Post Match. Pies thumped by Cats. All comments, please.

Match previews, reviews, reports and discussion.

Moderator: bbmods

The Boy Who Cried Wolf

Post by The Boy Who Cried Wolf »

I see Ross Lyon as a likely type too
All Aboard!! Choo Choo!!!
Johnno75
Been liked: 16 times

Post by Johnno75 »

Mr Miyagi wrote:
Medieval wrote:Hopefully the AFL gives us a gift with next year’s fixture after shafting us (we officially had the 2nd hardest draw after Hawthorn) this year. And get Robbie Tarrant to bolster the backline. He’ll cost us nothing. Sign him for 2 years.
Absolutely. We got shafted with the draw this year. Remember that nightmare month of 4 day breaks playing opposition who had a week.
Ah nope given our miracle win last week we finish 6th this in the top 3rd so if we go back to a 22 game season expect another difficult draw.
Human behavioural studies suggest people who use a lot of swear words tend to be more honest & trustworthy.
PyreneesPie
Has liked: 66 times

Post by PyreneesPie »

Magpietothemax wrote:Yeah, Cam, too true. And what this year has shown, in headlights, is that we are very poor in coping with, and managing, chaotic and unpredictable scenarios. Other clubs are far better.
Which other clubs would those be MTTM? It is widely acknowledged that we had the worst draw, as others here have pointed out, yet we were still able to finish sixth. The teams still remaining have all had far easier ride through the season than we did.
I think we showed quite clearly last week that we can manage chaotic and unsettling scenarios. Many external commentators said we were 'broken" by what Mr Miyagi describes as the "nightmare month of 4 day breaks". Yet we managed to overcome that by winning an elimination final against the odds.

Having to travel back across the country while Geelong enjoyed a settled preparation was the straw that finally broke the camel's back .... understandably after all that preceded it.
5 from the wing on debut

Post by 5 from the wing on debut »

thebaldfacts wrote:Bucks intimated that hub life probably impacted Grundy more than others as he likes to get away from footy but it was not possible with the hub life.

This may have impacted his form.

Also said they wanted to give Will Kelly more games as they see him as a likely type.
So was he indicating that Grundy is mentally weak? I hope it was a physical, not mental, problem that he was hampered by.
Piesnchess
Has liked: 178 times
Been liked: 72 times

Post by Piesnchess »

The Boy Who Cried Wolf wrote:I see Ross Lyon as a likely type too

NO, his game plan is like watching paint dry. Id like Luke Hodge, a total winner, when Bucks time is up. Hes a pupil of Clarkson, too.
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Johnno75
Been liked: 16 times

Post by Johnno75 »

I’d go for Craig Bellamy, proven for many many years and well with RL when they do kick it’s always forwards.
Human behavioural studies suggest people who use a lot of swear words tend to be more honest & trustworthy.
Magpietothemax
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 15 times

Post by Magpietothemax »

PyreneesPie wrote:
Magpietothemax wrote:Yeah, Cam, too true. And what this year has shown, in headlights, is that we are very poor in coping with, and managing, chaotic and unpredictable scenarios. Other clubs are far better.
Which other clubs would those be MTTM? It is widely acknowledged that we had the worst draw, as others here have pointed out, yet we were still able to finish sixth. The teams still remaining have all had far easier ride through the season than we did.
I think we showed quite clearly last week that we can manage chaotic and unsettling scenarios. Many external commentators said we were 'broken" by what Mr Miyagi describes as the "nightmare month of 4 day breaks". Yet we managed to overcome that by winning an elimination final against the odds.

Having to travel back across the country while Geelong enjoyed a settled preparation was the straw that finally broke the camel's back .... understandably after all that preceded it.
We had to travel back across the country because that is part of the deal when you finish outside top 4. Simple. That is not an excuse.
Other teams managed far better the birth of children, with players able to attend the birth and get back for the final.
Bucks playing tennis and breaking restrictions was absurd. I am not moralising, I am just pointing out a lack of professionalism, which is what I am allluding to here.
Free Julian Assange!!
Ice in the veins
masoncox
Been liked: 3 times

Post by masoncox »

thebaldfacts wrote:Bucks intimated that hub life probably impacted Grundy more than others as he likes to get away from footy but it was not possible with the hub life.

