Post Match. Swans smash Pies. All comments, please.

Match previews, reviews, reports and discussion.

Moderator: bbmods

doriswilgus
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 21 times

Post by doriswilgus »

think positive wrote:
ANNODAM wrote:I think JDG has a lot to answer for being snapped touching IQ before the match...

This team is warped in more ways than one, shit ass culture!
. Um touching? What did he do?!
Touched one of his team mates on the back side before the game.A storm in a tea cup,
Magpietothemax
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 15 times

Post by Magpietothemax »

PyreneesPie wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:
PyreneesPie wrote:Just be careful what you wish for! :)

I think maybe many are trying to avoid the pain of this season by making hysterical, knee jerk, narrow minded calls to change the coaching situation now, right now!! . There is absolutely no guarantees that this will help, or it could even make things worse in the intermediate and long run.

I wish it were otherwise, but the sadness and disillusionment can't be avoided. Obviously, some are struggling to see beyond it and looking for quick fixes, but here's the situation...... Collingwood has been through it before, as has every other team in the competition. We may think we should be entitled to be immune, but sadly, we are not.

Yeah and being too Collingwood has hardly worked
You know about the latter Dave?? I bet you'll be suddenly all Collingwood when the good times roll around again :lol:
Ithink you are going overboard now pp. You appear to be suggesting that Dave is less loyal than you because he doesnt agree with you
Free Julian Assange!!
Ice in the veins
think positive
Has liked: 212 times
Been liked: 85 times

Post by think positive »

doriswilgus wrote:
think positive wrote:
ANNODAM wrote:I think JDG has a lot to answer for being snapped touching IQ before the match...

This team is warped in more ways than one, shit ass culture!
. Um touching? What did he do?!
Touched one of his team mates on the back side before the game.A storm in a tea cup,
Geez madness!!!! Why is that even reported on!!!
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
Pies2016
Been liked: 87 times

Post by Pies2016 »

simon tonna wrote:Was Graham Write in the box today?
Yes. Also an interested party during the end of quarter addresses too.
Jezza
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 191 times

Post by Jezza »

PyreneesPie wrote:Just be careful what you wish for! :)

I think maybe many are trying to avoid the pain of this season by making hysterical, knee jerk, narrow minded calls to change the coaching situation now, right now!! . There is absolutely no guarantees that this will help, or it could even make things worse in the intermediate and long run.

I wish it were otherwise, but the sadness and disillusionment can't be avoided. Obviously, some are struggling to see beyond it and looking for quick fixes, but here's the situation...... Collingwood has been through it before, as has every other team in the competition. We may think we should be entitled to be immune, but sadly, we are not.
I can only speak for myself here, but I'll say the following.

I attend all Melbourne-based games and have been doing so for many years. When the game is on, my support for the players and coaches is unequivocal for that two hour period even if I have objections to their decision making.

I'm not being "hysterical, knee jerk or narrow minded" when I say I don't want Buckley retained beyond this year. Half of my angst at the moment is centered on the uncertainty of his future and the fear that the club will be crazy enough to retain him beyond this year.

We're 2-7 and yet the goalposts keep shifting around his coaching future. If someone told me at the start of the season we would be 2-7 after 9 games and the club is still contemplating renewing Buckley's contract, I would have called them "insane". That's where we are now.

I don't hate Nathan Buckley. I adored him as a player, and was hopeful of him succeeding as coach, but I've come to the conclusion that after 10 seasons in charge, the club needs a new direction at coaching level. It isn't personal and the man will always be held in high regard by the supporters in the same way as Weideman and Shaw are despite failed coaching tenures.

I'm under no illusion the club needs to get its house in order in several areas starting at board level and the ongoing friction between different factions. Once that can be addressed, I want to see major changes at the football department level which includes the coaching personnel.

The club is entering a rebuild phase. I want a new person to oversee that rebuild and climb us back up to the top which will take several years. Most supporters from any club would wish for something similar in the same circumstances. Those who wish to buck that trend are advocating for an unusual course of action. Most coaches don't win a premiership within a decade are moved on, so I don't know why Buckley will be a special case if we retain him.

It's just unfathomable to me that after a 10-year sample size, some supporters don't have an appetite for change. Have you not asked yourselves the following questions:

- Can the players perform better under a different coach? Are you intrigued to find out whether the players would be better off playing under a different system of coaching?

- Why don't we have a key forward five years after Travis Cloke departed?

- Would the list composition be different?

- Would some form of renewal and freshness be positive for the club and the playing group?

- Has Nathan Buckley's status as a club legend altered your expectations towards him? Have you given him more leeway than would be afforded to an outsider?
Last edited by Jezza on Sat May 15, 2021 8:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
πŸ† | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | πŸ†
bally12

Post by bally12 »

Did anyone watch on the CFC website a mic'ed up Checkers during mid-week training. I don't know what kind of session that was but they were just farting around. No intensity whatsoever. Even if it was a "light" session, that was complete waste of time. Was also interesting to that Checkers joked with C Brown that he "can't kick over a jam tin" and Noble did his "first spoil in his career"....on both points ironically he couldn't have been closer to the truth.
Now keep that thought on intensity..there are 2 aspects in contested footy that are distintly identifiable:
- the ability to get to a contest. This is pure running ability.
- when you are at contest or within 10m of the contest, meaning you can actively influence the contest, you need to be at 100% intensity. Maynard, DeGoey, Crisp are classic example here where I'd give them 10/10 for this.
There are heaps of players in our team that are within 10m of the contest and just lazing around spectating. Notable players I"ve seen like this: T Brown, Grundy, Keane, Cox, Ruscoe, Sier. What I'm saying is there's a pattern here and there's a lot of players in this side that need to be given a rocket.

