#19 Nick Davis

Player President threads here thanks.

Moderator: bbmods

bazdaddy

Post by bazdaddy »

He hasn't played with us for 3 years
The black & white jumper, worn by heroes worshipped by millions.
piedys
Has liked: 281 times
Been liked: 66 times

Post by piedys »

Johnson#26 wrote:Oh well - good luck to him with the Swans, he has done well so far. Can't hide from the fact that he is a brilliant footballer.
Unfortunately, because of a lazy, inept Geelong defense who coasted thinking they were already in a prelim final, it elevated one N.Davis to cult status for his 15 minutes of fame (actually 14-1/2 minutes according to dodgy AFL time clock). As we know, the rest is now history.
However, being a strong mark, great thumping kick and a good crumber doesn't neccessary justify labelling him a brilliant footballer. Brilliant footballers don't go missing for weeks on end like he does, then hit form with cameo quarterly appearances!
Should he arse his team to back-to-back flags then i'll gladly retract this statement.

Dyso
Cuthbert Collingwood

Post by Cuthbert Collingwood »

Canberra wrote:All this hand wringing about Davis is a waste of time and a waste of bandwidth.
I haven't read any hand wringing in the above posts, i think we've well and truly gotten over the guy. Personally I posted the article because i thought it was an interesting insight into an ex-magpie and "the brain of a footballer". If you think it's a waste of time then maybe it's best not to read such posts.
McRae for Governor-General!
Johnson#26

Post by Johnson#26 »

piedys wrote:
Johnson#26 wrote:Oh well - good luck to him with the Swans, he has done well so far. Can't hide from the fact that he is a brilliant footballer.
Unfortunately, because of a lazy, inept Geelong defense who coasted thinking they were already in a prelim final, it elevated one N.Davis to cult status for his 15 minutes of fame (actually 14-1/2 minutes according to dodgy AFL time clock). As we know, the rest is now history.
However, being a strong mark, great thumping kick and a good crumber doesn't neccessary justify labelling him a brilliant footballer. Brilliant footballers don't go missing for weeks on end like he does, then hit form with cameo quarterly appearances!
Maybe, maybe not - but you have to admit - he is a talented footballer.
Dave The Man
Been liked: 5 times

Nick Davis to be Traded

Post by Dave The Man »

In the HS Nick Davis said he wants to be traded.

Oh The Irony of this... How is he going to cop without his Mommy and Daddy :lol:
I am Da Man
John Wren

Post by John Wren »

no, the article says he may have to move if he gets traded.
Purveyor of sanctimonious twaddle.
DaVe86

Post by DaVe86 »

As much as i hate Nick Davis...and hope he burns....ultimately his decision to leave Collingwood will put him in the record books as a premiership player.

In 50 years, thats how he'll be remembered...not for the average player he has been for all his other years at Sydne
There's more to life than footy.........just not much more.
Zakal

Post by Zakal »

DaVe86 wrote:As much as i hate Nick Davis...and hope he burns....ultimately his decision to leave Collingwood will put him in the record books as a premiership player.

In 50 years, thats how he'll be remembered...not for the average player he has been for all his other years at Sydne

Premiership player yes...but he will still be remembered as an average player.

Can you tell me all the average players who've won premierships? I can't. You know why? Because they're average. No difference between Nick Davis and some random who played in a premiership side in the 1900s.
burnsy17

Re: Nick Davis to be Traded

Post by burnsy17 »

Dave The Man wrote:Mommy
Lay off the US tv Dave :)
Beware the swooping Magpie.
RudeBoy
Been liked: 73 times

Post by RudeBoy »

I reckon the Gold Coast would be the only team interested in him.
fence-banger

Post by fence-banger »

A Premiership player he is, but that doesn't change the fact that he's a jerk & a twerp.
Side by side we Stick together
Steve86

Post by Steve86 »

his better years were at pies, he just moved up to sydney at the right time..
cfc2009-10-11-12

Post by cfc2009-10-11-12 »

Nick Davis, what a pansy. This guy thinks he's God's gift to greatness. Lazy footballer.
Daicos, this is when he's at his best, the MAAASSSTTTTTEEERRR!!!
Piethagoras' Theorem
Been liked: 2 times

Post by Piethagoras' Theorem »

Unfortunately, he'll also be remembered for putting them into that GF.

Me, I'll remember him as a..
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Formally frankiboy and FrankieGoesToCollingwood.
fence-banger

Post by fence-banger »

Yes, the stuffed variety.
Side by side we Stick together