The great big, consolidated Mitch Clark thread

All trade and draft talk here thanks..... this means you DTM!!!!

Moderator: bbmods

Piesnchess
Has liked: 178 times
Been liked: 72 times

Post by Piesnchess »

We are cashed up now, heaps of room In cap, go for a really big fish for once, just once.!
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
The Boy Who Cried Wolf

Post by The Boy Who Cried Wolf »

Piesnchess wrote:We are cashed up now, heaps of room In cap, go for a really big fish for once, just once.!
Maybe better to keep a war chest for next year, our window is so very narrow right now it's almost not worth it imho - we should just tighten the belt, take the blows and rebuild for a better tomorrow.
All Aboard!! Choo Choo!!!
Az

Post by Az »

The Boy Who Cried Wolf wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:We are cashed up now, heaps of room In cap, go for a really big fish for once, just once.!
Maybe better to keep a war chest for next year, our window is so very narrow right now it's almost not worth it imho - we should just tighten the belt, take the blows and rebuild for a better tomorrow.
Agreed. Clark is hardly the answer to our prayers right now, and throwing all our money at him would be a giant mistake. Would certainly be a great addition to our forward line, but would rather be saving that $$ to pull off something special.
sixpoints

Post by sixpoints »

RudeBoy wrote:
Neil Appleby wrote:
AN_Inkling wrote:He's actually spent two days in Geelong!

When choosing a club, spending time in the area of course makes sense. I wouldn't consider missing out on his signature a great loss anyway. We have bigger fish to fry.
Yeah, but I believe one of those days involved visiting Deakin with his wife who needs to choose a University. Everybody knows that Geelong's Deaking beats the pants off Melbourne and Monash at medicine. But didn't Mitch spend 3 days at the Westpac Centre?

I say pass anyway, always thought he was disingenuous in the extreme after his dealings with Brisbane.

As a Deakin University lecturer I can tell you that if his missus reckons she'd rather study medicine at Geelong instead of Melbourne or Monash she must be crazier than he is. Maybe they both have mental health issues. :roll:
Glad someone else picked that up.
Deakin's 6 year old Medical course "beats the pants off", the 100+ year old course at Melbourne & the 50 year old one at Monash?? I know what diploma I'd rather see on the wall of the operating theatre as they wheel me in & it sure ain't one from Geelong!
Darkstranger

Post by Darkstranger »

So basically no new information on the whole Clark saga???? He will be finished in 2 or 3 years time if not earlier and we won't be in flag contention anyway, so save it for the big one!
Dave The Man
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Dave The Man »

If he has changed his mind in the last week - Stuff Him
I am Da Man
Lazza

Post by Lazza »

Dave The Man wrote:If he has changed his mind in the last week - Stuff Him
Good on you Dave. Totally agree with you mate. Let's get the next one.
Piesnchess

Post by Piesnchess »

Lazza wrote:

DANGERFIELD, DANGERFIELD, DANGERFIELD, DANGERFIELD.

GOT IT, GOOD. :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea:
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

The Prototype

Post by The Prototype »

I don't think Clark has changed his mind at all, entertaining offers from places and will decide which suits him better. If it's us, great, and if he plays some great footy even better. If not, well no big loss, just go after someone else.

So I think all along Clark had teams in mind where he was going to go, but has now narrowed it down and will decide when he's ready and then we can get the ball rolling.

Maybe what has Collingwood slightly ahead is the readiness to deal, I think Clark also wants the Dees not to lose out as well. So maybe that could sway things a bit more in the favour of the Pies. but who knows really.
CarringbushCigar
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 7 times

Post by CarringbushCigar »

Piesnchess

Post by Piesnchess »

stui magpie
Has liked: 71 times
Been liked: 73 times

Post by stui magpie »

^

yep, good ideas like trading jesse White last year when we only got him last year. :? :P
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
Bob Sugar

Post by Bob Sugar »

Defender...........

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
collie dog

Post by collie dog »

Piesnchess wrote:
Lazza wrote:

Three words. Absolutely no chance!

Dangerfield is not going anywhere. Brisbane has already dug its heels in and said Beams for Pick 4 and nothing else, so the supposed extended trade that sees Beams go to Brisbane and us winding up with Dangerfield is just not going to happen.
Rain or hail, I wag my tail
Bob Sugar

Post by Bob Sugar »

collie dog wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
Lazza wrote: Good on you Dave. Totally agree with you mate. Let's get the next one.

Three words. Absolutely no chance!

Dangerfield is not going anywhere. Brisbane has already dug its heels in and said Beams for Pick 4 and nothing else, so the supposed extended trade that sees Beams go to Brisbane and us winding up with Dangerfield is just not going to happen.
The club won't let Beams go for pick 4 only, it would be a PR disaster, reckon we'd rather keep him for next year in the hope of changing his mind.
Defender...........

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.