Post Match. Pies win thriller. All comments.

Match previews, reviews, reports and discussion.

Moderator: bbmods

Bleedblackanwhite

Post by Bleedblackanwhite »

Might also add, Adelaide have been the most settled side all year, no major injuries to speak of.
Collingwood forever, forever Collingwood
mudlark

Post by mudlark »

Piesnchess wrote:ITS TIME to rest, manage Checkers, and unleash Krueger at FF, the hour hath come. Just do it.
And me. He's given not a lot in the last 4 or 5 weeks and Kreuger is starting to hit his straps in the 2's.
Bleedblackanwhite

Post by Bleedblackanwhite »

mudlark wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:ITS TIME to rest, manage Checkers, and unleash Krueger at FF, the hour hath come. Just do it.
And me. He's given not a lot in the last 4 or 5 weeks and Kreuger is starting to hit his straps in the 2's.
He’s kicked 11 goals in 4 games prior to this one.

Most of any Collingwood player.

???
Collingwood forever, forever Collingwood
Dark Beanie
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 16 times

Post by Dark Beanie »

mudlark wrote:
Krueger only kicked one goal & one behind in the VFL on Saturday and had 11 disposals. Mihocek may be down on form but Krueger didn't do anything to warrant him coming in to replace him unless Mihocek is injured.
Last edited by Dark Beanie on Mon Jun 26, 2023 10:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
If you are foolish enough to be contented, don't show it, but just grumble with the rest. - Jerome K Jerome
Culprit
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 30 times

Post by Culprit »

Great game and happy we got the four points. The Crows play similarly and match up with us well. They kicked 7 goals to 0 in the 3rd quarter which is concerning. In saying that my perception is we tend to conserve energy during games which helps us run out games. I prefer a team not kicking unanswered goals though. The defibrillator was nearly out again yesterday.

For Noble haters, where to now?
For those that suggest Howe go back through the VFL, he showed why he was straight in.

Special mention about Markov, I love how he's going about it. He's playing his role.

Extra Special mention to the club. In the rooms after games, we have family, friends, and kids with laughter and smiles. We are now "The Family Club".
BazBoy
Been liked: 28 times

Post by BazBoy »

We want the best and fittest available a few games out from final to gauge 25 or so players to compete in finals
I'm not arguing--just explaining why i am right
perthmagpie

Post by perthmagpie »

We played some of the best football we have played for weeks from the ten minute mark of the first quarter to half time. Cameron looks to be at last finding some form. Lippa and Howe will improve. I feel we can strike some really good form in two or three weeks. Just have to hold the fort till then.

Our centre bounce work is unfortunately looking like 2022. This is keeping other teams in the game with easy goals. I am hoping the Mitchell - DeGoey clearance combo will help fix that. But we have go back to how we were at clearance earlier in the year. Without at least evening centre bounce clearance in games the opposition will be closer than they should be.

We also need McStay. Still too much pressure on Checkers. Hoping McStay is back in soon.

In that third quarter we missed Sidey taking possession and calming us down. He would of started some tempo footy. Adelaide are a very good side but were at full strength bar Doedee who is out for the year. We have a ton of improvement in us with match fitness to build in a few players and DeGoey, Sidey and McStay to return. I am confident even if we do drop a game in the next two weeks all is on track with our best footy ahead of us as we come out of a slump and start to build again.

At 12 and 2 we are looking good for a home final barring a disaster. 4 games ahead of fifth. The best scenario is a Qualifying final against Brisbane which means top spot may not matter. Second could be better. Have to wait and see. Every win helps no matter the margin.
Magpies love pies(Lol)
shawthing
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 56 times

Post by shawthing »

Yeah and he'll get concussed or some soft tissue injury by quarter time. The man's a new Rusling. Made of glass.
lazzadesilva
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 51 times

Post by lazzadesilva »

Culprit wrote: For Noble haters, where to now? For those that suggest Howe go back through the VFL, he showed why he was straight in.
I think the haters, lovers and fans of Noble (or other players) are all entitled to their opinions and history shows that every season we have such posters. However the club selectors know best and often have information that we don’t. Like in cricket, we have to accept the umpires verdict and move on. We don’t have a DRS system
I term the current Collingwood attack based strategy “Unceasing Waves” like on a stormy and windy day with rough seas. A Perfect Storm ☔️
mudlark

Post by mudlark »

Bleedblackanwhite wrote:
mudlark wrote:
He’s kicked 11 goals in 4 games prior to this one.

Most of any Collingwood player.

???
Not forgetting 2 of those 4 games were against The eagles and North. Kicked zero yesterday and missed the weekly soda for any full forward. The post was about him needing a rest to refocus.I agree .Wholeheartedly. McCreery was given a wake up call by being the sub.Fly said as much and he came on and probably changed the game, which he has been taking a half a game before he gets into it. Checkers needs to start taking some marks and staying on his feet in the contest.Mason Cox has kicked 8 in the same time frame and same 5 matches and he spends most of his time in the ruck.???????????
Boot
Been liked: 3 times

Post by Boot »

Did anyone else notice the punch that Jamie Elliot gave to Adelaide's Jordan Dawson's mouth in the last contested ball contest yesterday on the Adelaide half forward line? I've watched the highlights video about a dozen times even in slow motion and I can't work out how Elliot managed to collect Dawson's mouth when his obvious intention was to punch the ball away from Dawson's possession. Dawson went down straight after the incident and was still complaining to the umpire after the siren had gone.
Could be we dodged a bullet with a high contact not being awarded a free kick at that vital time.
Collingwood Domination. Envy of the Nation!
Magpietothemax
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 15 times

Post by Magpietothemax »

Boot wrote:Did anyone else notice the punch that Jamie Elliot gave to Adelaide's Jordan Dawson's mouth in the last contested ball contest yesterday on the Adelaide half forward line? I've watched the highlights video about a dozen times even in slow motion and I can't work out how Elliot managed to collect Dawson's mouth when his obvious intention was to punch the ball away from Dawson's possession. Dawson went down straight after the incident and was still complaining to the umpire after the siren had gone.
Could be we dodged a bullet with a high contact not being awarded a free kick at that vital time.
Yes, I think that high contact was missed by the umpires in those final seconds of chaos and frenzy. could easily have been awarded a free kick. Once again, luck favours the brave. I think much of the luck we apparently have (opposition kicking poorly against us, etc) is due to the immense pressure and speed we apply in final quarters.
Free Julian Assange!!
Ice in the veins
Piesnchess
Has liked: 178 times
Been liked: 72 times

Post by Piesnchess »

Bleedblackanwhite wrote:Might also add, Adelaide have been the most settled side all year, no major injuries to speak of.

Yeh, if De Goey, Sidearse played yesterday, that 3rd qtr comeback by Crows would not have been so devastating, we probably would have won by around 25+ points, IMHO. :o
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Piesnchess
Has liked: 178 times
Been liked: 72 times

Post by Piesnchess »

shawthing wrote:
Yeah and he'll get concussed or some soft tissue injury by quarter time. The man's a new Rusling. Made of glass.

Ben Reid says hello. :shock:
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
23 YIPPEE!!!

Post by 23 YIPPEE!!! »

Any MRO from the match apart from keys on Cox thing
Apparently Maynard was sighted but I highly doubt it
I think Maynard was the only real injury and was badly winded