And by the way, Buckley and his assistants need to go. 10yrs is enough sample size, and we are at rock bottom.
From what I can see, he can't see the bigger picture and gets mired in details of stats, when he should be giving the players simple instructions, and included in that message should be to play instrinctively, take the game on, go for high marks, and not be afraid to make mistakes. Our players are like rabbits in headlights out there...no flow, always prop and stop, sideways, backwards. We are pathetic to be honest. Watching that game was like torture.
Dave The Man
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Dave The Man »

Magpietothemax wrote:
PyreneesPie wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:
Yeah and being too Collingwood has hardly worked
You know about the latter Dave?? I bet you'll be suddenly all Collingwood when the good times roll around again :lol:
Ithink you are going overboard now pp. You appear to be suggesting that Dave is less loyal than you because he doesnt agree with you
I been to every Victorian Game I can Possibly get too this year with AFL and VFL
I am Da Man
Piesnchess
Has liked: 178 times
Been liked: 72 times

Post by Piesnchess »

PyreneesPie wrote:
Ioannina wrote:Bucks this year will win his first premiership in his playing and coaching career....THE mighty Wooden SPOON
Hope that will satisfy your discontent and anger :)

"Victory has a thousand fathers, but, defeat, is an Orphan. "- John F Kennedy . 8)
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Hiss
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

Post by Hiss »

Dave The Man wrote:
Magpietothemax wrote:
PyreneesPie wrote: You know about the latter Dave?? I bet you'll be suddenly all Collingwood when the good times roll around again :lol:
I been to every Victorian Game I can Possibly get too this year with AFL and VFL
DTM is the mostest loyal of Collingwood supporters and people like him are the backbone of true Collingwood spirit. Dave has always been a fair and honest judge of our performance on and off the field. I wish Dave was President of our Cheersquad. We need his passion and leadership.
I love this club and I hold anyone in contempt who does not think it is worth fighting for.
Piesnchess

Post by Piesnchess »

Jezza wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:Good players, a good healthy list, make good Coaches, being that way for over 150 yrs. Clarko is finding that out now. I doubt if he could do any better with us at present, our kids need to mature and we really need a KPP or two. Takes time, it is what it is. Keep playing kids, and get a few guys back, theres not much more we can do, until the draft really. We wont win the flag this season, but neither will 16 other teams, thats the reality.
Clarkson's done plenty to earn respect and patience from the Hawthorn supporter base. That's why silence from the Hawks fans to have moved him on are deafening.

It's easy to "play the kids", but are they being taught and coached properly?

Bullshit, take a look at the Hawks Bigfooty site, they are spewing on Clarko, now, as much as fans here are spewing on Bucks. They aint happy at the Hawks at all. They are not silent at all.
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Jezza

Post by Jezza »

Piesnchess wrote:Bullshit, take a look at the Hawks Bigfooty site, they are spewing on Clarko, now, as much as fans here are spewing on Bucks. They aint happy at the Hawks at all. They are not silent at all.
Being angry at the performance doesn't mean that 70% of the supporter base want him to be sacked.

70% of Collingwood supporters want Buckley gone by seasons end.

The Clarkson and Buckley comparisons are bizarre and embarrassing.
πŸ† | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | πŸ†
Magpietothemax

Post by Magpietothemax »

Piesnchess wrote:
Jezza wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:Good players, a good healthy list, make good Coaches, being that way for over 150 yrs. Clarko is finding that out now. I doubt if he could do any better with us at present, our kids need to mature and we really need a KPP or two. Takes time, it is what it is. Keep playing kids, and get a few guys back, theres not much more we can do, until the draft really. We wont win the flag this season, but neither will 16 other teams, thats the reality.
Clarkson's done plenty to earn respect and patience from the Hawthorn supporter base. That's why silence from the Hawks fans to have moved him on are deafening.

It's easy to "play the kids", but are they being taught and coached properly?

Bullshit, take a look at the Hawks Bigfooty site, they are spewing on Clarko, now, as much as fans here are spewing on Bucks. They aint happy at the Hawks at all. They are not silent at all.
Good. Maybe they need a change of coach as well.
Solution opens up: trade Bux fir Ckarko NOW!!
Free Julian Assange!!
Ice in the veins
Piesnchess

Post by Piesnchess »

^ im only saying the Hawks fans are not happy, they are not used to it, you made out they are pefectly happy to lose to North, whom even we beat. Of course Clarko has Premierships, been a great coach, his record dwarfs any other coach in the League. But, Hawk fans are not happy with him and it may well be 70% arent happy,how would u know what the percentage is. ??

Jezza

Post by Jezza »

Piesnchess wrote:^ im only saying the Hawks fans are not happy, they are not used to it, you made out they are pefectly happy to lose to North, whom even we beat. Of course Clarko has Premierships, been a great coach, his record dwarfs any other coach in the League. But, Hawk fans are not happy with him and it may well be 70% arent happy,how would u know what the percentage is. ??
I never said they were happy.

I said they weren't banging the drums demanding Clarkson be sacked and are being patient with him because of what he's achieved in the past.

They may be upset by today's performance and attributing some blame to Clarkson for the loss, but that's different to wanting to see the coach depart.
Magpietothemax

Post by Magpietothemax »

Jezza wrote:
The Clarkson and Buckley comparisons are bizarre and embarrassing.
Absolutely Jezza.
Free Julian Assange!!
Ice in the veins