Post Match. Pies thumped. All comments.

Match previews, reviews, reports and discussion.

Moderator: bbmods

Big T
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 57 times

Re: Post Match. Pies thumped. All comments.

Post by Big T »

Yeah we get it Piesnchess and it has been a magnificent two years. But we are allowed to actually bemoan our recent drafting and discuss concerns on the list. Be a pretty boring forum if we all sat around shining last years cup.
Buon Giorno
Marvelos

Post by Marvelos »

We need to be ruthless at the trade table, I’d love us to get back into the draft, move heaven and earth to get 2 top 15 picks and draft the Whitlock twins
doriswilgus
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 21 times

Post by doriswilgus »

Mr Miyagi wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2024 10:12 am Kane Cornes on 9 right now loving Ginnivan showing off constantly yesterday and carrying on after a goal. Nathan Brown called him out and said Cornes hated it when Ginnivan played for Collingwood (so loudly and weekly it derailed Ginnivan’s season). Silence. They’re all Collingwood-hating hypocrites.
That’s a good point about Kane Cornes.He is such a hypocrite.He absolutely loathed Ginnivan when he played for us.Criticised him for everything from his ducking for free kicks to his onfield antics.

And yet now he’s playing for the brown and gold he absolutely loves him and has no problems with him at all.He also liked the Hawthorn players antics like pretending to take photos of each other when they kicked goals.And yet he had an issue with Collingwood players for simply smiling when they ran onto the ground.

As I said,he’s such a hypocrite,
Pete 70
Been liked: 15 times

Post by Pete 70 »

I’m probably in the glass half full camp always. Shit game. I hate Hawthorn. I can’t say how glad I am we got rid of Ginnivan. Muppet. I don’t care how many possessions he gets, or how many whatever’s, his behaviour last year was a disgrace, on every level. Club sticks by him, and on the night before the GF … . Anyway. In 1990 when we won the flag we were smashed by Hawthorn in round 17 or something. In my lifetime we have never had the wood on them, and they are playing inspired football. Shit game. This is just me, but I don’t think cupboard is bare, Port Adelaide game this year, Melbourne, Carlton. We are badly out of form, and confidence. I was so over it last night. Today I wake up and think of how much fun I’ve had the past 2 and a half years. And one thought, Carlton, Nirth, Brisbane, Port A, Suns, Sydney, GWS, Footscray, Geel, and probably Freo have objectively much better lists than us, and they did last year as well, and most likely the year before that. And none of them one the flag last year, and only one of that cohort has won a flag in the last 4 years. It’s a tough brutal game. I’ll go along to Richmond next week, and hope for a win, and then be excited about the handbaggers game. Irrationally, I haven’t given up on sneaking in. I’m f…ing stupid - I know. I hope the players do read this sometimes, and appreciate the joy they have given us the past while, and that I still believe, and if it becomes impossible to do so, I’ll be there still yelling at the shit decisions, still in awe of Daics x 2, still bloody happy to support this club. Deranged pedestal stepped down from
Dispatches from a foreign land
Leggie
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 1 time

Post by Leggie »

Pete 70 wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2024 5:12 pm
Nice Pete. Very nice
Bring Back Tranquilli
shawthing
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 56 times

Post by shawthing »

Piesnchess wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2024 3:03 pm Next week, they will have some other team to ridicule.
Not if we get done by the Tiges!
Cam
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 22 times

Post by Cam »

shawthing wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2024 6:31 pm Not if we get done by the Tiges!
Wellll if the Tiges beat us they will likely lose the #1 pick in the draft... so there's that conundrum for them... and they play North the week after...
Get back on top.
Jezza
Has liked: 127 times
Been liked: 191 times

Post by Jezza »

doriswilgus wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2024 4:56 pmThat’s a good point about Kane Cornes.He is such a hypocrite.He absolutely loathed Ginnivan when he played for us.Criticised him for everything from his ducking for free kicks to his onfield antics.

