#2 Jordan De Goey

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

Woods

Post by Woods »

E wrote:
GazMan wrote:It's just disappointing imo...The kid has an indiscretion same time last year and attempts to lie his way out of it, and this year derails again! I guess a positive is that he has learnt to fess up.

We shouldn't throw him under the bus by any means but geez, he's certainly testing the patience of both club and supporters!
I think this one is more of an error of judgment. It sounds like he got in the car a long time after he stopped drinking and just didnt know whether he was over or not.

I know people who keep breathalizers at their house and have had used it after a boozy lunch to confirm that none of us should drive. you would be quite staggered at the results you get sometimes. The same people drinking the same amount of alcohol can yield amazingly different result (and fitter people get higher readings MUCH more easily than fat slobs - finally a reason to be fat!!!).

I have a miraculous ability to be below the limit in circumstances where my friends have blown .15 (and we consumed the same alcohol and appear to have similar body types).

It was an error of judgment, but there is no evidence he was driving dangerously and certainly comparing his indiscretion with what Darren Millane did is not even close to apples to apples.
He's on P plates. He has to have zero alcohol in his blood. Was on the piss down the coast and was driven back to Melb. Then jumped in his car and drove. No way he could have zero alcohol by that stage.
No excuses.
Collingwood Crackerjack

Post by Collingwood Crackerjack »

Skids wrote:All these perfect posters who never made a mistake or 2 in their early years :roll:
Made a shitload of mistakes in my youngers years, working dead end jobs for shit wages in jobs where they couldn't give a f**k what I did outside of work, as long as I showed up on time.

No made him sign the contract

What was your point?
Woods

Post by Woods »

John Ralph from the Herald_sun tweeting that De Goey was "drunk as ten men at Albion Hotel party this month". ( https://twitter.com/RalphyHeraldSun/sta ... 9787265029 )

Wouldn't be surprised if a TV crew (eg. ACA) don't go down to Torquey and confront some of De Goey's drinking mates.
ANNODAM
Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 30 times

Post by ANNODAM »

He's so damn lucky he wasn't in any accident that not only could've wiped himself out but an innocent family in the process.

Fk off you cooker, we don't need your type at this Football Club, I am glad he's suspended!

This is NOT a mistake, he's a P plater, he knows the Law, all the ads & campaign in the media about drink driving yet nothing has sunk in?
I call bullshit!
WE WERE ROBBED, RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME, RIGHT IN FRONT OF MEEE!

N.Y METS, N.Y GIANTS, PENRITH PANTHERS & HOBART HURRICANES FAN.

WE ALL LOOK GOOD AT TRAINING, IT'S THE MATCHES THAT COUNT!
David
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 37 times

Post by David »

Last edited by David on Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
piedys
Has liked: 291 times
Been liked: 77 times

Post by piedys »

E wrote:I am now seeing articles in the Paper suggesting he should be suspended on an open ended basis...

LUKE HODGE DID NOT MISS ANY FOOTY FOR DOING THE SAME THING (AND THAT OCCURRED DURING THE SEASON)!!!!
themonk wrote:Hodge is a captain and got done, what did he get? calm down people.
JDG; shame you aren't Whorethorn, where you'd already be mounted to the wall or bronzed, in their drink-driver hall of fame.

The club did the right thing today; let's presume he will tow the line for the next month and be cherry ripe for selection against these pricks in round 1.
M I L L A N E 4 2 forever
HAL
Been liked: 3 times

Post by HAL »

scoobydoo
Been liked: 5 times

Post by scoobydoo »

Collingwood Crackerjack

Crimson Mask wrote:Maybe we need to do a Shane Strempel on De Goey! :D
..and follow up by giving him a run in the ruck!
Collingwood Crackerjack

Pies4shaw wrote:Martin was always a star. Apparently a ratbag - but always a star. In his first 4 seasons, Martin played 86 games and already had 39 Brownlow votes. De Goey merely remains a guy who shows a bit of promise, when he can get himself organised to play a game.

If I thought Collingwood was going to finish in any of the top 14 places on the ladder, I'd be really concerned that this was going to affect our season negatively.
..but lets not reality get in the way of the apologist rant-fest eh E?
K
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 17 times

Post by K »

Woods wrote:John Ralph from the Herald_sun tweeting that De Goey was "drunk as ten men at Albion Hotel party this month". ( https://twitter.com/RalphyHeraldSun/sta ... 9787265029 )

Wouldn't be surprised if a TV crew (eg. ACA) don't go down to Torquey and confront some of De Goey's drinking mates.
I would be surprised, but in a good way. If they can harass all the bad influences on JDG's life on public TV, that would be great!
swoop42
Been liked: 3 times

Post by swoop42 »

The penalty is what most expected to be handed down I assume and given the continual rumour and innuendo about de Goey's off field activities across a number of years (a lot of which the club would be privy to unlike us) I guess the club thought it was the only option available to them.

Just like we saw with Luke Hodge I just hope we are sensible enough to have different rules for different players and situations the next time a player penalty needs to be handed down.

To be honest when I take one look at the photo below of a player electing to get some his and hers skulls on their stomach with the possible wording of "roll the dice" on a hip I can't help but feel the club are working with a gangster wannabe so who knows what the future holds for him.

Two chances down now Jordan so it's time to decide whether you want to be the next Colin Sylvia or Dustin Martin (who's still a knob IMO).

Roll the dice again Jordan and it might just come up snake eyes for you.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
He's mad. He's bad. He's MaynHARD!
Woods

Post by Woods »

K wrote:
Woods wrote:John Ralph from the Herald_sun tweeting that De Goey was "drunk as ten men at Albion Hotel party this month". ( https://twitter.com/RalphyHeraldSun/sta ... 9787265029 )

I would be surprised, but in a good way. If they can harass all the bad influences on JDG's life on public TV, that would be great!
Was just thinking that A Current Affair is Chan 9; Eddie is Chan 9.

Wonder what phone calls Eddie's been making this arvo?
K
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 17 times

Post by K »

^^^
Make it happen! Scare the sh** out of the bad influences, so they don't dare go near JDG.

It was just on Ch. 9 news (~6:05). To my mind, Pendlebury & Sidebottom both looked and sounded considerably annoyed. If I may say so, the latter seemed very Steely.
stui magpie
Has liked: 74 times
Been liked: 77 times

Post by stui magpie »

swoop42 wrote:The penalty is what most expected to be handed down I assume and given the continual rumour and innuendo about de Goey's off field activities across a number of years (a lot of which the club would be privy to unlike us) I guess the club thought it was the only option available to them.

Just like we saw with Luke Hodge I just hope we are sensible enough to have different rules for different players and situations the next time a player penalty needs to be handed down.

To be honest when I take one look at the photo below of a player electing to get some his and hers skulls on their stomach with the possible wording of "roll the dice" on a hip I can't help but feel the club are working with a gangster wannabe so who knows what the future holds for him.

Two chances down now Jordan so it's time to decide whether you want to be the next Colin Sylvia or Dustin Martin (who's still a knob IMO).

Roll the dice again Jordan and it might just come up snake eyes for you.
For a 21 year old athlete I'm not seeing a lot of muscle definition there
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.