#1 Patrick Lipinski

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

Charlie Oneeye
Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 14 times

Post by Charlie Oneeye »

thesoretoothsayer wrote:I'm wary of turning Wright into our new messiah (the previous two didn't end so well) but, gee, he's getting stuff done.

I think we did well in the 2020 National draft, Wright wasn't there.

We have traded out 2022 Pick 2, and used pick 41, & 43 for Lipinski and kreuger

We got 55 back and some other 3rd/4th rounds ?

Not taking away anything from Wright, I am rapt with the appointment, we could have gotten a dud. so we did well to get him.

My point is that he is not a messiah. Some supporters have him turning water into wine, and every post is a winner these days. A sneeze is cheered.

Bottom line, we have seemingly a great new team of people , fresh and ready to take on a new era. It's been done before, and here we go again. It's always exciting to open a present.

Its a team. GW is professional, experienced, he didn't appear with magic. He was recruited in. Hine is cut from the same cloth.

We paid 43 for Lippi but supposed to be 2 picks in the 50's ? OMG FAILURE! The first crack. LOL
MJ23

Post by MJ23 »

Paid more than I wanted to - really wanted to bend them over - but probably paid less than he is worth.
Welcome Patty - really hope he becomes our next Jack Crisp
"Even when Im old and gray, I wont be able to play but Ill still love the game"
Michael Jordan
BBHS
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 5 times

Post by BBHS »

Finds the ball and can kick goals. Definitely will help us.
jackcass

Post by jackcass »

thesoretoothsayer wrote:I'm wary of turning Wright into our new messiah (the previous two didn't end so well) but, gee, he's getting stuff done.
Always thought we should look at what we've already got instead of chasing fringe players from other clubs.

In the case of Kreuger we've got Kelly, Begg, Johnson and McMahon who are essentially unknowns at that KPF role.

In the case of Lipinski, we've got at least McInnes, Macrae, 2x Browns, Rantall, and Bianco who still need to stake a claim for midfield spots.

So for mine, yes he's getting stuff done, just not sure it's what we needed. Good luck to both Kreuger and Lipinski. Now they're on board, they have my full support.
Last edited by jackcass on Mon Oct 11, 2021 12:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
robevpau1

Post by robevpau1 »

Take_a_Screamer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 12 times

Post by Take_a_Screamer »

Wow, YES, what great news!
Getting better day by day.

After a dark winter, it's a great time to be a Magpies fan!!!!
Ash Johnson...you beauty
Johnson Screamer @ https://www.afl.com.au/video/931485/joh ... -epic-mark? ❤️️
Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 48 times
Been liked: 113 times

Post by Mr Miyagi »

Too many negative posts on the Facebook page, he doesn’t get enough possessions, averages only 15 touches, blah blah blah. This kid is a great get, he’s going to shine at a new club. I get Jack Crisp vibes
Mr Miyagi

Post by Mr Miyagi »

jackcass wrote:
Always thought we should look at what we've already got instead of chasing fringe players from other clubs.

In the case of Kreuger we've got Begg, Johnson and McMahon who are essentially unknowns at that KPF role.

In the case of Lipinski, we've got at least McInnes, Macrae, 2x Browns, Rantall, and Bianco who still need to stake a claim for midfield spots.

So for mine, yes he's getting stuff done, just not sure it's what we needed. Good luck to both Kreuger and Lipinski. Now they're on board, they have my full support.
Premiership teams have depth. We’re building that.
jackcass

Post by jackcass »

I thought we already had depth. What we lacked was experience. Adding an inexperienced Kreuger and Lipinski with 54 games to his name does little to change that.
think positive
Has liked: 212 times
Been liked: 85 times

Post by think positive »

BazBoy wrote:The “Make me a Pie” is bloody great new trend
it sure is!!

hmm one on one, us against them, hopefully its our turn for a fairy tale!!!
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
slangman
Has liked: 23 times
Been liked: 9 times

Post by slangman »

Not sure if we will ever know but I wonder whether the Treloar salary that we are paying has in any way been involved in this trade.
To give the bulldogs the pick that they wanted for Lipinski after offering them two picks in the fifties makes me think that for us to agree to that, some/if not all of Treloar money would need to be factored in.
- Side By Side -
think positive
Has liked: 212 times
Been liked: 85 times

Post by think positive »

robevpau1 wrote:https://www.afl.com.au/video/683411/get-excited-watch-the-best-highlights-of-patrick-lipinski?videoId=683411&modal=true&type=video&publishFrom=1633912140001
wow wow wow!
thankyou very much Mr Wright!
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
BazBoy
Been liked: 29 times

Post by BazBoy »

We have spots on the list which we are filling with players who have some AFL experience which can be put to work immediately and want to play at Collingwood
And we have lost Mayne and Greenwood so spots filled
I'm not arguing--just explaining why i am right
Mr Miyagi

Post by Mr Miyagi »

jackcass wrote:I thought we already had depth. What we lacked was experience. Adding an inexperienced Kreuger and Lipinski with 54 games to his name does little to change that.
In two seasons he’ll have 100 games under his belt. Same for a lot of kids on our list. We’ll be in the finals race well and truly then
MatthewBoydFanClub
Been liked: 1 time

Post by MatthewBoydFanClub »

jackcass wrote:I thought we already had depth. What we lacked was experience. Adding an inexperienced Kreuger and Lipinski with 54 games to his name does little to change that.
It’s that age profile I think Wright is aiming for. We don’t have anyone in that 22-24 age gap apart from a couple (that’s why I think Wright is reluctant to release Lynch). Henry is going to be a good player for us but he doesn’t have the body yet to play in a key position for us. Poulter and McInnes the same. The only one we recruited last year with a mature body is MaCrae. You play these bodies at 18,19 or 20, you’re essentially throwing them to the wolves. A guy like Petracca you’re pitting them against is 95kg of muscle. Do you want to do that to them? Krueger is solidly built; McMahon isn’t. Lipinski I think is about 88kg. McInnes and Poulter won’t reach that for another three years. We may not be contending for another 2-3 years but we don’t want to burn out the guys we recruited last year in the meanwhile.