#27, #7 Ben Kennedy

Player President threads here thanks.

Moderator: bbmods

loki04

Post by loki04 »

AN_Inkling wrote:Looks a lot like Crisp as a prospect, 188cm quick and hard at it. No idea if he's any good though, again just like Crisp.
Crisp bit more power in his play bigger build and also a bit more grunt.

Not a fan of Young.
Up the Mighty Mags 2016.
magpieazza

Post by magpieazza »

Moore was a pick 9 and looks good to me, big bodied too.
Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero.
Cam
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 22 times

Post by Cam »

Pebbles Rocks wrote:
kymbo5@yahoo.com.au wrote:
inxs88 wrote:Kennedy is contracted so does give the club some leverage. If the Dees and Ben are determined to "hook up" am sure we could parlay a deal for Howe or god forbid J Watts!
I like this idea. Not a lot to lose for either party here. Kind of speculative trades.
Howe is a free agent so there will not be a trade involved. It's all about the cash fir him.
Personally I would have a crack at Watts in this deal. He is 24 versatile and 6foot 5".
Sure he has had a poor attitude at times but he is highly skilled. A fresh start might be exactly what he needs.
Many guys that tall don't really show much until their mid twenties so he should get better.
Having said all that, if Hine does not think he has the capacity to harden up then don't bother
You are talking about Mr "I don't think I'm up to playing this week Roosy" Watts... Pass.
Get back on top.
Culprit
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 30 times

Post by Culprit »

Pebbles Rocks wrote:
kymbo5@yahoo.com.au wrote:
inxs88 wrote:Kennedy is contracted so does give the club some leverage. If the Dees and Ben are determined to "hook up" am sure we could parlay a deal for Howe or god forbid J Watts!
I like this idea. Not a lot to lose for either party here. Kind of speculative trades.
Howe is a free agent so there will not be a trade involved. It's all about the cash fir him.
Personally I would have a crack at Watts in this deal. He is 24 versatile and 6foot 5".
Sure he has had a poor attitude at times but he is highly skilled. A fresh start might be exactly what he needs.
Many guys that tall don't really show much until their mid twenties so he should get better.
Having said all that, if Hine does not think he has the capacity to harden up then don't bother
Jack Watts would fit perfectly in our team. I am all for that deal.
Deja Vu

Post by Deja Vu »

woftam wrote:
Pebbles Rocks wrote:
kymbo5@yahoo.com.au wrote: I like this idea. Not a lot to lose for either party here. Kind of speculative trades.
Pretty sure Howe is not a free agent & a trade would need to be done for him to move clubs.
Correct. Not a free agent
thebaldfacts

Post by thebaldfacts »

Dermie's take on Howe is as a forward he needs to learn to play in front. Always starts from behind, so is a bit of a one trick pony.

Other than seeing him take hangers, really don't know too much so have to take at face value what Dermie said. Definitely not worth $600K though.
slangman
Has liked: 23 times
Been liked: 9 times

Post by slangman »

thebaldfacts wrote:Always starts from behind
So he would fit into our forward line nicely then
- Side By Side -
magpieazza

Ben Kennedy is worth more than pick 61!!

Post by magpieazza »

Pick 19 in 2012 and N.Brown casually says he is worth a pick 61 that Melbourne have at their disposal.

Lets not down play this, he is basically a first rounder and some clubs rated Kennedy highly. I think he is going to play quality footy when he settles in and Collingwood are not pushing him out the door!
Look at his bio on the official CFC site, its a great write up on him.

Melbourne have pick 25 and 43 at their disposal. 25 could be around the mark, considering he has had three years development at our club, no injuries to talk about is there.
Commentators opinions are just that, an opinion, but they have to watch what they say because they could influence a players value.
Pick 61 is ridiculous!
Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero.
thompsoc

Post by thompsoc »

Keep him.
The guy has guts and determination.
Pity about his disposal skills.
Pick 61 is a joke.
3 years of development and offering pick 61.
we don't eat our own at collingwood we just allow them to foul our nest.
3rd degree

Post by 3rd degree »

Nathan Brown is a manicured sook , ignore!
" Ohhh Banksy and out comes the Note Book".

www.facebook/the hybernators
John Wren

Re: Ben Kennedy is worth more than pick 61!!

Post by John Wren »

magpieazza wrote:Pick 19 in 2012 and N.Brown casually says he is worth a pick 61 that Melbourne have at their disposal.

Lets not down play this, he is basically a first rounder and some clubs rated Kennedy highly. I think he is going to play quality footy when he settles in and Collingwood are not pushing him out the door!
Look at his bio on the official CFC site, its a great write up on him.

Melbourne have pick 25 and 43 at their disposal. 25 could be around the mark, considering he has had three years development at our club, no injuries to talk about is there.
Commentators opinions are just that, an opinion, but they have to watch what they say because they could influence a players value.
Pick 61 is ridiculous!
not sure how you believe kenno to be a first rounder. if the priority picks were not in place who would we have picked up instead? i doubt it would have been kenno. that's not a knock on him but i am sure we would have gone for someone else.
Purveyor of sanctimonious twaddle.
MightyMagpie

Post by MightyMagpie »

Unless relationship has totally broken down I can't see us trading him for 61. I would have thought a pick in the 20s otherwise we tell him Melbourne don't value him as much as we do, he can play 2016 with us and if he still wants out after that we will agree to trade him to a club of his choice for a 4th rounder.
All We Can Be
jackcass

Post by jackcass »

MightyMagpie wrote:Unless relationship has totally broken down I can't see us trading him for 61. I would have thought a pick in the 20s otherwise we tell him Melbourne don't value him as much as we do, he can play 2016 with us and if he still wants out after that we will agree to trade him to a club of his choice for a 4th rounder.
Yep, club giving his manager permission to explore options doesn't mean the club won't simply enforce the contract and keep him for 2016. For mine uncontracted players, the destination club hold the upper hand, contracted players, the source club do unless they are trying to move the player on. If they want him then they need to be realistic in their offers.
Lazza

Post by Lazza »

jackcass wrote:Yep, club giving his manager permission to explore options doesn't mean the club won't simply enforce the contract and keep him for 2016. For mine uncontracted players, the destination club hold the upper hand, contracted players, the source club do. If they want him then they need to be realistic in their offers.
Yep makes sense.

Nothing numerically higher than around pick 35 for him I say.
Don't confuse your current path with your final destination. Just because it's dark and stormy now doesn't meant that you aren't headed for glorious sunshine!
jackcass

Post by jackcass »

Lazza wrote:
jackcass wrote:Yep, club giving his manager permission to explore options doesn't mean the club won't simply enforce the contract and keep him for 2016. For mine uncontracted players, the destination club hold the upper hand, contracted players, the source club do. If they want him then they need to be realistic in their offers.
Yep makes sense.

Nothing numerically higher than around pick 35 for him I say.
Yeah, their 2nd round pick seems appropriate, their 3rd to low.