Post Match. Pies down to Cats. All comments.

Match previews, reviews, reports and discussion.

Moderator: bbmods

Piesnchess
Has liked: 178 times
Been liked: 72 times

Post by Piesnchess »

shawthing wrote:
Piesnchess wrote: ASK McStay, and others in our team,the little shit is too much of a smartarse, cant wait for hiim to stuffup at the Dawks, see how sniper Mitchell handles him then,be very interesting. :o
Wow you wipe people quickly. I remember you saying how we couldn't possibly send him to the Hawks last year. You kept calling for Ginni's selection when he wasn't being picked.

I wish we could treat all footballers with some dignity. There is more to life than the Collingwood FC. Thank God for that because it's usually a long time between premiership drinks for us.

Here's a news flash. Supporters of other clubs are human beings too. So are the players!

yeh, ok big ****, I wanted him to stay, sure, but I didnt know the little turd went to the races, the night before the GF, even my son was in bed early before his U /14 GF, had the good sense, Ginni basically spat in Flys face by turning up to mad monday in a jockey outfit , after doing sweet FA in the GF, played a very poor GF. Carlton fans are human beings, not after the vile things they said when Pants passed away, I dont forget that. Oh and Collingwood is just one of my many interests, for your information.
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
shawthing
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 56 times

Post by shawthing »

Life is too short to hate. Enjoy the ride.
Piesnchess

Post by Piesnchess »

shawthing wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
ANNODAM wrote:^ Well why not, Henry gave it to a few last night!

Mummys boy helped to beat an injury ravaged team, he missed a flag last season, and he wont get one with them, they will go out in straight sets, in finals, handbags are not a premiership team. :P
OMG you must be a nightmare to live with if someone crosses you. It's only footy. Give the kid a break.

Did he give us a break, do your forget everybody on here called him mummys boy, not just me, sunshine. Oh dont tell me im a nightmare to live with, u dont **** me I have a great personal life, stop stalking me too, might be a good idea.
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Piesnchess

Post by Piesnchess »

shawthing wrote:Life is too short to hate. Enjoy the ride.

I do enjoy it, actually. I dont hate, just like fairness and justice.

23 YIPPEE!!!

Post by 23 YIPPEE!!! »

Was hoping that Dean could play v hawks but had an injury today at AIA.
Piesnchess

Post by Piesnchess »

^ How did McStay go ??

Piesnchess

Post by Piesnchess »

Carlton lost to doggies, always make a Magpie defeat a tad better. !

masoncox
Been liked: 3 times

Post by masoncox »

Piesnchess wrote:^ How did McStay go ??
They said he kicked a goal and took a few marks..... nothing special.
We lost again in the VFL.
That makes it 10 in a row.
We have nothing in the VFL.
We are facing a cliff.
Piesnchess

Post by Piesnchess »

^ Bit pessimistic, some of our kids have been good, lot of promise in Harrison, Richards, J T, Reef, Long, etc does not always go you have to be strong in the VFL to be successful in the seniors, sides have had poor VFL teams, but great onfield success with their 1sts. Some have won flags in the seniors, I recall. A cliff is pretty melodramatic, do some good recr
uting over the break, trades, draft, an next season we could not possi
bly have the dreadful injury run we have had this year.

Pies2016
Been liked: 82 times

Post by Pies2016 »

masoncox wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:^ How did McStay go ??
They said he kicked a goal and took a few marks..... nothing special.
We are facing a cliff.
There’s a likelihood of the club welcoming all of Howe, Cox, Mitchell, Parker, Eyre, Ryan and now Shultz as availabilities over the next couple weeks. Sadly, Carmichael, Steene and Begg are all finished for the season. Maybe that will help the VFL side to run a game out, rather than have all the ring ins who don’t know their new teammates names, gas out by half time. They even played a kid today ( Cochrane ) who usually plays for the Western jets in the U18s. I guess it depends how close supporters actually follow the VFL to have any understanding of the challenges that come with having a dozen or more injuries at any given time over the last few weeks.
Jezza
Has liked: 127 times
Been liked: 191 times

Post by Jezza »

masoncox wrote:They said he kicked a goal and took a few marks..... nothing special.
We are facing a cliff.
Main thing is there were no injury dramas with McStay.

Don't expect him to be playing in the seniors next week.
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆
Dark Beanie
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 16 times

Post by Dark Beanie »

Josh Fraser has spoken about the challenges of having constant changes to the VFL team due to injuries and players being called up to the AFL.

Also has to balance player development and getting players like McStay ready to get back to playing AFL.
If you are foolish enough to be contented, don't show it, but just grumble with the rest. - Jerome K Jerome
masoncox

Post by masoncox »

Dark Beanie wrote:Josh Fraser has spoken about the challenges of having constant changes to the VFL team due to injuries and players being called up to the AFL.

Also has to balance player development and getting players like McStay ready to get back to playing AFL.
We have lost 10 in a row.
Not a good look.
masoncox

Post by masoncox »

We have number of good players out.
We have a number of good players playing.
It is the next generation that I am worried about.
There is not much there. In fact there seems to be none there.
The 10 consecutive loses is a good indicator.
Pies2016
Been liked: 82 times

Post by Pies2016 »

masoncox wrote:The 10 consecutive loses is a good indicator.
Losing is never a good indicator of anything positive but without having a go at casual observers, you need only to see Rhys Stanley towel an 18 year old kid ( Smit ) Parfitt to dominate their midfield and Bews to control the backline for the Cats, to know we were up against it. We have no senior experience in the VFL. Probably MacRae or Johnson have played the most senior games of any AFL listed player in that side today ( I’m excluding McStay )
Bews, Stanley and Parfitt have played 400+ AFL games between them. Losing will continue to happen most weeks while our injury riddled VFL team comes up against AFL experienced players every week.
It was another good game from DeMattia today, so that’s two in a row, after missing three months with finger tendon surgery. He and Jaith can’t do much more against men. YES, there are some busts running around in the VFL but to say there’s close to nothing there, is an easy misconception under the current circumstances.