#19 Nick Davis

Player President threads here thanks.

Moderator: bbmods

Lockyer24

Post by Lockyer24 »

You can only have so much "enigmatic" talent on the forward line and I think the trade off of Williams for Davis has worked well.

Tarrant, Davis, Didak will provide the magic whilst Molloy, Betheras and Williams the grunt. Its looking a very sharp combination of forwards.
angel

Post by angel »

i think if we had kept him he would have been used more up the ground in the 2001 role than simply in the forward line. He has more pace than Willo, last year he couldn't run but look at some of his dashes from previous years.

Pies light up my world. Davis was the next big thing but now it will be Didak or Cole. Go Pies!
angel

Post by angel »

I thought we traded Adkins for Willo. Davis was for Nixon. Anyway isn't the guy on the forward line whose place is in danger Josh Fraser??

Pies light up my world. Davis was the next big thing but now it will be Didak or Cole. Go Pies!
Cuthbert Collingwood

Nick Davis

Post by Cuthbert Collingwood »

McRae for Governor-General!
ad4eva

Post by ad4eva »

Durring 2002 you got the feeling that he really didnt want to be there and now i see that its because he thought he was much better than he actually was, esoecially playing around all the young kids like fraser, didak, davis, johnson, cloke ect... Not forgetting that he was just a kid too! but one with a much bigger head!

im glad he has pulled his head in a bit because i really liked him at collingwood

good luck to him and i hope we win a couple of flags to show him what he missed insted of one meesly flag in Sydney
bazdaddy

Post by bazdaddy »

He was a pain in the arse, we probly could have got more for him how ever, but in the end have we missedhim that much, hardly. He's really only done the one thing for them, given it did get them as far as they got, but he never got them to the finals. He's a mumy's boy let him be.
The black & white jumper, worn by heroes worshipped by millions.
London Dave

Post by London Dave »

He's gone, get over it.
Johnson#26

Post by Johnson#26 »

Agree with LD.

Its just sad, however. We gave him a start, but he just didn't go on with it. I recall he said he wanted to remain at Victoria Park for 2003, but then went.

Oh well - good luck to him with the Swans, he has done well so far. Can't hide from the fact that he is a brilliant footballer.
Magpiefan3

Post by Magpiefan3 »

He lives on Junk Food.
2016 Player Sponsor for Travis Varcoe

2017-2019 Player Sponsor for Lynden Dunn
stui magpie
Has liked: 71 times
Been liked: 73 times

Post by stui magpie »

He's the kind of prick who will wander around with a smug expression on his head thinking/knowing how good he could have been if he had of been willing to work.

Hope those happy thoughts keep him warm at night when he grows up, is too old to get paid to play football, realises he's squandered everything and suddenly has to work at something in order to afford to buy food.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
Magpiefan3

Post by Magpiefan3 »

Do u remember in 2003 when we played Sydney in round 6 and he kicked the winning goal against us.

Canberra

Post by Canberra »

If you base your opinions on GF performances,who would you prefer?
Tarrant,who didn't kick a goal in 2002 or Nick Davis who got a bit of it?
Leon,who didn't bother the stats men at all in 2002,or Nick Davis?

Get real,just for once. He did serve us well. He did play a lot of good games for us. Do you categorise people like Licuria,Molloy,Steinfort,Freeborn.Clement or Holland the same way? They all left their original clubs to play for us. Do you tar them with the same brush? If you don't then drop the topic. All this hand wringing about Davis is a waste of time and a waste of bandwidth.
Do not adjust your mind. The fault is in reality.
stui magpie
Has liked: 71 times
Been liked: 73 times

Post by stui magpie »

Canberra wrote:If you base your opinions on GF performances,who would you prefer?
Tarrant,who didn't kick a goal in 2002 or Nick Davis who got a bit of it?
Leon,who didn't bother the stats men at all in 2002,or Nick Davis?

Get real,just for once. He did serve us well. He did play a lot of good games for us. Do you categorise people like Licuria,Molloy,Steinfort,Freeborn.Clement or Holland the same way? They all left their original clubs to play for us. Do you tar them with the same brush? If you don't then drop the topic. All this hand wringing about Davis is a waste of time and a waste of bandwidth.
I for one, don't believe I'm tarring him in any way or wringing my hands over him leaving.

yes, he was a good player for us,
yes he left,
yes I was P155'd when he did,
yes I'm over it well and truly now,
Yes if you read the article, he's a big headed, lazy knob who may never get close to making the best of his ability and who may have real isses adjusting to a world without football one day.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
Zeke

Post by Zeke »

Who cares.

Seriously.

He's a disinterested, lazy former Magpie who is and probably always will be defined by one quarter of football.

Why do we waste Collingwood bandwidth on him?
There are so many site rules and regulations I no longer know what I can and can't put in this signature.
Magpiefan3

Post by Magpiefan3 »

he lives on KFC i liked him at collingwood but hate him now.