Also said they wanted to give Will Kelly more games as they see him as a likely type.
Oh poor Grundy.
Stuck up in queensland with the sun and the surf and no corona virus.
And here is me..... stuck in a 5 kilometer radius, working from home ....educating 2 kids from home. No restaurants and no shops and listening day after day to Dan.
Poor Grund dog.... I actually feel sorry for him.
He is not interested in footy...
It is a job to him... nothing is more certain.
He is a limited player.
6 more long years to go
Magpietothemax

Post by Magpietothemax »

Piesnchess wrote:

NO, his game plan is like watching paint dry. Id like Luke Hodge, a total winner, when Bucks time is up. Hes a pupil of Clarkson, too.
Ross Lyon??? You must be joking.
Free Julian Assange!!
Ice in the veins
Magpies035

Post by Magpies035 »

Totally embarrassing
As good as last week was and I will give the club and the coach credit. It just has been a decline in progress forward. Maybe the premiership window has closed for this team.
We need to reset our gameplan. We came oh so close in 2018 but unfortunately now we are behind the leading clubs in the league

Simply the review we had hasn’t worked
Our fitness and rehabilitation has been terrible
How long do we give Buckley. Does he have 2021 then we decide

A premiership is all I want

We need change
Coaching staff
Fitness program
Gameplan

It’s been 10 years
5 years waiting to allow Buckley to get the team he wanted
5 years of trying and oh how close we came. No premiership

Are we at the crossroads
It’s going to be an interesting off season
2021 wow
What will we do!!!!
The Great Macedonian Marvel
Adz

Post by Adz »

160 days til round 1
Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 48 times
Been liked: 113 times

Post by Mr Miyagi »

I’d rather follow another team than have Ross Lyon coach us
Magpietothemax

Post by Magpietothemax »

Magpies035 wrote:Totally embarrassing
As good as last week was and I will give the club and the coach credit. It just has been a decline in progress forward. Maybe the premiership window has closed for this team.
We need to reset our gameplan. We came oh so close in 2018 but unfortunately now we are behind the leading clubs in the league

Simply the review we had hasn’t worked
Our fitness and rehabilitation has been terrible
How long do we give Buckley. Does he have 2021 then we decide

A premiership is all I want

We need change
Coaching staff
Fitness program
Gameplan

It’s been 10 years
5 years waiting to allow Buckley to get the team he wanted
5 years of trying and oh how close we came. No premiership

Are we at the crossroads
It’s going to be an interesting off season
2021 wow
What will we do!!!!
Agree !! Excellent summary, Magpies035. We are indeed at a crossroads.
Free Julian Assange!!
Ice in the veins
Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 48 times
Been liked: 113 times

Post by Mr Miyagi »

Last edited by Mr Miyagi on Sat Oct 10, 2020 11:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Magpietothemax

Post by Magpietothemax »

masoncox wrote:

Oh poor Grundy.
Stuck up in queensland with the sun and the surf and no corona virus.
And here is me..... stuck in a 5 kilometer radius, working from home ....educating 2 kids from home. No restaurants and no shops and listening day after day to Dan.
Poor Grund dog.... I actually feel sorry for him.
He is not interested in footy...

It is a job to him... nothing is more certain.
He is a limited player.
6 more long years to go
Sorry Mason, that is way off the mark in my opinion. Grundy is a victim of our own ineptitude in managing him. Bucks said: He kept putting his hand up... so we selected him. WTF?? Why did we not say, no Brodie, we are going to rest you this week, OR, Ok, but we will play Darcy Cameron as a support ruck to give you only 50% game time??
According to Bucks, it is Grundy's fault that we mismanaged him, because he kept putting his hand up.
I am just enraged at what Bucks has said at his presser. All to do with palming off responsiblity on to the players, with the veneer of being "caring"
Lay off Grundy. He is not the issue. It is a coaching/selection issue.
Last edited by Magpietothemax on Sat Oct 10, 2020 11:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Free Julian Assange!!
Ice in the veins