#27, #7 Ben Kennedy

Player President threads here thanks.

Moderator: bbmods

magpieazza

Re: Ben Kennedy is worth more than pick 61!!

Post by magpieazza »

John Wren wrote:
magpieazza wrote:Pick 19 in 2012 and N.Brown casually says he is worth a pick 61 that Melbourne have at their disposal.

Lets not down play this, he is basically a first rounder and some clubs rated Kennedy highly. I think he is going to play quality footy when he settles in and Collingwood are not pushing him out the door!
Look at his bio on the official CFC site, its a great write up on him.

Melbourne have pick 25 and 43 at their disposal. 25 could be around the mark, considering he has had three years development at our club, no injuries to talk about is there.
Commentators opinions are just that, an opinion, but they have to watch what they say because they could influence a players value.
Pick 61 is ridiculous!
not sure how you believe kenno to be a first rounder. if the priority picks were not in place who would we have picked up instead? i doubt it would have been kenno. that's not a knock on him but i am sure we would have gone for someone else.
Being SA he was picked up by us to give the three SA a support base of some sort. Maybe BK would not have been picked up by us without the other two, but we cant be sure, I do remember someone saying a club rated BK very highly. In all honesty he has shown supreme VFL form. If he played regularly in the 1's would he have improved at a greater rate? Probably, he has lots of upside still, imho.

61 is such a ridiculous number and my opinion of Nath Brown is that he is man on a mission to expel a lot of hot air in the shortest amount of time.

Somewhere around pick 30-40 I would think.

Manicured sook, lol.
Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero.
inxs88
Been liked: 4 times

Post by inxs88 »

Look Nathan Brown came up with the doozie that the Saints recruitment of Carlisle would free up "James Gwilt" to play on the smaller defenders!!!

great call Nathan only obscured by the fact that he plays for the Bombers now! Goose
I love the Pies, hate Carlscum
AN_Inkling

Post by AN_Inkling »

Maybe they could get him back for pick 61 :D.
Well done boys!
inxs88

Post by inxs88 »

Reckon with the Dees excited about him they envisage a swap for Jeremy Howe. Playing it quietly given the Treloar and Aish needs but a 190 cm forward would suit our list profile.

Otherwise keep him, build up his value for next years draft or retain him long term. Suffers from a lack of regular starting 18 game time. His disposal and size hurts him though.
I love the Pies, hate Carlscum
Culprit
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 30 times

Post by Culprit »

Seriously, he is only worth a 3rd round pick. A midget who weighs about 70 kilos ringing wet and hasn't played 30 games yet some demand a 2nd round pick? :lol: :lol: :lol: Anything for him is a bonus as he is a VFL player.
3rd degree

Post by 3rd degree »

Culprit wrote:Seriously, he is only worth a 3rd round pick. A midget who weighs about 70 kilos ringing wet and hasn't played 30 games yet some demand a 2nd round pick? :lol: :lol: :lol: Anything for him is a bonus as he is a VFL player.
why not bend melbourne over ?
" Ohhh Banksy and out comes the Note Book".

www.facebook/the hybernators
Woods Of Ypres
Has liked: 2 times

Post by Woods Of Ypres »

agree with Culprit, not worth a cracker
Culprit
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 30 times

Post by Culprit »

3rd degree wrote:
Culprit wrote:Seriously, he is only worth a 3rd round pick. A midget who weighs about 70 kilos ringing wet and hasn't played 30 games yet some demand a 2nd round pick? :lol: :lol: :lol: Anything for him is a bonus as he is a VFL player.
why not bend melbourne over ?
Because even they are not that stupid. Carlton yes.
The Prototype

Post by The Prototype »

Well if they were that stupid and wanted to pay overs then I wouldn't be really against that. However, its up to the clubs to decide his worth in the end.
swoop42
Been liked: 3 times

Post by swoop42 »

We shouldn't expect a pick inside 30 for Kennedy.

I wouldn't accept 61 though.

If we're going to trade him better to try and get involved in a multi club player swap and land Young from Port.
He's mad. He's bad. He's MaynHARD!
tomoleary

Post by tomoleary »

I never rated Kennedy and always felt like punching anyone who's ever made comparisons with he and Alan Didak.

If you look at reality; recent trade periods, Pick 61 is absolutely what he's worth.
magpieazza

Post by magpieazza »

Yep get BK involved with a trade for Young, sounds good. Press the button Dekka, , cmon what are you waiting for Dekka!!!!!!!!!!
I'm already sick of listening to Trade Radio, need a frothie already!
Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero.
MAY-Z

Post by MAY-Z »

Not sure why there is a interest in aaron young - hasn't done much at afl level and certainly never dominated sanfl matches - would much rather we kept kennedy, who would show a lot more if given a run of games
HAL
Been liked: 3 times

Post by HAL »

Because you asked me to.
jackcass

Post by jackcass »

Irrespective of what we as individual posters think the relative worth of BK is, Melbourne have come out and said they rated him highly in his draft year and there's the suggestion that they may have even considered him instead of Toumpas. Add the fact he was a 1st round pick (regardless of how contrived that process was due to priority picks), and he's addressed some significant injury issues and should now start to blossom, and has managed to play senior footy. That sets the value.