The Hydra ~ Caro rears her head again

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

Dark Lord

Caroline Wilson - Beware of Seagulls!

Post by Dark Lord »

Don't go down to the beach, Caro, because with that ENORMOUS Chip on your Shoulder, you may just get pecked to death.

On tonight's Talking Bullshit, she just had to get in another "Collingwood doesn't go to Perth" rant. I'm really getting incenced with it. I wish she'd just grow up and drop it. Just because Richmond sucks, it doesn't mean she can take it out on the rest of us.
"There's an old saying in Tennessee, I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee, that says, fool me once, shame on... shame on you. Fool me... you can't get fooled again." - Oscar Wilde
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

agreed - sorry id commented on a different thread - but she is a pain !
The only way to discover the limits of the possible, is to go beyond them, to the impossible.
Joe

Post by Joe »

She is frustrating.
GreekLunatic
Been liked: 15 times

Post by GreekLunatic »

wow cant caro finding another argument apart from us not going to perth also did u all hear the crap about judd going to richmond she is a bigger dreamer then what i thought talking football is becoming talking crap
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

I cant resist

why not ANALyze that great tiger side - she has such a hard on for em

they were 6 wins 2 losses and carrying the hopes of the state earlier in the year ?

well lets see

RD 1 v pies ( GF's from 2002) Rich lose easily
Rd 2 v bulldogs - not a final 8 side from 2002 easy win
Rd 3 v Freo - played at melb, also not a top 8 side from 2002 = win to tiges
Rd 4 v saints - not a final 8 side from 2002, also shit coach = win to tiges ( tiges also kicked 17.5, pretty accurate.)
Rd 5 v Hawks - Not a final 8 side from 2002, also in a slump = win to tiges (again tiges kick accurately 18.7)
Rd 6 v Port - At AAMI, also Port a top 4 side from 2002, tiges lose
Rd 7 v essendon - tigers best win for the year.
Rd 8 v melb - not a final 8 side from 2002 = win to tiges

So the almighty tiges had one good win in the first 8 weeks against essendon, impressive ? At that made them a good side ?

Richmond plays 3 top 8 sides from 2002 twice, thats the pies, essendon, and port, they play 4 non finalists from 2002 twice.

The pies also play 3 of the top 8 sides last year twice.

Perhaps that nameless thing should earn her keep, and focus more on reality. Richmond are over rated, they had an easy ride to get to 6 and 2 by round 8, and once the draw saw more sides play each other they were found out to be pretenders.

give the dog a bone. !
The only way to discover the limits of the possible, is to go beyond them, to the impossible.
Joe

Post by Joe »

What about the idea of Nathan Burke being delisted before he tops Lowies record.That is crap.Dougie got more games than Teddy but he is no Teddy Whitten.
If a guy plays more games than another it doesnt mean that he is a greater legend than that one.
She is deliberately contentious,she thinks she knows it all,pull your head in sweety.

Post by AGE »

magpie JOE wrote:What about the idea of Nathan Burke being delisted before he tops Lowies record.That is crap...
I caught that bit. Man she is pathetic.

Forget jumpers, umpiring, finals, fiancially struggling clubs etc.....

Yes folks! This is the real contentious issue of football: Demote Burke to the VFL for the rest of the year, coz he'll retire anyway.

Yes, just slap him in the mouth and repay one of their greatest ever players like that so he doesn't break a record. Big deal, Caro!

Well done to Spud for getting on the defensive saying that Burke is a great friend of his and she was being harsh, and that he's more worried about who's tagging Bucks and Burns this week than some stupid record.

She said earlier she wasn't allowed in the Richmond rooms when her dad was Pres.

Seriously, do you blame the man?!

She should stick to doing what she does best! And when she works out what that is, I'll let ya know.
Joel

Post by Joel »

We don't play a game in Perth, after playing there twice last year. Caroline, we did however, play in Brisbane once, Adelaide twice, and we will be paying in Sydney. We are playing roughly the same amount of interstate teams as everyone else. So, WHAT IS THE PROBLEM?

Post by AGE »

I think the main problem is the travel time.....
What is it from Melbourne?
2 hours to QLD, 45 mins-1hr to Syd-Adel, and is it 4 hours to WA??

I think that is the main "concern" (don't know why) is because we don't have the long travel.

Although these same people seem to forget that we travelled 3 times in 7 weeks to quality opposition in Bris, Adel and Port.
The Prototype

Post by The Prototype »

She's really winning over the clubs, she has a go at Richmond, then St. Kilda, then Collingwood. Not the best way to be a journo looking for stories and stuff from the clubs. I really can't belive she brought up Nathan Burke the guy has been a very good player for ST. Kilda, why delist one of their better players? Because he is about to beat Lowe's "games"? As for the Perth stuff, she sounds like a broken record. Someone change it....
STOKA35

Post by STOKA35 »

people on nicks board have the same credentials as her which is none so let us all become journos.
She has never played league football,coached or assitant coached been involved with a footy club management wise so to me all of her comments she makes are full of shit.If every one is concerned about the draw simple thoery 14 teams play each other twice no pre season comp.
The Prototype

Post by The Prototype »

I think she is too worried about off-field happenings rather then the actual game on the field. If she spent as much time writing about the on-field side of football, her columns might actually be readable.
Pied Piper

Post by Pied Piper »

STOKA35 wrote:people on nicks board have the same credentials as her which is none so let us all become journos.
She has never played league football,coached or assitant coached been involved with a footy club management wise so to me all of her comments she makes are full of shit.
Sorry, Stoka, but to put it bluntly this is the biggest load of crap I've read this side of a dysentery epidemic.

Feel free to disagree with Caroline Wilson re the draw. So do I. But to say she has no credentials smacks of ignorance and prejudice. She is one of the most experienced print journalists in the game, and as I've mentioned previously was one of the first female journalists to break into the macho domain of AFL writing. That takes guts. Try it yourself sometime.

Do you demand all journalists be directly involved in the sport? Fine - let's exclude Tim Lane, Dennis Cometti, Bruce McAvaney for starters. Get rid of all the male print journos who've never played a game in their lives, too. And replace them all with ex-players, coaches etc. Does it occur to you that those closer to the game might just find it harder to comment objectively about it?

The Weed
"The greatest thing that could happen to the nation is when we get rid of all the media. Then we could live in peace and tranquillity, and no one would know anything." - Sir Joh Bjelke-Petersen
pants42

Post by pants42 »

Weed , Cometti coached West Perth going way back in time and pulled the boots on as a youngster , Bruthie also played a bit in Adelaide I recall him being playing at the same club whilst Bradley was there as a kid anyways apart from that see your point to a certain degree.
swooper
Has liked: 55 times
Been liked: 4 times

Post by swooper »

good post Weed :) The other thing I noticed (on this thread still) was that Anthony Hudson during the replay on Saturday mentioned TWICE that Collingwood had an 'easy' run home, ie, we dont have to travel again. Um...HELLO - what about Sydney mate?!?! Sheez, wish some of these guys would get their facts straight. Phew - it gets me mad :x