#2 Jordan De Goey

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

Dave The Man
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Dave The Man »

Love his Accuracy in front of goal too
I am Da Man
3rd degree

Post by 3rd degree »

Great work ethic, hard as nails his second efforts are brillant.
" Ohhh Banksy and out comes the Note Book".

www.facebook/the hybernators
Bob Sugar

Post by Bob Sugar »

Looks like we've got a live one on our hands guys.
Defender...........

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
BazBoy
Been liked: 29 times

Post by BazBoy »

Some one said he was part of Jack Crisp steak knives --well we got Sterling Silver ones
with Crisp and De Goey we got Scotch Fillet instead of Chopped Liver.
When these two stand with the "other silverware" be the banquet we have waited for
I'm not arguing--just explaining why i am right
roar
Been liked: 3 times

Post by roar »

Seems to have all the tools and is really hard at it. When his body matures, he'll be a beast. Very much like Fyfe, IMO.
kill for collingwood!
Collingwood Crackerjack

Post by Collingwood Crackerjack »

Looks like he belongs, and that's all you can ask.

He is not quick in the Jetta sense, but he is no Shane O'Bree either
MOTR

Post by MOTR »

watt price tully wrote:
stui magpie wrote:
watt price tully wrote:Does some nice things, did some nice things but he's a bit slow from what I've seen & doesn't get too many touches. Having said that HFF can be a hard position to play.

Last night would have been a great experience for him. I'm still yet to be convinced that he is a no. 5 pick but I'm hoping he will prove me wrong.
Interesting. The bloke reporting for the Aged disagrees.
And Collingwood is quick. Paul Seedsman and Jordan de Goey in particular made everyone on the ground look slow at times.
http://www.theage.com.au/afl/collingwoo ... hy0q8.html
I've always said there are two opinions in this world: my ones & wrong ones.

TBH I'm surprised to read that as the times I've seen JDG pace has not been one of his attributes.

Seedsman is fast & can be fast.

JDG is a footballer rather than an athlete in that type of dichotomy despite his relatively late entry to AFL footy as a kid. He's a natural footy player in many respects, knows where the ball is. I don't think of him as a speedster though.
Heater's never been fast and he's never looked like an athlete. Yet he's always looked like a gun footballer. DeGoey is in the same class with more speed and a superior running style. Not sure what you're worried about.
Be Staunch, Be Proud, Be Collingwood
Mugwump

Post by Mugwump »

Member 7167 wrote:
watt price tully wrote:Does some nice things, did some nice things but he's a bit slow from what I've seen & doesn't get too many touches. Having said that HFF can be a hard position to play.

Last night would have been a great experience for him. I'm still yet to be convinced that he is a no. 5 pick but I'm hoping he will prove me wrong.
I think his natural talent and hardness will limit any adverse effects of his speed issue.

I think that he will be a genuine A greader when he comes of age.
In the 3rd Qtr he sped away from a pursuing tackler and screwed teh ball across to Blair who took a mark and goaled. JdG's ability to do that was pure pace. So his foot speed is more than fine. He has looked slow to react to teh pressure at AFL Level, occasionally, but most new arrivals do that til they get used to it.
Two more flags before I die!
droversdog65

Post by droversdog65 »

Has all the tools and a sensational attitude towards his team mates and in particular the coach.

Starting to get the feel of the AFL game now and is starting to relax enough to do some truly NICE things, like contesting a mark then hitting the ground and twisting away to kick a running goal. Last night was another glimpse with a growing vision and decision making bank - he absolutely nailed that screw accross the body to give Blair his chance.
Bob Sugar

Post by Bob Sugar »

That screw kick he did to Blair was harder than it looked, at full pace under pressure with a slippery ball, was very impressive, and damn, I'm not even sure what foot he kicks with naturally, if he did that on his opposite then WOW!!
Defender...........

You like this.
Deja Vu

Post by Deja Vu »

When he kicked it to Blair he actually goose stepped. It wasn't pace that got him past the defender it was guile.

Can't teach that. He's not a speedster but he's not slow either.

Going to be really good. In the Selwood mould IMO
Bob Sugar

Post by Bob Sugar »

Deja Vu wrote:When he kicked it to Blair he actually goose stepped. It wasn't pace that got him past the defender it was guile.

Can't teach that. He's not a speedster but he's not slow either.

Going to be really good. In the Selwood mould IMO
Showed great vision too.

Dear Scum, we'll see your Cribbs and raise you a Degoey!!!
Defender...........

You like this.
melliot

Post by melliot »

Defender wrote:That screw kick he did to Blair was harder than it looked, at full pace under pressure with a slippery ball, was very impressive, and damn, I'm not even sure what foot he kicks with naturally, if he did that on his opposite then WOW!!
He's natural right foot and that kick was with his left iirc.

I was completely sold on him and saw a future A grader or better after watching him in the vfl in Bendigo against Geelong.

He hasn't played vfl since.

He does have Fyfe elements to his game.
Bob Sugar

Post by Bob Sugar »

melliot wrote:
Defender wrote:That screw kick he did to Blair was harder than it looked, at full pace under pressure with a slippery ball, was very impressive, and damn, I'm not even sure what foot he kicks with naturally, if he did that on his opposite then WOW!!
He's natural right foot and that kick was with his left iirc.

I was completely sold on him and saw a future A grader or better after watching him in the vfl in Bendigo against Geelong.

He hasn't played vfl since.

He does have Fyfe elements to his game.
Giddy up then. ⭐️
Defender...........

You like this.
swoop42
Been liked: 3 times

Post by swoop42 »

Was barely sighted in the first half but had an improved second half.

We all know he has genuine talent and is hard at it but naturally for a first year player is a fair way off the player he'll eventually become.

Competition for spots is only going to get hotter from here so he'll do well to remain in the side over the next month.
He's mad. He's bad. He's MaynHARD!