 41%
His hit outs to advantage is 19%
He’s taken only 3 intercept marks over the 6 weeks (highest ranked ruckman for intercept marks is Cameron with 19)
He’s Sydney’s lowest ranked player for 1%ers
Over the entire season now he’s ranked the 10 best ruckman in the competition and is the 283rd ranked player in the game

David king made the point if Sydney had another ruckman who was even going ok Grundy’s position in the side would be in jeopardy
Seems he’s done exactly what he did at Collingwood and Melbourne when he was called out by a coach for below average play and he’s run off crying

And you wonder why Sydney made a play for Marshall from St Kilda

As the thread headline said
BUYERS REMORSE
Forget about a 4th club in 4 years there isn’t another club out there in the AFL who would take him off Sydney’s hands
Durka
Been liked: 1 time

Post by Durka »

At least he’s consistent.
You know what you’re going to get!
eddiesmith
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 16 times

Post by eddiesmith »

Absolutely toweled up by Draper tonight, only thing that cost Essendon was when they put Draper forward and Grundy had a long spell on the bench…
qldmagpie67

Post by qldmagpie67 »

Correct Eddie
Of the 44 players who played enough game time to gain champion data ranking points
Grundy was rated the 39th best player on the ground
Seriously he’s showing now exactly why the club was willing to get rid of him at any cost
eddiesmith
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 16 times

Post by eddiesmith »

Not even one of the 4 AA squad ruckman, but his replacement Darcy Cameron makes the squad!!!
qldmagpie67

Post by qldmagpie67 »

On the on the couch program tonight Buckley who is a selector said they named 3 rucks and spoke about Marshall and the Big O as well
So that’s 5 we know for sure the selectors looked at before him
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 84 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

qldmagpie67 wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 4:05 pm ... come about round 10 they’ll have to do a Melbourne and just play him in the VFL and look for someone to take him off there hands
His best chance of getting game time is hope Lanhams and McLean both come down with injuries
And yet, here we are at the end of the home and away season, with Thor one of 9 players to play all 23 games for the team that finished top of the ladder.

For the record, McLean also played all 23 games, as second ruckman to the greatest ruckman in AFL history, of course - and Ladhams managed just 1 appearance.
qldmagpie67

Post by qldmagpie67 »

And yet here we are when the awards and honours are being handed out and he’s nowhere to be seen as usual
Cornes on SEN today when asked about picking 3 rucks in the 44 said (he was a selector)
All 3 deserved recognition especially Cameron who I believe is the complete ruckman for todays modern game
When quizzed on players who where considered at the half way point of the season to be in AA contention he said this about Grundy
We spoke about 6 ruckman and settled on 3 and Grundy wasn’t one of them. At the half way point he was one of 4 or 5 we had in consideration but once the form or Sydney’s midfield slipped he’s been exposed badly. He went on to say. Sydney went hard at Marshall from St Kilda for a reason they saw what many of us on the outside didn't early on. When you look at value for money port got Sweet for next to nothing and he’s paid close to the same the swans gave up a 2nd round pick and about $500k a season for a guy who’s level of play isn’t upto AFL standard most weeks.
Now personally I don’t often agree with Cornes but that’s twice in a week he’s been spot on (other time was he said Nick D was a shoe in to win multiple Brownlow’s and his first should come this season)
The sooner you realise Sydney’s success is despite Grundy not because of Grundy
Seriously go back and look when I mentioned when Cox took him to task at half time in a game and look at his form line since.
Buckley said it last year when quizzed about Grundy playing forward at Melbourne
He said some players are very easy to coach some aren’t so easy because they are set in there ways and mind set. Brodie is one of the later
He’s uncoachable in other words
He’s run off sooking again after his incompetence was called out
I’ll stick by the original title of this thread
qldmagpie67

Post by qldmagpie67 »

Gawn wins his 7th AA ruckman jacket
When asked about his toughest competition he named 7 other rucks and didn’t name Grundy
Says it all
The most capped ruck ever doesn’t rate Grundy
qldmagpie67

Post by qldmagpie67 »

Of all that’s been written and said about Grundy I’ve heard the greatest Swan of all time in Gerrard Healy deliver what can only be described as the most stinging assessment of him I’ve ever heard
When asked about the Swans chances of winning the premiership he said
I was confident in the first 8 weeks of the season but what I’ve seen in the second half of the year I’ve now got some concerns
When asked what they where he said
Big games are heavily influenced by 2 factors the power of your midfield and the power of your big men
Sydney’s midfield can handle its own against any team on there day but they are lacking that big man who can influence a game like a Gawn can
When quizzed further after being asked directly about Grundy he replied
I don’t think his heart is in football any longer. He plays like a man devoid of enjoyment for the game and devoid of the ability to influence a game. What I’ve seen in the past 2 months from him leads me to think that Sydney would be better served finding any big man who can at least take a mark and have some sort of influence at the contest and around the ground.
Healy then said if Grundy is being honest with himself and the club he will walk away at seasons end from football and follow whatever his passion is outside of the game because his performances on the field show he isn’t passionate about the being a footballer or don’t the work it takes to be a good team mate.

It appears everyone bar P4S can see what’s happening (again) with Grundy
Sydney have assembled a side who could have won a premiership except they don’t count on having such a liability in Grundy take away there advantage
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 84 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

I think Bob Skilton would like you to reconsider your opening sentence. Actually, so would Peter Bedford and John Rantall. Also, Bob Pratt and Laurie Nash say “hi”.