#18 Finlay Macrae

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

Said by Zed
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Said by Zed »

^

BTW comparing Swanny with McRae is paramount to sacrilege!
The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men...
Said by Zed

Post by Said by Zed »

^
In any any shape or form
The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men...
Said by Zed

Post by Said by Zed »

^
Swanny is one of those exceptions….
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 85 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

Josh Daicos.
Pies2016
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 86 times

Post by Pies2016 »

^^ ^
Ben Keays
Gary Player “ the harder I practice, the luckier I get “
Boot
Been liked: 3 times

Post by Boot »

Michael Tuck at Hawthorn played a lot of games in their reserves team before he was able to force his way into their top team before going on to play more than 400 games and captain the Hawks to several premierships.
Collingwood Domination. Envy of the Nation!
inxs88
Been liked: 4 times

Post by inxs88 »

Dipper
James Morrissey
Michael Tuck
Darrin Pritchard
Ray Jencke
Peter Schwab
I love the Pies, hate Carlscum
neil
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 21 times

Post by neil »

Said by Zed wrote:Sorry folks…love the kid but any player (especially a mid) who has had 3 seasons under his belt and hasn’t been able to force a spot in the Seniors never will (with some exceptions of course) and is not a player we want or need…..this is a fact. Don’t believe me? which current player in any other club has served a longer apprenticeship (2+ seasons) before coming into seniors and being a star (obviously not including KPDs & KPFs).
Serviceable at best - will never be the player we hoped.
Darcy Cameron
Carlscum 120 years being cheating scum
Said by Zed

Post by Said by Zed »

Hahahaha again comparing Begg with Swanny, Tuck, Dipper, Schwab et al is incredulous
MC's Mix

Post by MC's Mix »

[quote="Said by Zed"]Hahahaha again comparing Begg with Swanny, Tuck, Dipper, Schwab et al is incredulous
Said by Zed

Post by Said by Zed »

MC's Mix wrote:^
Settle petal…everything makes sense if you take a breath and have another read. BTW you’re so wrong on all accounts. Wasn’t ‘ragging’ on him, in fact did not write one derogatory word just stated the bleedin obvious. He hasn’t been able to show anything in 3 seasons and doesn’t look like he ever will. Just an average good VFL player. However, as I said earlier I’d like nothing more than to be proven wrong…but I won’t.
Secondly, none of the few examples of the many litany of players who’ve played the game over the many years doesn’t discount my point at all…in fact bringing up a handful of players from decades ago only strengthens my case…absolute guns who were exceptions to the rule.
Still thinking every kid we bring in will be a star and discounting all evidence at hand is ridiculous. But thanks for your unsolicited opinion.
Blind belief is the greatest enemy to truth.
RudeBoy
Been liked: 73 times

Post by RudeBoy »

I thought Chad Wadell was going to be a new Daicos. :shock: :oops:
Piethagoras' Theorem
Been liked: 2 times

Post by Piethagoras' Theorem »

^ I think you mean Chad Liddell :)
Formally frankiboy and FrankieGoesToCollingwood.
LaurieHolden
Has liked: 145 times
Been liked: 146 times

Post by LaurieHolden »

RudeBoy wrote:I thought Chad Wadell was going to be a new Daicos. :shock: :oops:
^ the Chad. I share a birthday with him, so that was enough for me to think I had a connection, and I too kept a close watch on his development.
But as his bio noted "When he arrived from Mentone Grammar, he looked like a great prospect early in 1995 as a running forward, but then lost his way."
I'm not sure what "lost his way" exactly means. But with us missing the finals, Matthews departing, along with Alan McAlister leading us into the Tony Shaw coached years, I don't think he would have been the only one to lose his way.

https://forever.collingwoodfc.com.au/pl ... d-liddell/
Last edited by LaurieHolden on Tue Apr 02, 2024 10:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
"The Club's not Jock, Ted and Gerry" (& Eddie)
2023 AFL Premiers
K
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 17 times

Post by K »

Simply_Brutal wrote:
Bruce Gonsalves wrote:Nothing wrong with his disposal. When you're delivering the ball to spuds in the VFL and they turn it over, your disposal efficiency will suffer.
That’s not how that stat is calculated. You could kick to a 50/50 and still have an effective disposal regardless of the outcome.
Your teammates do have some effect.

e.g. It's common to see an okay kick stuffed up by the receiving teammate standing waiting for the ball instead of attacking it. Worse still, the standing teammate thinks he can try to take a chest mark instead of marking out in front. So of course the oppo spoils or intercepts. Hate it when I see Pies players making this mistake!

Works the other way too...

Luck can make a bad disposal "good".

e.g.
K wrote:vs. Hawthorn, Round 6, 2020

Q2 07:58 centre bounce HO with left hand to right; bounces a couple of times; Wills tries to collect and oppo gets in his back for free kick, so counts as 'to advantage'.
It was the usual trash Grundy hit out to no one... But Rupert's opponent shoved him in the back. So it counts as "hit out to advantage"!!