#15 Nathan Kreuger

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

stui magpie
Has liked: 71 times
Been liked: 73 times

Post by stui magpie »

Give him another preseason, they guy is a fkn kamikaze, love his attitude.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
23 YIPPEE!!!

Post by 23 YIPPEE!!! »

Well not quite looking like his season is done bummer
Rd10.1998_11.1#36
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Rd10.1998_11.1#36 »

So it wasn’t our “rock hard” training track after all?
BazBoy
Been liked: 29 times

Post by BazBoy »

A long shot to slip him in

McCrae out for Tay

Anyone out for Krueger
I'm not arguing--just explaining why i am right
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

For mine, Kreuger is purely back up for now for Johnson or Checkers. Now that we know he's fit and able to play, he's first in if either of those pick up an injury.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
BazBoy

Post by BazBoy »

BazBoy

Post by BazBoy »

Ponders the thoughts of just for finals could they have 2 medical subs

Any thoughts
Boot
Been liked: 3 times

Post by Boot »

In my opinion Nathan Kruger looked a long way off an AFL return in his return game at the VFL elimination final vs Carlton last Sunday. Great that he has recovered from his shoulder injury and to get back on the field. However he clearly needs a full preseason to develop his fitness and strength as well as regain the football touch to enable him to become the KPF we all hope he will develop into.
His aggression on field is admirable but he does appear to be playing with a kamikaze attitude that is writing cheques that his body might not be able to clear. Hence he may continue to struggle with remaining fit enough to get any continuity to be an on-going asset for Collingwood. Hopefully his natural maturing and experience will optimize his aggression to be more sustainable and productive as a viable option for the Collingwood forward line.
Collingwood Domination. Envy of the Nation!
Skids
Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 30 times

Post by Skids »

Agree totally Boot. A long way off pressing for selection... who would he replace? I'd give Henry a run if an opportunity arose, long before the glass man. In 5 seasons, he's played 37 games of football for; South Adelaide, Geelong and Collingwood.
Don't count the days, make the days count.
Jezza
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 191 times

Post by Jezza »

Boot wrote:In my opinion Nathan Kruger looked a long way off an AFL return in his return game at the VFL elimination final vs Carlton last Sunday. Great that he has recovered from his shoulder injury and to get back on the field. However he clearly needs a full preseason to develop his fitness and strength as well as regain the football touch to enable him to become the KPF we all hope he will develop into.
His aggression on field is admirable but he does appear to be playing with a kamikaze attitude that is writing cheques that his body might not be able to clear. Hence he may continue to struggle with remaining fit enough to get any continuity to be an on-going asset for Collingwood. Hopefully his natural maturing and experience will optimize his aggression to be more sustainable and productive as a viable option for the Collingwood forward line.
Agree with this.

He doesn't look ready to return for finals footy unless we're really short on options.

I worry about his career longevity as well. I admire his aggression and attack on the ball, but it's making him prone to injuries.
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆
LaurieHolden
Has liked: 147 times
Been liked: 151 times

Post by LaurieHolden »

Kreuger is at risk of joining the collection of short stories on Collingwood careers cut short by injury. Not since Lee Walker, Sean Rusling and Nathan Freeman has someone endured such a hapless start to his career. All had promise, but like a car restoration project, it was keeping them running reliably that was the issue.

His first season debut stalled at the lights, post accepting a one-game suspension after his bump on former GWS captain Callan Ward in a 2022 pre-season match.
Then looking promising in his debut game against Adelaide in R2 with two goals, unfortunately he left the game prematurely due to a left shoulder subluxation.
Then came the ANZAC Day injury, effectively ruling him out for the 2022 season, but post 15 weeks, the Club felt he had recovered sufficently to return for the Qualifying Final against Geelong, but was clearly underdone and had little impact.
He then finished 2022 out coming on as the medical sub for Mason Cox, against Sydney in the Preliminary Final.

Roll into 2023, injured again, and undergone surgery to his time right shoulder, all before the season starts.
Given the recovery time lines post his previous surgeries, we won't see him re-build anywhere 100% fitness before the mid-season break, he'll then need to build match fitness through the VFL.
In a role that requires shoulder strength, and attacking the ball as reckless as he does, you start worrying if he succumbs to a third, if the Club will likely call time.

Until we see him recover from surgery, he's our HQ Holden restoration project with a tarp over it. But with the reality of the situation setting in, only the true believers think he'll run again one day, without breaking down.
"The Club's not Jock, Ted and Gerry" (& Eddie)
2023 AFL Premiers
23 YIPPEE!!!

Post by 23 YIPPEE!!! »

Kind of figered he did have surgery and hence thats why he will miss up to 5 or 6 rounds.
I think if theres a mid season trade period ill say if we can trade him.
Look the situation isnt getting better and this is becoming a liability.
I love the way he plays but i feel his style of play is why he is injured.
Time to maybe see if theres some one like him in the mid season trade.
Kruger was the the play i was looking forward to seeing getting out there and playinjg in 2023.
What a set back.
I am done with them too.
lazzadesilva
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 51 times

Post by lazzadesilva »

90 nice wrote: I am done with them too.
Okay fair enough 90, I get the frustration and the reason for your comments on Kruger. However I disagree about trading/delisting him and have a gut feeling that he will be extremely handy in the second half of the season. So either you or I will be right about him, let’s see what happens this year.
I term the current Collingwood attack based strategy “Unceasing Waves” like on a stormy and windy day with rough seas. A Perfect Storm ☔️
Pies2016
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 87 times

Post by Pies2016 »

The trade window for the 2023 season ( not post season ) is over.
Krueger remains a Collingwood player in 2023 unless both parties agree to terminate his contract and that wont happen.
I don’t see the fuss. It’s a long season and we have traded in McStay.
Krueger will get his chance through the season and if he doesn’t take it, then his future at the club can be reviewed at the end of the 2023 season.
Gary Player “ the harder I practice, the luckier I get “
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

Don't rush him. he's now had both shoulders done, as soon as he's medically ready get him into the gym with a specific program to strengthen the muscles around those shoulders. he can still do running and all training but no body contact until he can shirtfront a speeding tram and walk away.