2011 Ultimate footy league

For all Super Coaches and Team Dreamers....discuss your teams and competitions here.

Moderator: bbmods

Fire Up

Post by Fire Up »

OUCH 1st shock in finals. (well the main finals)

5150 OUT! always next year baz.

see there was method in my madness the last round before finals. IF i put a decent team on i would of been playing in that match up.
mattys123

Post by mattys123 »

Woo hoo, into the Grand Final, when's the parade? :lol:

Close prelim though, I ended up winning by 10 points, ironically thanks to Fletcher pulling out late and Rhyce Shaw getting 88 points as my first back emergency.

I'll be the under dog in the final though, Dog Days is racking up big scores, I will need some luck to win the big one.
Fire Up

Post by Fire Up »

babylove beat me in the prelim. but ive been playing 1 player short for most of the year as there is no one to pick. ahh well looks like my dt and sc teams did well

Post by 5150 »

Fire Up wrote:babylove beat me in the prelim. but ive been playing 1 player short for most of the year as there is no one to pick. ahh well looks like my dt and sc teams did well
your team sucked all year.
woftam

Post by woftam »

Finished 3rd overall. Happy with that seeing I really didn't understand the game at the beginning. Would be nice to only allow players who will participate all season next year.
Fire Up

Post by Fire Up »

5150 wrote:
Fire Up wrote:babylove beat me in the prelim. but ive been playing 1 player short for most of the year as there is no one to pick. ahh well looks like my dt and sc teams did well
:P as did yours. :lol:
Fire Up

Post by Fire Up »

i won the tipping comp. :lol: yay. there was no competition towards the end :P

Post by 5150 »

Fire Up wrote:
5150 wrote:
:P as did yours. :lol:
no comment. :cry:

Post by 5150 »

woftam wrote:Finished 3rd overall. Happy with that seeing I really didn't understand the game at the beginning. Would be nice to only allow players who will participate all season next year.
Yep, one of the best parts is trading (especially with suckers like fire up :P ) and all those decent players just going to waste when they should have been in a 5150 jumper...
Fire Up

Post by Fire Up »

5150 wrote:
woftam wrote:Finished 3rd overall. Happy with that seeing I really didn't understand the game at the beginning. Would be nice to only allow players who will participate all season next year.
Yep, one of the best parts is trading (especially with suckers like fire up :P ) and all those decent players just going to waste when they should have been in a 5150 jumper...
the only sucker was you. :P :lol:

i went futher into finals then you did.

my centre line was good with a few decent forwards.
woftam

Post by woftam »

So tell me - Is it a decent advantage to follow your draft live at the beginning of the year rather than select a bunch of players & hope some of them make it to your team? If yes how much time do you get to make a selection?

Post by 5150 »

woftam wrote:So tell me - Is it a decent advantage to follow your draft live at the beginning of the year rather than select a bunch of players & hope some of them make it to your team? If yes how much time do you get to make a selection?
The thing with the live draft is...

Guaranteed the player you have lined up with your next pick gets taken just before your pick and you have 2 minutes to scramble through and find someone else either decent or for the position you require to fill.

And thats why I like it! :D :D