And yet now he’s playing for the brown and gold he absolutely loves him and has no problems with him at all.He also liked the Hawthorn players antics like pretending to take photos of each other when they kicked goals.And yet he had an issue with Collingwood players for simply smiling when they ran onto the ground.

As I said,he’s such a hypocrite,
Agree. I'm glad others are noticing this as well from the media.

The double standards are astounding.
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆
Culprit
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 30 times

Post by Culprit »

What was Krugers injury?
lazzadesilva
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 51 times

Post by lazzadesilva »

Culprit wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2024 10:56 pm What was Krugers injury?
Concussion I think. He failed his head assessment and will miss next week.
I term the current Collingwood attack based strategy “Unceasing Waves” like on a stormy and windy day with rough seas. A Perfect Storm ☔️
Cam
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 22 times

Post by Cam »

Kane Cornes.. Sam McClure... anybody else... will say whatever they think will provoke a reaction in people. Without reactions, they don't have a job. Once you realise that you will ease up, and not take the bait so easily. They deliberately choose a side. EVERY football panel on EVERY show has people for and at least one person against the grain in EVERY topic they raise. It's scripted... every day... every week... every year... No anger, no relevancy. Once your eyes are opened, you can't take them seriously anymore, no matter how much angst is in their voice [Lyon], how much annoyance they show [Cornes], how much stuff they make up [McClure], how much frustration they show [McGuire].
Get back on top.
Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 47 times
Been liked: 112 times

Post by Mr Miyagi »

66 points is our biggest losing margin under Fly. Which isnt that bad considering.
Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 47 times
Been liked: 112 times

Post by Mr Miyagi »

Cam wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2024 11:57 pm Kane Cornes.. Sam McClure... anybody else... will say whatever they think will provoke a reaction in people. Without reactions, they don't have a job. Once you realise that you will ease up, and not take the bait so easily. They deliberately choose a side. EVERY football panel on EVERY show has people for and at least one person against the grain in EVERY topic they raise. It's scripted... every day... every week... every year... No anger, no relevancy. Once your eyes are opened, you can't take them seriously anymore, no matter how much angst is in their voice [Lyon], how much annoyance they show [Cornes], how much stuff they make up [McClure], how much frustration they show [McGuire].
I’m surprised Nathan Brown anything — wasn’t another word after that though.
think better
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 26 times

Post by think better »

Cam wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2024 11:57 pm Kane Cornes.. Sam McClure... anybody else... will say whatever they think will provoke a reaction in people. Without reactions, they don't have a job. Once you realise that you will ease up, and not take the bait so easily. They deliberately choose a side. EVERY football panel on EVERY show has people for and at least one person against the grain in EVERY topic they raise. It's scripted... every day... every week... every year... No anger, no relevancy. Once your eyes are opened, you can't take them seriously anymore, no matter how much angst is in their voice [Lyon], how much annoyance they show [Cornes], how much stuff they make up [McClure], how much frustration they show [McGuire].
Yep this is so true. The world has just become click bait heaven - not just in the footy world but in every aspect of life.

The one that I like to listen to the most is Jonathan Brown - I reckon he analyses like he used to play - straight at the ball and not pretending about anything.
I think therefore I think - I think
winpies
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 14 times

Post by winpies »

Piesnchess wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2024 4:25 pm My final thought on that miserable forgettable match, in context. WE won the Premiership last season, and it was fantastic, a wonderful memory no one can forget, we got a flag for the ages. Sixteen teams, plus us , 17, wont win the Grand Final this season, only the 18th will get it, and if you dont win it, you are quickly forgotten, so we are in good company. Mate of mine, Saints fan, seen one flag, entire life, decades ago, when he was a kid. We have very little to complain about, really.
If someone said to me you can win a flag then not make the 8 the next year.....I'd take it. And like above, think St. Kilda.
carn the mighty pies!