#2 Jordan De Goey

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

HAL
Been liked: 3 times

Post by HAL »

I care, otherwise I would not have typed it all in. Aren't you usually honest?
5 from the wing on debut

Post by 5 from the wing on debut »

[quote="E"]Honestly, who cares. Dumbest thread of the year. Easily!

De Goey kicks five goals in a BOG effort and you are talking about whether its De Goey, DeGoey or de Goey?[/quote

So, we have two people without names, K and E, on different sides of a name discussion?
Donny
Has liked: 50 times
Been liked: 25 times

Post by Donny »

I looked up his FB. He names himself Jordan De Goey.

Good enough for me. :)

I'll adjust the GB Votes,
Donny.

It's a game. Enjoy it. :D
Duff Soviet Union
Been liked: 2 times

Post by Duff Soviet Union »

I think the club are fibbing a bit there. There's no way he's 191.
"We ain't gotta dream no more"
BazBoy
Been liked: 31 times

Post by BazBoy »

I'm not arguing--just explaining why i am right
K
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 17 times

Post by K »

5 from the wing on debut wrote:...
So, we have two people without names, K and E, on different sides of a name discussion?
I disagree that it is not a name. But you can call me Mooij or de Gooij if you prefer.
E

Post by E »

you should change your name dude. There is only room on this board for one single letter contributor. You stole my concept, so you must change. Mooij it shall be.
K
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 17 times

Post by K »

^ Do you mind if I call you Lelijk, then?
Cam
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 22 times

Post by Cam »

Holy crap thank goodness. I was on the edge of my seat.
Get back on top.
watt price tully

Re: Growth spurt: Jordan De Goey

Post by watt price tully »

inxs88 wrote:It has flown under the radar but Jordan was recruited in 2014 with a height of 187cm and now is listed by the club at 191cm. That overheard mark late in the game would have no doubt been assisted by that extra height. 6ft 3 beast now. Sign him up Ned Guy!
If he's 193 cm I'm a monkey's uncle (and I won't bring the rest of my family into it)

I saw him at a small office of an orthotist about two years ago. I'm 193- 194 cm (or I was) he was still a rover to me - mind you those stillettos I was wearing may have affected the perspective.

Pleasant young man in the course of the short time we had limited social small talk saying I looked forward to his future at our club.

I would be amazed if he had so much of a growth spurt.
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
E

Post by E »

watt price tully wrote:
inxs88 wrote:It has flown under the radar but Jordan was recruited in 2014 with a height of 187cm and now is listed by the club at 191cm. That overheard mark late in the game would have no doubt been assisted by that extra height. 6ft 3 beast now. Sign him up Ned Guy!
If he's 193 cm I'm a monkey's uncle (and I won't bring the rest of my family into it)

I saw him at a small office of an orthotist about two years ago. I'm 193- 194 cm (or I was) he was still a rover to me - mind you those stillettos I was wearing may have affected the perspective.

Pleasant young man in the course of the short time we had limited social small talk saying I looked forward to his future at our club.

the post said 191, not 193. I know its not much of a difference but you are arguing over a stat that no one asserted.
Piethagoras' Theorem
Been liked: 2 times

Post by Piethagoras' Theorem »

look at him alongside Gardiner who is listed at 193 and they're virtually the same height. 191 sounds right. Unless it's an error on both sides (unlikely), what logical reason would any club have fudging player's heights? That makes no sense.
Formally frankiboy and FrankieGoesToCollingwood.
watt price tully

Post by watt price tully »

E wrote:
watt price tully wrote:

the post said 191, not 193. I know its not much of a difference but you are arguing over a stat that no one asserted.
Arguing? Nah calling like I witnessed it. 193 for de Goey was a late night (early morning) typo. Even at 191 he was a rover to me, it was like John Cleese interviewing a Jockey with the camera posied at Cleese's head the whole interview with the said Jockey jumping up to try to get in the frame.
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
Presti35
Has liked: 171 times
Been liked: 64 times

Post by Presti35 »

I have to change mine to sooky bitch
A Goal Saved Is 2 Goals Earned!
Skids
Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 33 times

Post by Skids »

I just call him Jordy :)
Don't count the days, make the days count.