#35,#16 Oliver Henry

Player President threads here thanks.

Moderator: bbmods

Piethagoras' Theorem
Been liked: 2 times

Post by Piethagoras' Theorem »

Not much to add that hasn't already been said but I have a sinking feeling this one's gonna irk me for quite a while.
Oh well, swings, roundabouts and all that... I'm sure opposition fans could have said similar things regarding Anthony Rocca and Luke Ball, to name a couple
Formally frankiboy and FrankieGoesToCollingwood.
Marvelos

Post by Marvelos »

I think the distance between fwd and back might be too much for Ollie and his brother, I think Ollie will play in defence.
stui magpie
Has liked: 71 times
Been liked: 73 times

Post by stui magpie »

Pretty classy comment from Henry

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cj4miM3vUcv/
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
Dark Beanie
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 16 times

Post by Dark Beanie »

after all the hooha, that was nice from Ollie.

He will still get booed though
If you are foolish enough to be contented, don't show it, but just grumble with the rest. - Jerome K Jerome
Marvelos

Post by Marvelos »

stui magpie wrote:Pretty classy comment from Henry

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cj4miM3vUcv/
He wouldn’t know class if it took it’s panties off and did a lap dance on his face!
nomadjack

Post by nomadjack »

Mr Miyagi wrote:Geelong are hypocritical a-holes. End of story. As for Ollie, he burnt bridges with Collingwood and he’s going to face some cold shoulders at Geelong for pushing Cooper Stephens out. Rata will be asking why Ollie gets his trade wish but he doesn’t too. Hoping this causes some rifts at Geelong and cracks start emerging on game days.
  • You're dreaming. He'll fit right in at Geelong without any dramas. The fact his brother is a mainstay there and his obvious comfort celebrating with them after the GF suggests he'll be welcomed with open arms. And the responses from Pies players to his post today would suggest there's not a lot of bad blood on that front either. Us fans might get our knickers in a twist but the players accept moving around is just part of the gig these days in most cases. Stephens being moved on won't cause a ripple and any bad blood coming from Rata not being traded won't be on Henry. I find it amusing that Geelong gets criticized for doing exactly what most people here we're calling on the club to do. They played their hand perfectly. Well done...but suck a hairy bag when we beat you twice next year off the back of Mitchell getting 40 touches and Ollie's running around in the twos.
inxs88
Been liked: 4 times

Post by inxs88 »

The audacity of this turd putting out a message to pies members. he can shove it up his clacker
I love the Pies, hate Carlscum
David
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 35 times

Post by David »

"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
RudeBoy

Post by RudeBoy »

Words of wisdom David.

I agree with everything you said, but nevertheless, I expect I'll be booing him loudly whenever he gets the ball playing against us. At games, most of us get carried away with the madness and emotion of the moment, and I've never really expected rational discourse from supporters (me included) on game day. However, when it comes to keyboard chats and other public forums, we should all be respectful towards all our players, even those who choose to ply their trade elsewhere.
lazzadesilva
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 51 times

Post by lazzadesilva »

Is it okay to feel sorry for them? I mean he kicked a gift horse in the mouth by not taking the incredible opportunity to play his career at a legendary famous footy club like mighty Collingwood and instead chose to play for the team from sleepy hollow who usually go round in circles (like their jumper) in between winning the occasional flag. Not the smartest move but it was a choice he made. He will have to get used to this balls up, wallowing in regret for the rest of his career at the cattery until he gets knackered in the end.
I term the current Collingwood attack based strategy “Unceasing Waves” like on a stormy and windy day with rough seas. A Perfect Storm ☔️
inxs88

Post by inxs88 »

inxs88

Post by inxs88 »

And for what it's worth, Henry chose to blame:

1. "I won't get a game because "McStay Carey/Hart" is coming". Then said:
2. "I'm not getting enough $$"
3. "I'm homesick" (for 58km away)
4. "I want to play with my brother"
5. "It's not you (Collingwood) it's me"
6. Then said "It is you, I'll nominate for the draft" and I'm never coming back to Magpies"!

Now spoiled little Henry having "got his way" tries to send a "risk mitigation thankyou" out to the Magpies faithful, with all of the writings seemingly reading like a Player Agent's witness statement!

Am i ungrateful, angry, not buying it, annoyed and pissed off? Absolutely. Compare that to Brodie Grundy's graceful and classy departure. Too many so-called fans are too accepting and twee. It's not the tribal Magpies way.
Pies2016
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 86 times

Post by Pies2016 »

Nothing that 200 AFL games from our pick 25 in the 2022 draft won’t fix.
Gary Player “ the harder I practice, the luckier I get “
themonk

Post by themonk »

inxs88 wrote:And for what it's worth, Henry chose to blame:

1. "I won't get a game because "McStay Carey/Hart" is coming". Then said:
2. "I'm not getting enough $$"
3. "I'm homesick" (for 58km away)
4. "I want to play with my brother"
5. "It's not you (Collingwood) it's me"
6. Then said "It is you, I'll nominate for the draft" and I'm never coming back to Magpies"!

Now spoiled little Henry having "got his way" tries to send a "risk mitigation thankyou" out to the Magpies faithful, with all of the writings seemingly reading like a Player Agent's witness statement!

Am i ungrateful, angry, not buying it, annoyed and pissed off? Absolutely. Compare that to Brodie Grundy's graceful and classy departure. Too many so-called fans are too accepting and twee. It's not the tribal Magpies way.
spot on
stui magpie
Has liked: 71 times

Post by stui magpie »

He didn't want to be here, he's gone, and said some nice things after leaving rather than gloating, whether manufactured or not.

Just.....move....on.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.